Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ZygorGuide

Discussion on ZygorGuide within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Closed Thread

Old 10/20/2019, 15:27   #2746

elite*gold: 0
i can download the classic zygor.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/20/2019, 16:03   #2747

Received Thanks: 3,545
Added a few mirrors for the classic guide.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/20/2019, 18:53   #2748

is there a chance to get classic
Version: 1.0.21169
from
October 20th, 2019 ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/20/2019, 20:03   #2749

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 6,973
Back to WoW after ages, thinking about a Firehawk relaunch. Already figured a few things out This time, completely free and with the help of some of you.

Stay tuned
Thanks
10 Users
Old 10/20/2019, 20:14   #2750

elite*gold: 210
Received Thanks: 13,282
Interesting that happens when people find out what was done. That my file has something the previous team never did.

But I do not take credit for what was done, that was due to someone else.

New Release

Direct Download
Direct Download

Thanks
15 Users
Old 10/21/2019, 02:03   #2751

Probably been answered already, but if I update to the newest one, will it reset my progress?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2019, 02:14   #2752

Received Thanks: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kherani View Post
Probably been answered already, but if I update to the newest one, will it reset my progress?
Nop it won't
Old 10/21/2019, 09:04   #2753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kherani View Post
The game is your progress not the add on. The add on tracks what the game does. So it cannot rest it because it is the game that progresses.
Old 10/21/2019, 10:55   #2754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoknowsit View Post
Back to WoW after ages, thinking about a Firehawk relaunch. Already figured a few things out This time, completely free and with the help of some of you.

Stay tuned
You were my hero these days .. pllllereeeeeeease!!!
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2019, 11:50   #2755

Well let’s see if you get what you want. Seeing people do something and stop. I have kept on going since 2013. But makes me laugh that when an affiliate finds out the fix we made. That had nothing to do with them. They come out of no where lol. Either way like before when they stop again I will just keep on going. I have posted nearly every update since 2013, so I am not doing too bad. But very thankful for the ones that offered to help.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/21/2019, 21:05   #2756

I'm using "Zygor Guides Viewer 7.0.21120" and no matter what I do, everytime I log back into WoW I get the nagging "subcription expired".

I did the following:
- deleted the WTF cache
- deleted the Zygor folder and reinstalled it
- completely removed any other addons, Zygor being the only one in the Addons folder
- tried tagging the zygor lua files with a 'read-only'

What happens is Zygor shows the active guide (leveling 110-120 in my case) with the annoying expiration popup.

As soon as I reload the UI or logout, Zygor doesn't reset to the default state. It shows me the subscription expiration popup, and most of the guides (including the active one) are deactivated.

What else can I do to keep the addon active?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2019, 21:21   #2757

@ the issue you have is not the addon. Lets just say that part is sorted out.
Seeing you have done nearly all but 1 thing. What are you extracting it with and is it the latest version? Seeing other have had the same problem. But they was extract a new archive with old software. If you update what you have and extract it, then it would be no issue. I hope that helps.
Old 10/21/2019, 21:57   #2758

@ I hope, you are not talking about me and my idea. Because if you do, you got me wrong. First off all, when i shared Zygor, Dugi & co., i did this for almost 7 years. Second, my idea to relaunch Firehawk has nothing to do with the stuff you share here. Tbh, i did not check, how the guides / licensing changed in the past and what you've done to get around it. And that's not, what i meant when saying, that i figured some things out. At the end, you'll see, what i really figured out and what i meant, when saying, that i need your help, when the time has come.

PS: Firehawk was never meant to make money of it. It was built to automate everything (downloading from Zygor, preparing for public release, post on EPVP, include within our client, etc.). But that's another story.

PPS: I'm a true fan of your work @. Relaunching Firehawk (or something similar) is not a plan to replace you or your work. All i want to achieve is to make things easier for everyone, including you.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 10/21/2019, 22:14   #2759

@ no idea where that came from. How can you be an affiliate of yourself? I got you wrong, seeing you have got it wrong because it was not even about you. Well personally I do not know how long you have done it. Only thing I know about you is your personal vendetta and and your affiliates do as well. Me I just provided the guides for free, thats all I do. Ok nothing to do with, so why post to a topic that it has something to do with? Yea the "only", yes just only thing I never understood about firehawk was 1 thing. Multiple servers globally to host such small files. When I asked one of your team that the result was one thing "Instant ban".

Well this part
Quote:
I'm a true fan of your work
Going by what you have said in the past "ok" it is the past. Not sure how to react on that.
But then going by your affiliates, one thing I can say is they still hate me for keeping it going. When it is them that are downloading the file. OR should I say just "one" of them that have been given multiple warnings from mods due to their actions.

Thing is I praised your work before and when I asked anything I got 1 emotion, "anger". Then since your service went down, I have had one "affiliate" come and go with hate. Stating that I have been stealing your work and taking credit for your work. When none of what I use is even your files. But then could not even be, since you stopped before legion. But what I provide is the work of 3 people with no connection to firehawk at all. 2 did what I never saw anyone do since Zygor was first released.

Me I am just the guy that has kept on going when people backed down. Reason: To help others.
@ oh being sincere, that other guide...
That dev has a lot of traps in it so be careful. The usual that you already know of and he is adding certain things within it that it hard to track. Believe that as you want, just do not want you do lose what I did.

New Release

New Release

Thanks
20 Users
Old 10/22/2019, 02:33   #2760

Quote:
Well personally I do not know how long you have done it.
As an example:

Quote:
your personal vendetta
A such thing never existed. I just wanted to keep things fair for all of our users (and we had thousands).

Every Firehawk user could have been an affiliate, because that was an open program for everyone (or at least for our premium users, can't remember). I did never control, what our affiliates did. That was always out of our responsibilities. However, i apologize for them, because that was never intended. But they haven't been sent by us to degrade other people sharing Zygor, etc. The only thing we followed by ourselves was, if we had 101% evidence, that "premium" stuff has been shared outside of Firehawk (and i know, that the thread starter for example did that multiple times...).

However, that's all the past. I've learned from several mistakes i made and if i ever come back with something new, i will do better than i did in the past.
Thanks
6 Users
Closed Thread