Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
You last visited: Today at 14:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Firehawk - Your premium ingame addons installer & updater.

View Poll Results: Are you using Firehawk? If yes, on which OS are you using it?
Microsoft Windows 1,222 94.36%
Mac 97 7.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #526

elite*gold: 0
Still you must check the curse addons or put them back in a sepperated curse corner of firehawk

Old   #527

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 6,940
Sorry, but i don't get the point. Who forces you to install them via Firehawk? Simply ignore them, if you don't want Firehawk to install/update them?

However, as already stated, the whole functionality is not perfect, yet. We're still improving it, but this process may take some time.

Old   #528

The point is that i use firehawk to get usefull addons. Now there are so manny and there are addons that are out of date. So why do you want to give a addon the utillity to your updater while it is not up to date and cause errors?
Old   #529

Curse is the No. 1 source for ingame addons. We've integrated it as additional service into our own product, so Firehawk became just a replacement for the Curse client.

If they abandon an addon because it hasnt been updated for quite a while, it will also be removed from Firehawk. Until then, you have to deal with the fact, that we are not responsible for outdated addons. It's up to Curse, if and when an addon is being removed from their database.

Old   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoknowsit View Post
Curse is the No. 1 source for ingame addons. We've integrated it as additional service into our own product, so Firehawk became just a replacement for the Curse client.

If they abandon an addon because it hasnt been updated for quite a while, it will also be removed from Firehawk. Until then, you have to deal with the fact, that we are not responsible for outdated addons. It's up to Curse, if and when an addon is being removed from their database.
So you do not check before you put the addons in firehawk client or they are uptodate? What are you gonna to do with the addons is have give you with are out of date? ar e you these goning to remove asp?
Old   #531

> What are you gonna to do with the addons is have give you with are out of date? ar e you these goning to remove asp?

Pardon?

> So you do not check before you put the addons in firehawk client or they are uptodate?

Addons are already checked by the Curse team, so there's no need that we do this, too. Furthermore, there's no reliable way to check, if an addon is outdated AND no longer working with the current WoW version. All you can do is to say: If an addon hasn't been updated within a specific timeframe, you can assume that it's outdated and no longer functional. This is, what Curse does and it Curse flags an addon as outdated or abandoned, it will be automatically removed from Firehawk.
Old   #532

I don't understand Isbart problem. Three days ago when firehawk updated the feature asked us to choose which addon add to the list. So the actually addon list that firehawk supports Is based on our choose. Is there some old or not supported addon? Yes, but is because we choose it
Old   #533

bitten's spellflash (all) are out of date. The addons that the LUI corse works with are also out of date. And there are more addons who are out off date. Why should i check the addons for you or they are uptodate??
Old   #534

I Love the new Curse integration!

Quote:
So what exactly do you want to see on Firehawk?
Would it be possible to add an option for "beta" releases in some addons? I usually use "release" versions for the addons, but for some of them I prefer the "beta" versions.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snamor View Post

Would it be possible to add an option for "beta" releases in some addons? I usually use "release" versions for the addons, but for some of them I prefer the "beta" versions.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
I cannot guarantee, that we can provide this. Maybe later with a switch in the options, where you can enable/disable the display of Alpha/Beta/Instable releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBart View Post
bitten's spellflash (all) are out of date. The addons that the LUI corse works with are also out of date. And there are more addons who are out off date. Why should i check the addons for you or they are uptodate??
We are running in a circle, so please understand that

- the Curse integration is not a premium feature
- you are not forced to install/update the addons using Firehawk and just manage your preferred addons (like Zygor & Dugi)
- we are not responsible for the up-to-dateness of addons provided by Curse.com and the addon authors

Maybe (in a future version of Firehawk) you'll get the possibility to disable the display of Curse addons within Firehawk (or display them in a separate product group).
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snamor View Post

yea me aswell ;D good work there.
Old   #537

Would it not be possible for you to make some sort of hiracy on the Firehawk ?
So that you have the Curse client and then the one the premium members get, so its not just 1 big chunk ?
Some thing like this
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Old   #538

Nice idea. However, we are already working on something, but i'll keep that in mind.
Old   #539

Quote:

Maybe (in a future version of Firehawk) you'll get the possibility to disable the display of Curse addons within Firehawk (or display them in a separate product group).
That's what I was going to suggest. Maybe just allow users that don't want to control Curse addons through Firehawk to hide them from view. For now I am ignoring them, but it does bother my OCD to see them all. But still not a big deal to argue on a forum about lol
Old   #540

The API is ready to provide this functionality. But a client update is required for the options

Closed Thread