Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Druid PvP Build

Discussion on New Druid PvP Build within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,757
I was kind of surprised to find out that I have a little over 1150 hours /played in game so far. (8 peeps * 6 days /played, (average) * 24 hours in a day) This has given me a unique perspective when it comes to PvP, because not only have I killed every Alliance class with every Horde class, but I have also been killed by every Alliance class as every Horde class. The most difficult thing to do when trying to build the best overall character template, is trying to remember all the PvP encounters I have been in, and filtering out the ?BS PvP?. (BS PvP encounters = encounters where, regardless of personal skill, abilities or talents, the outcome would not have changed) An example of BS PvP is me as a 50 Mage, attacking a 30 Mage, I kill him but I learn NOTHING, and regardless of my template he still would have died. Another example is me in a PvE engagement with 20% health left, and a peep 5 levels below me ganks me. Hell no I don?t feel bad, not only did he have the advantage of surprise, he also already had me 80% dead at the start. I must filter these out, so that I can accumulate meaningful data, in order to build a better template. There is other BS that also must be filtered and this is far WORSE then the BS mentioned above. That is misinformation, which is 80-90% of the crap we see in the chat channels, and on the WOW public boards. Trust me, if peeps have anything intelligent to say, they are saying it on their clan/guild boards.

Another thing to remember is that these are based on my ?play style?. If I had to describe my play style in a couple of words, I would describe it as ?overly aggressive?. You will not find me with a ?stun rogue? and my shaman and warrior with both be 2H for PvP. (they will go 1H/Shield for end game instances/PvE). In the U.S. Army, 80% of our training was in offensive operations, and I guess it carried over because I simply refuse to defend anything. Yeah, if I am in a FPS, I?ll ?camp the flag?, but there are no flags in WOW. The best defense is an overwhelming offense! (No, I do not mean a zerg either; I hate zergs, all numbers and no skill)

Bored yet? O.K O.K. The last thing I ask you to remember is the ?build type?. There are only 5 types of a build that you can possibly make. (I don?t care how you place your 51 points, your overall template will fall into one of the five)
1. Offensive Group = Your template is geared toward causing massive damage, in the minimal amount of time, and you have skills that can benefit multiple members of your group, and/or you have skills that can disadvantage/damage multiple members of the opposing group.
2. Offensive Solo = Your template is geared toward causing massive damage, in the minimal amount of time, and the vast majority of your skills only benefit you or disadvantage a single opponent.
3. Defensive Group = You are a healer and buffer.(No not a floor buffer)
4. Defensive Solo = Your template is geared towards lasting longer then your opponent and you plan on winning a battle through attrition.
5. Gimped = any build type that does not fall into one of the above four, or any build type that tries to combine, in any way, the above 4.

BUILD TYPE:
Defensive Group. Specced heavy in Restoration/Balance. Why not other? LOL what else is there? This is it peeps my healer, at first glance I thought that this would be one of the easier builds. However I constantly had brainlock as I am always in the ?Offensive frame of mind?. I totally stripped out everything Offensive, that?s right not a single talent here decreases the amount of time it takes to kill a target, 100% of the placed points increase the time it takes a target to kill you. After all is said and done I am kind of happy with it, as does its job, even noticing a slight decrease in downtime in PvE.(Although if you want an Offensive Solo template go hardcore Feral)

THEORY OF THE BUILD:
Heal the ?Earth Mother??
Groups will love you for the +50% chance to crit on the Regrowth. Although this is a ?Defensive Group? build, keep in mind this is still a PvP build, so I DID NOT take the talents that reduce threat as this is useless in PvP. There is one hidden benefit that can be used offensively if needed, and that is Nature?s Swiftness, giving you an Insta cast. Also keep in mind that you want to use Innervate right after a cast so that you do not interrupt the 400% and nerf it down to 100%, it lasts 20 secs so try to time it when you will not have to cast. When the enemy figures out you are a healer you are going to have to rely on roots and bear form, always use rooting first as dropping into bear costs mana, and no mana = no healing, which means you fail you job as a healer. Also keep in mind never to use any abilities while in bear form, (except maybe stun) because you need to save your rage to dump into Frenzied Regen so you do not have to heal right after coming out of bear and back into caster form. You will most likely be using this in end-game instances also, so be very cautious as you do not have the reduced threat talents on your healing spells. I really cannot think of anything else to say about this build. The job of healer is never a glamorous one, but someone has to do it.

Saved Template

Class: Druid
Level: 60

Balance Talents (11 points)
? Nature's Grasp - 1/1 point
While active, any time an enemy strikes the caster, they have a 35% chance to become afflicted by Entangling Roots (Rank 1). Only usable outdoors. 1 charge. Lasts 45 seconds.
? Improved Nature's Grasp - 4/4 points
Increases the chance for your Nature's Grasp to entangle an enemy by 65%.
? Improved Entangling Roots - 3/3 points
Gives you a 100% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting Entangling Roots.
? Nature's Reach - 2/2 points
Increases the range of your Wrath, Entangling Roots, Faerie Fire (caster form only), Moonfire, and Starfire spells by 20%.
? Omen of Clarity - 1/1 point
Imbue the Druid's weapon with natural energy. Each hit has a chance of causing the caster to enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the Mana cost of your next damage or healing spell by 100%. The Omen of Clarity enchantment lasts 5 minutes.

Feral Combat Talents (0 points)
? None

Restoration Talents (40 points)
? Improved Mark of the Wild - 5/5 points
Increases the effects of your Mark of the Wild spell by 35%.
? Nature's Focus - 5/5 points
Gives you a 60% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting the Healing Touch or Regrowth spells.
? Improved Healing Touch - 5/5 points
Reduces the mana cost of your Healing Touch spell by 15%.
? Gift of Nature - 1/1 point
Increases the effect of your Healing Touch, Rejuvenation, Regrowth, and Tranquility spells by 5%.
? Combat Endurance - 5/5 points
Allows 10% of your Health regeneration to work while in combat.
? Improved Rejuvenation - 5/5 points
Increases the effect of your Rejuvenation spell by 15%.
? Reflection - 5/5 points
Allows 15% of your Mana regeneration to continue while casting.
? Nature's Swiftness - 1/1 point
When activated, your next Nature spell becomes an instant cast spell.
? Improved Tranquility - 2/2 points
Gives you a 80% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting your Tranquility spell.
? Improved Regrowth - 5/5 points
Increases the critical effect chance of your Regrowth spell by 50%.
? Innervate - 1/1 point
Increases the target's Mana regeneration by 400% and allows 100% of the target's Mana regeneration to continue while casting. Lasts 20 seconds.
Old 09/19/2005, 22:26   #2

elite*gold: 0
sorry aber das is build - was am schluss steht is ****.
total sinnlos da 40 punkte in resto zu packen... dann lieber 9 in feral und chargen können. imp tranq... wenn ich das schon hör wird mir schlecht!