Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Technical Support
You last visited: Today at 23:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why would my desktop suddenly stop recognizing my second monitor and how do I fix it?

Discussion on Why would my desktop suddenly stop recognizing my second monitor and how do I fix it? within the Technical Support forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why would my desktop suddenly stop recognizing my second monitor and how do I fix it?

When I start my computer, the BIOS message appears on one monitor in my dual monitor set up.
But when the computer login message appears on my windows operating system, it appears only
on the other monitor, and the desktop does not spread to both monitors.
Rebooting used to solve this problem last week, but now even that fails.
Please help.

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
Old 01/24/2021, 03:39   #2

Received Thanks: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarzu View Post

When I start my computer, the BIOS message appears on one monitor in my dual monitor set up.
But when the computer login message appears on my windows operating system, it appears only
on the other monitor, and the desktop does not spread to both monitors.
Rebooting used to solve this problem last week, but now even that fails.
Please help.

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
Projection extended?

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/24/2021, 03:42   #3

elite*gold: 1281
Are both monitors being identified in display settings?
Old 01/26/2021, 06:53   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Wanted View Post
Projection extended?

That unexpectedly worked.
It is actually a shock.
But before I tried that, I tightened the video cable connections in the back of the cpu and rebooted. Then the system was back to dual monitor mode for a while. After about a day of work and after I stepped away from my computer, I came back to see that it had gone back to a single monitor desktop.

But now, after I hit {windows symbol} + P, it fixed it.

It is strange. But the truth is stranger than fiction.