Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Fishing via IPhone/IPod Touch

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Fishing via IPhone/IPod Touch

Things you need:
VNC Server Application for computer --->
IPod Touch/IPhone on current firmware
VNC app on IPod Touch/IPhone (Search App store for VNC) --->

How it works:
When I run the VNC server on the computer, it allows outside access via a remote connection. This is where the VNC app on the IPod Touch/Iphone comes in. This VNC app allows you to make that remote connection as long as you have some sort of internet service running on both ends. I input my IP and port I need to connect to, and viola!

It runs a little slower if I have my laptop on wifi, but other than that the speed isn't that bad. I'm not actually running WoW or any other programs from computer on my Ipod Touch. The VNC server justs transfers all of the screen images and then lets me interact with those images via the Ipod touch screen.

When I fish, to save lag time, I disable my addons by /disableaddons and close all of my chat bars or move them off of the screen. I do keep one chat bar open in the case of a whisper.

Let me know how it works for you.

Also, if you have any questions on setting up the VNC server, just YouTube it. Plenty of videos there!