Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advice: Hold your $ tight

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Advice: Hold your $ tight

This is a proactive tip for avoiding scams.

Being on the trading forum with other members is one thing. Going to another site is another. I sympathize for those who have become victims of these scammers.

I keep seeing this happen here, and I'm sure it happens to lots of others for other games. These fraudulent sites will advertise things they do not have "credits, power leveling services" etc. Seems legit, if you google their name they will have tons of fake sites that are top on your results giving them freakishly similar and great ratings.

Not saying this is an indication of scam (or that every site besides ePVP is a scam), but before you are so quick to order and give them your credit card info, or use some sort of electronic payment method -- take a moment and think about it using logic. Is it possible for a single site to have unlimited credits on every server? Are their prices any cheaper for power leveling than our own members offering their more trustworthy services (which your own community members have tried and vouched for)? Probably not. If you think that none of this applies to you, at least do this much, go to their customer service and FIRST ask if they have credits on your server, and tell them how much. This much effort should at least give you enough to make a reasonable decision on spending your money.

Remember a lot of the people posting for the site are creating accounts only to advertise for the site, check to see if anyone else vouched for them on the threads, or check to see if their posting breaks the rules in anyway (backlinks, wrong section, multiaccounting). And god forbid you have a bad experience, please report it on the thread to warn others from the same fate.

SWTOR is my first MMO so this also might be true for others so it made me a little naive, but I also kept eyeing these sites constantly wondering if I should really pay some money for millions of credits until I decided to google their credibility myself. Bots always say things that don't make sense, look for reviews also that have a real human touch to them or describe an actual experience not. "GREAT GREAT, love service fast good buy now!" And repetitive, or way too complimentary and bland. Check the profiles of the raters, see if they have rated anything besides that one site. These are all proactive measures of ensuring a good investment of your money.

It's unlikely you'll be able to buy credits, to put it frankly, unless you find someone on your server in the black market. It's too bad since high amount of credits before 1.2 is tempting for me (certain about to be rare speeders, and crystals) but there's no reliable way of obtaining them besides the legit way

Always be wary of sites linking away from here, google is your friend. Thanks for reading, have fun, and may the force be with you.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
I have had problems with two dealers suggested here and learned one thing - you can't trust your peers.

I have found a great website that collects data from shoppers specifically for online trading called
My first two selections and orders trying out the sellers by their ratings and profiles landed me in the right waters and I had a happy shopping experience - thought I share...

Old   #3

elite*gold: 20
No, you shouldn't trust anyone, but on this site there's a more reliable way of checking their history if they have any -- if they don't then it's always safe to use a middleman I've also PMed users who have dealt with dealers before in order to verify their trustworthiness.

Thanks for sharing this!