Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 16:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Champions Online : DevChat Transcript

Discussion on Champions Online : DevChat Transcript within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Champions Online : DevChat Transcript

The transcript for yesterday's devchat is now available. Thanks go to Darkshrike from the official Champions Online forums for posting it!

Below are some of the more interesting questions from yesterday's devchat:

On balance:
Quote:
[18:41] <@cryptic_chronomancer> As for balancing, our goal is to only decrease the effectiveness of powers if they are honestly broken (doing multiples of expected damage, for example). It’s better for us focus on fixing broken powers that aren’t effective enough before we lower the effectiveness of powers.
[18:41] <@cryptic_chronomancer> Basically, we’re thinking more surgically moving forward in regards to how we address balance as opposed to dropping huge bombs.
On level gaps:

Quote:
[18:57] <@Cryptic_Ignoble> We are currently working to add a number of additional missions and instanced content to help fill several content gaps we have identified. These will begin making their way out to the server over the next few weeks and will hopefully integrate seamlessly with the content that already exists.
Sorcery auras:

Quote:
[19:00] <@Cryptic_Balseraph> Sorcery: Sorcery is, right now, getting a major "quality of life" overhaul. some bits (like the sigils) are being made stronger. Other parts are just being made less difficult to use. One big thing, Circles of Summoning are now being flagged as "Rituals of Summoning". They look exactly the same, and work exactly the same, but now are cumulative (stack with) C
[19:01] <@Cryptic_Balseraph> Circles of Power. Additionally, we're elminating the property where they eat ALL your energy, so you can get back into the fight more quickly with them. And, yes, we'll be increasing the range of the auras. =)
Two-handed weapons:

Quote:
[19:02] <~COquestionbot> <Vahn> Q: in single blade powerset, why theres no love for two handed weapons?

[19:02] <@Cryptic_Balseraph> Single Blade: We're going to give BIG GIANT two handed weapons so much love, they're going to get their own set. Eventually. =)
Celestial power set:

Quote:
[19:07] <~COquestionbot> <Dawnfire> Question: What kind of set will Celestial be? What will it's passive be?

[19:07] <@Cryptic_Balseraph> Celestial - A support set that really pushes flexibility over raw power, every power will have at least two distinct uses depending on <secret sauce>. The passive for the set emphasizes this. We're building this set this way because we love you, and we hate sleeping or ever going home.
Retcon & the economy:
Quote:
[19:19] <@Cryptic_Balseraph> Retconning and the Economy: First, there isn't enough money flowing into the game right now. This is a completely known issue, and we have several different options that we're testing. Basically, yes, we knowingly erred on the side of a too restrictive money supply to see what trends happened, and be able to catch issues (like dupe bugs) very quickly. Now
[19:19] <@Cryptic_Balseraph> we're getting ready to make some significant changes to drop rates of items and resources from critters... and all of them are basically going to be "more". =) The question, of course, is how much more; since neither we nor you wants the economy to be something that changes several times. For retcons in specific, I think that the cost scaling when you go deep
[19:20] <@Cryptic_Balseraph> might be found to be too high even after we've inflated the economy to where we want it to be. If so, well, we'll change it. Easy. The current balance goal is that all of the money you earn in a SINGLE level should allow you to retcon back FIVE steps.
For lots more, view the full devchat transcript .