Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Brand New AH scam

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Brand New AH scam

This scam is a little scam I thought up today. It involves having some schmuck buyout your AH item in hopes of getting a little tip from you.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1) Two characters: A main and a Bank Alt.
2) An item that isn't in the AH(or there are only 1 or 2).
3) Some sucker...

THE SETUP:
1) Take any weapon or armor item and send it to your bank alt. Have him put it up on the AH for a relatively small amount of gold (but enough to give you a nice profit). It is best that you be sure the item isn't already on the AH. Then just log off and get on your main.
2) Take your main and stand outside a major city (don't go in it). Be about 100-200 feet away or something. This is best to be either SW or ORG since thats where people hang out. Stand around and wait for someone (preferably level 65-70) who looks like they have some money and say something like, "Hey, dude can you do me a huuuuge favor! I really need this item that I think is on the AH, but I lag super bad in major cities. Can you go see if its in the AH and buyout for me? I'll pay you back and give you a tip!". Or something like that. They shouldn't have a problem most of the time. If they agree, wait until they enter the city and are out of site, then log off and log back on to your bank alt.
3) Now you simply wait on your bank alt for the money to come rolling in.

HOW YOU WONT GET :
The whole point of being outside of the major city is that once they enter the city, the conversation you had with the scamee will more than likely be out of the chat log with all the trade talk and guild speak the scamee will have. By the time he gets out and sees your not there he will try and find your name, but it will be gone.
It's best that you don't whisper this guy, so when he tries to reply he will have your name there. If you want to eniterly avoid this risk, just whisper him on your bank alt with some random message and then go "oops mt". That way when he hits R he will only talk to the seemingly innocent bank alt.

Well, thats the scam. I have (obviously) tried this and have gotten 90% success rate (one person said no thanks). If you could think of any possible improvements please tell me... thanks =D.

Old   #2

50% Working

Old   #3

I'm cold.... soooo cold

It has been postet a very long time ago...
Old   #4

your main will get hated, no good scam

Old   #5

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by labertaler View Post
your main will get hated, no good scam
Your main? you can have more than 2 chars you know i.e:

Main: got the money for the scamming -> send item to alt 1 and money to alt 2

Alt 1: put on AH