Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Salty Achievement Guide

Discussion on Salty Achievement Guide within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Salty Achievement Guide

Guide to the title, Salty!
The Achievements for the Salty title meta are,

Grandmaster Fisherman

The Scavenger

Master Angler of Stranglethorn

One That Didn’t Get Away

Deadliest Catch

Outland Angler

Fish Don’t Leave Footprints

The Coin Master

The Old Gnome and the Sea

The Fishing Diplomat

Mr.Pinchy’s Magical Crawdad Box

Old Man Barlowned

Northrend Angler

1000 Fish

Ok, now that that junks out of the way… What I consider the best ways to get the achievements. ( I have not completed salty due to Pinchy and The Diplomat RNG but I’m nearly there.)

Grand Master Fisherman- You’ll get this over time, especially with Diplomat, Coinmaster, and Pinchy RNG.

The Scavenger-
Steam Pump Flotsam: Ridiculously easy to find, all over Zangarmarsh, don’t even need to provide a SS.

Bloodsail Wreckage: Can be difficult to find. I had my luck at near the STV arena.

Schooner Wreckage: Best bet would be south of SS on the beach.

Waterlogged Wreckage: Close to Nesingway camp. Can be difficult to find.

Floating Wreckage: Near the docks by Feralas, easy to find.

Master Angler of Stranglethorn: This one, is most arguably the hardest. I’ve won twice. The trick is, set your hearth stone to BB, and stay away from BB. Go to the area I have outlined, there’s generally WAY less competition. This one, will be the ball breaker so to speak. Only 52 people a year per server can win, not everyone does. Good luck with it.

One That Didn’t Get Away- This one is one of the few RNG based achievements, could get it on the first, could get it on the 1000th. Best one to get, is the Dark Herring. Best place to fish up the Dark Herring, is by fishing in pools of Herring. Follow the outline around the lake, only do the outline around Skorn, if there’s competition.

Deadliest Catch- Go to Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh- He’s on one of the Isles, and buy a Mudskunk Lure from him.

Then, go to Zul’Gurub, and fish in the pools inside the water around the base of Hakkar’s Temple.

and then use lure, and fish em up! Don’t have to kill him, but he sometimes drops a book mages want, so they can polymorph pig, sells for around 2k.

Outland Angler:
Brackish Mixed School, and Sporefish can both be fished in this lake.

Bluefish is found in the lake, and the Mudfish can be found in the rivers.

Darters are found in the river, and the Highland fish are found in the lake I circled.

Fish Don’t Leave Footprints: You can get the Weather Beaten Journal, out of any Azeroth Trunk/Case. I’ve heard Southshore Area is good, I got mine from Tanaris so, /shrug.

The Coin Master: Just fish in the Fountain in Dalaran next to the Orhpan Matron. Very RNG based, and very frustrating, don’t give up!

The Old Gnome and the Sea: Just fish in any pool of fish, easy.

The Fishing Diplomat: This one requires you to fish in Forlorn Caverns for Old Ironjaw, and The Valley of Honor for Old Crafty, RNG based, and you will be ganked.

Mr.Pinchy’s Magical Crawdad Box: Fish in Mixed Highland schools for him in Terrokar, need a flying mount. They can be found in the Highlighted Areas.

Old Man Barlowned: Found at the lake by Shattrath, just do all his dailies, very simple, no challenge.

The Lurker Above: Go into Serpent Shrine Cavern, get to the lurkers spot, fish him up, ding ding ding, Achievement! Do it naked incase of death.

Northrend Angler: Borean Man O' War School - Borean Tundra (anywhere along the coast)

Deep Sea Monsterbelly School - Borean Tundra, Dragoblight, Howling Fjord (around Icebergs in the Frozen Sea)

Dragonfin Angelfish School - Dragonblight (Lake Indu'le)

Fangtooth Herring School - Howling Fjord (rivers and lakes, not coast)

Glacial Salmon School - Grizzly Hills (rivers and lakes, not coast)

Glassfin Minnow School - Crystalsong Forest

Imperial Manta Ray School - Northrend (general Northrend fish, found off any coast, not in lakes or rivers)

Moonglow Cuttlefish School - Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Howling Fjord (around Icebergs in the Frozen Sea)

Musselback Sculpin School - Borean Tundra (Lake Kum'uya)

Nettlefish School - Sholazar Basin (rivers and lakes, not coast)

Taken from Wowhead, not worth taking pictures of since there extremely easy to find.

1000 fish: Very easy achievement, just fish up 1k fish!

Good luck on getting Salty, you’ll have to battle RNG a lot!
I wrote this entire guide, and took pictures, with exception, of the Northrend Angler. The Add-on that makes the map look like that is Carbonite.

Thanks for reading.