Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 00:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Runescape : Lead Designer Mark Ogilvie Interview

Discussion on Runescape : Lead Designer Mark Ogilvie Interview within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Runescape : Lead Designer Mark Ogilvie Interview

MMORPG.com: RuneScape remains one of the top free to play MMOs out there. What keeps the game going so strongly?

Mark Ogilvie: Having a classless system within the game means we can offer a player real choices rather than forcing actions on the player based on an arbitrary decision they made some time in the past. Saying "we have a rich variety of gameplay content" is an easy thing to say, but when you look at lots of other products out there, you have to create a multitude of characters to experience it all. That's something we don't do in RuneScape. That means that, so long as you have the skill levels, you can do anything you like.

In terms of technology, we have the same approach to accessibility and have entire departments dedicated to making the experience as high quality as possible, irrelevant of the specs of your computer.

Our release strategy means that players are receiving new content almost every week, ensuring that there is always something new to engage players.

My personal favourite strength of RuneScape is the quest content, which really is the greatest range of epic adventures and fantastic journeys I have seen in an MMO.

Read it all .
Old 11/30/2009, 11:05   #2

elite*gold: 0
RUNESCAPEEEEEE = LAAAAAAAME MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA