Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 23:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Roblox sues Youtuber for $1.6 Million...

Discussion on Roblox sues Youtuber for $1.6 Million... within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 420
Roblox sues Youtuber for $1.6 Million...

Game and social platform Roblox has sued a YouTube creator it banned from the platform over harassment and sexual content, saying he amassed a “mob” that temporarily shut down its October developers conference. The Roblox Corporation filed a complaint against Benjamin Robert Simon, also known as Ruben Sim, for breaching its user contract and violating anti-hacking laws. “Defendant Simon is the leader of a ‘cybermob’ that with malice, fraud, and oppression, commits and encourages unlawful acts designed to injure Roblox and its users,” the suit claims, seeking $1.65 million in damages.

Polygon initially reported the existence of the California lawsuit this morning. In it, Roblox says it banned Simon for attempting to upload a near-nude picture of himself, images of Adolf Hitler, and a “sex game” that’s forbidden on the kid-focused platform. Simon also allegedly harassed other members of the platform, used racial and homophobic slurs, and impersonated Roblox employees online, among other behavior.

After the ban, the suit says he continued accessing Roblox using fake accounts, evading bans on his hardware and IP addresses and encouraging his roughly 760,000 YouTube followers to do the same. (Roblox refers to this as “hacking into” the platform.)

The worst damage allegedly came during the Roblox Developers Conference in October of 2021. In the leadup to the conference, the suit says Simon “engaged his followers on Discord, glamorizing the April 3, 2018 active shooter and murder at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, and threatening / taunting a copycat act of terrorism at Roblox headquarters,” telling followers to “wait until [someone] does it to Roblox.” Then, during the conference, he tweeted that local police were searching for a fictitious “notorious Islamic Extremist” and that the extremist had posted a video titled “Someone Blow Up Roblox Now!” Meanwhile, his followers allegedly posted false active shooting threats and claimed to have poisoned the conference’s drinks.

Roblox says the conference was temporarily locked down while police and private security searched the facility, and it incurred $50,000 in expenses securing the event and investigating the incident. It alleges that Simon committed fraud by falsely representing the existence of a terrorist threat and trying to scare users away from the event.

Funny how a gigantic game corporation sue a guy who makes a joke for millions of dollars but couldn't even pay the kids who make games on their platform.
Old 11/29/2021, 12:37   #2

elite*gold: 0
Finally it happened. My *** Roblox is taking it too far with Ruben Sim in my opinion. Sometimes becauses of this, I feel like to quit roblox
Old 12/25/2021, 02:12   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** View Post
Roblox is a POS Corp.
It's one of the only games that has items valued at thousands of $ irl money but will ban you if you try to sell it for real money. (Like official items being worth and sold for 50-300k+ robux)

They banned my 2007 OG for off-site selling and buying. Like, dude... why would I spend $100 for 10k Robux when people charge like 3k-4k robux for things in-game. I'd prefer to spend $1.75 per 1k than $10. lol. (I'm still salty over it, so I am very bias )
can i ask where i you bought your robux from?
Old 01/18/2022, 02:28   #4

dam I hope he gets what he should.

check out the roblox white nights,
this idiot sends racial and homophobic slus, naked / nude games and send real world threeats and you say he should not be treated this way,.
dam I am glad he is and hope it is publisised so other childen see this and understand what you do on a pc has real world real life consiquences and to think what you do before you do it.
but I know this is pointless because kids do not do this nowadays.
I hope he gets the fine, if not he should get jail time,
this sort off thing is serious and NOT a game.
dam these online kids doing this **** from behind a sceen and not even understanding what the outcome of there actions will be, or not caring.
this is sick.

and these are the people who will one day wule this planet,
i see bright things in there future.
and its mushroom shaped.