Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 17:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Paladin PVP(arena mostly) tips

Discussion on Paladin PVP(arena mostly) tips within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Paladin PVP(arena mostly) tips

So a friend of mine asked me if I had any tips for his paladin that he just started playing again, and I realised there is actually quite a few hints the inexperienced paladin might not know of or think of.

And in my struggle towards contributor I decided to try and post what I told him and share with the lot of you! Basicly I will just go through diffrent tips, that I found helpful and I hope they will help you too! The tips are pretty much only useful in arenas tho.

# When you are trapped by a hunter, you can still cast hand of freedom on your teammates - giving them a very easy job running behind a pillar and just LOSing the hunters damage.

# When you are cycloned by a druid, you can (like when trapped by a hunter) still cast freedom on your teammate so he can kite / LoS to avoid most damage!

# When you get scattershot by a hunter, it is almost always followd by a trap. Spam Divine Sacrifise or hand of sacrifice on your partner and you will find that quite frequently the sacrifice will go of and your trap will immediatly break!

# You can use Divine Sacrifice when you are hexxed, could sometimes save your partner!

# Aura Mastery in combination with sacrifice makes you immune to a lot of cc on the same time. Perfect against mages!

# Your Avenger's Shield not only stopps mages from casting offensive spells on your teammates it also stopps them from silencing you! Toss it on them and get an extra free heal in!

# If you have beacon of light on your partner, you can heal them from 60 yards away by spamhealing yourself. By doing this you will also get out of combat after 5 seconds, perfect if you want to drink! Heal self with holy light - crit warrior for 20k from 60 yards and immediatly sit down and drink!

# When a warlock fel domination summons a pet, or a hunter heart of the phoenix resses it, it will for a very short period of time be on ~5% health. Hit it with a hammer of wraith and watch them cry for wasting their cd! (Download the addon Spell Alerter to get a big warning when a warlock pops feldom, then just target the pet and oneshot it!)

# When you are up against a dispeller + dps, example priest rogue, stack seal of corruption proccs on the dps so you can get a full stun in without it getting dispelled!

# Against physical dps(ers) + healer, use Blessing of santuary on yourself, you will not be needing the 10% extra mana and mana back from blocks + 3% less dmg is nice!

# Hand of reckoning is a great way to get in combat before a sap or interupt a drinking player unless you are full holy and have 40yard judgements. (Tho it still is, since its of gcd and very cheap manawise.)

# Forbearance debuff at a crucial point? Do not forget about avenging wrath! It is a very powerful spell, especially in combination with sacrifice + auramastery!

# TAUNT PETS! Taunting a hunterpet after a scattershot will force it to attack you for like 3 sec, this will often be enough for it to break the trap! Also taunting a shadowfiend to kite it will stop the priest from getting quite some mana! You could also do this with frost elemental before a sheep to make him hit you and break it!

# When up against rogues and poping aura mastery, try to have your back towards them while healing - that way they can't gouge you! This is quite hard to pull of tho because of delay and they can just run around.

# Up against a warlock using succubus? Auramastery with shadow resistance aura could help! They wont be silencing you anyway! Same goes for survival hunters and fire resistance aura!

# If you have sacred shield on yourself while in sheep / seduce with sacrifice up - remove it and the cc will break sooner. It breaks on damage taken, not on damage absorbed. So again, remove it - have the cc break, and apply it to your teammate if he is under preasure, which he normally is when you are ccd!

# Up against a rogue priest? They trying to kill your teammate? Stay at range and when the rogue leaves your partner and runs for you, pop sacrifice - and you will often break the blind!

Other then that there are ofcourse a few even more basic things, like always keep sacred shield up (which is like the most important thing ever.), use divine plea early so you dont risk going oom if you have to cancel it, fear warlockpets when you need to stop them from silencing or seducing you if you have the glyph for it, If you used divine sacrifice, make sure your partner is within 30 yard range of you so damage is actually ransfered!

Also like x Royal x said, remember that hand of sacrifice and divine sacrifice is a very, very good way to break cc.

I hope this will help some of you!