Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
You last visited: Today at 18:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Firehawk - Your premium ingame addons installer & updater.

View Poll Results: Are you using Firehawk? If yes, on which OS are you using it?
Microsoft Windows 1,222 94.36%
Mac 97 7.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #481

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1n4ry View Post
he means some addons / update speed were for premium members only now you state everyone has access to everything firehawk offers... also why is there passwords on the guides in the bookshelf? i downloaded them and cant even open them
In response to the Guides, I personally do not have to enter a Password. At present I have 4 of the KG - Heroes of the Storm Guides and 2 of the WoW - Gold Guides and do not have to enter any kind of password. I am using the Adobe Reader and in the upper right hand corner there is a Sign-In button, but I just ignore that and am able to view and navigate all 6 of those guides with out any problems.

Not for sure why you are asked for a Password. Which guide/guides are you trying to open?

Old   #482

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 6,940
Use a proper PDF reader

> he means some addons / update speed were for premium members only now you state everyone has access to everything firehawk offers...

That's not correct. And i can't remember, that i wrote that at any time.

Old   #483

Can I just say..

What the hell.. Why in gods name are people moaning. The guy Whoknowsit has been supplying Zygor for free, your meant to pay for it. Now for whatever reason there is an issue that means temporarily maybe even permanently he can no longer supply it.

And people want to complain, the guys a legend in my opinion and you guys should be grovelling at his feet.

Yet you have the nerve to berate him and moan about what he may or may not have said or done. Get a grip.

Kudos to you Whoknowsit, you are a star.
I hope you can get it going again but if you can't then thank you for what you have done for the wow community up to know.
Thanks
6 Users
Old   #484

Okay... That was unexpected

Thank you.

Old   #485

was in no way complaining i was just elaborating what the other fellow mentioned

as far as my issue with bookshelf guides i tried using adobe reader and the built in "preview" built in finder (i'm on osx) what do you consider proper
Old   #486

Adobe Reader works fine on Mac
Thanks
1 User
Old   #487

@All

We'll soon start an experiment and enable "Curse" as new product group. Later today, we'll provide you the possibility to suggest WoW addons from Curse to be added to Firehawk.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #488

Wow, Firehawk just gets better and better. Thank you all for all the work.
Old   #489

@All

The new Curse function is live now. You may have to restart Firehawk in order to see it.

What's that?

A half year ago (maybe earlier), i've experimented with Curse.com and the possibility to integrate it into Firehawk. However, we planned not to release it until V2 of Firehawk is out.

But today, i decided to provide it to everyone. I am aware of the fact, that the UI of Firehawk is not perfect for that, but i don't see a reason to keep this still "private". So here, it is

This integration allows you to keep all of your addons up to date, which have been downloaded / installed via Curse.com (Client or manually) without any restriction and completely free of ads.

Why not just provide all WoW addons from Curse?

We are aware of the fact, that Curse also hosts a shitload of useless stuff. Why should we host stuff, that no one needs when you are able to tell us, what you really need?

How can i request an addon to be added to the Client?

Visit and enter the Curse addon URLs into the text box. Confirm that you are human and you're done.

Next is to wait for a few minutes to let Firehawk fetch the addon data. Depending on the number of outstanding submissions, this process might take a few minutes before taking effect.

Please note, that the amount of URLs per request is limited to avoid unexpected side effects during submission.

My addon isn't displayed as "Installed" but it is installed?

Nothing's perfect, neither Firehawk. Automatic detection of installed Addons is something we plan for V2, but for now, you'll have to hit the "Install" button once for every addon in order to mark it as installed.

---

Please note, that even if the whole integration has been tested for more than a half year, problems may occur. The online submission form has just been created and might sometimes not do, what it should. In this case, please use the contact form and report any problem.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoknowsit View Post
The new Curse function is live now.
I like this functionality a lot, while I'm curse premium (addon developer), this will keep things nicely in one place.

One thing though, the 'Curse (World of Warcraft)' tab always says that the game isn't installed and there's no option (yet) to point at it in the settings.

(Version 1.4.5875, just reinstalled through the installer from the site)

Keep up the good work.
Old   #491

Quote:
One thing though, the 'Curse (World of Warcraft)' tab always says that the game isn't installed and there's no option (yet) to point at it in the settings.
Yeah, this is a bug. I'm currently thinking about merging WoW and Curse into one product. Should make things easier.
Old   #492

If you do that, you probably have to add a search-filter as well.
Because if Curse gets merged in to the current World of Warcraft product, you're likely looking at 1000+ entries in a month or two.

Adding icons infront of the checkbox might help if it shows the provider (curse or getfirehawk) which then probably will 'need' a checkbox somewhere "Only getfirehawk products/entries" (give it a name).
Easier to identify items you (as a user) find interesting.

Either that or an UI overhaul.
Old   #493

The UI overhaul is in progress, but takes time.
Old   #494

Well, great job. But i think the addon update is nice. But can tukui.org addons in it to?
Old   #495

Quote:
But can tukui.org addons in it to?
I am not very familiar with UI addons / packs so please forgive this stupid question: Why isn't it available via Curse or similar?

And is it this one you can get from here:

If yes, what about ElvUI? Anything else required, that you can just get from their website?

Closed Thread