Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 11:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Halo franchise gets a new head

Discussion on The Halo franchise gets a new head within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 390
Exclamation The Halo franchise gets a new head

It's a change of era for the Halo saga: the boss of the franchise's development studio, 343 Industries, has indeed announced his departure.

Bonnie Ross, the founder and boss of the studio 343 Industries, has announced his departure from the studio and Microsoft. He worked as a vice president of the Windows publisher, and was at the head of 343 Industries for 15 years. In 2007, it was the studio that took over the reins of the saga, while Bungie - creator of the FPS - gained its independence (before being recently bought by Sony, but that's another story).

Halo Infinite, the unloved one

Ross had hoped to stay until the launch of the Halo Infinite update due out this winter, but a family obligation forces him to leave early. "I'm incredibly proud of the work everyone at 343 Industries has done on Halo Infinite, the Master Chief Collection, the Halo TV series and more," he wrote on Twitter...

In addition to these titles, Bonnie Ross and her teams have released games like Halo 4 and Halo 5 over the past 15 years. The latest FPS installment, Halo Infinite, has unfortunately hit a few snags since its release last December. The long-teased split-screen co-op mode was finally cancelled despite high expectations.

Instead, the studio chose to devote additional resources to new projects that have yet to be revealed. Another disappointment is that the third season has been pushed back to May 2023, five months behind the original schedule. Perhaps there was a need to shake up the company's management to turn the franchise around.

Bonnie Ross will be replaced by Pierre Hinze, previously production lead. Two new roles at the head of the studio have been added: Bryan Koski will be the general manager of the franchise, while Elizabeth Van Wyck becomes the boss of business and operations.