Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Star Wars: The Old Republic > SWTOR Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 15:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Modern Anti-cheat & accessing the memory safely

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Modern Anti-cheat & accessing the memory safely

Firstly thank you guys in advance. I seek only knowledge, not someone to do anything for me.

I have been out of the game hacking (and playing for that matter) scene for years. I cant help playing a game without thinking of ways to exploit it. That being said, I have a couple of quick questions for you guys.

It would seem that windows vista/7 randomize memory addresses everytime I start the game client (argg).
Can you simply load up a virtual machine (running XP) (or windows XP mode) and run the game in the virtual machine to get static pointers?

I have been considering writing a script which reads "rule files" which are basically a calibration used to find the offsets each time the game client is loaded, so regardless of whether the memory locations are randomized or not I can still change the desired offsets.
The draw back here is you cannot find all the offsets, only a couple. The upside is it could run well on vista/7. Is there an easier way of overcoming the memory randomization?

There is a lot of information out there on the different anti-cheat engines... but most of it seems to be speculation. I have read that the swtor anti-cheat engine is mysteriously not enabled. I have been accessing the memory, finding offsets and have not been banned yet (yay) but at some point they are going to enable their system or another system. From what I have read modern anti-cheat engines (not in existence the last time I was doing memory hacking of games) attach hooks to OpenProcess, ReadProcessMemory, and WriteProcessMemory system calls.

If thats the case, how long does it normally take for (no particular, but in general) anti-cheat engines to detect memory reading/writting if the anti-cheat is enabled(if nothing stupid is done like speedhack/public hacking/warping etc)?

There are other ways of accessing the memory such as EnumProcessModules and if you really want to, you could write an asm program (very painful way of doing it) which I assume are not detectable)
I guess the question here is, what is the best way to avoid detection when accessing the memory?

Do I have to write the application in assembly or write it in C and make calls to assembly using _asem_(...) to avoid detection

It seems the latest fad is bots, and exploiting glitches, as opposed to the method of changing the memory in the client to make the game do unforseen things and open up vulnerabilities the developers did not account for.
Is this because its so easy to detect memory alteration?

I am no master hacker like some of the members on here clearly are, but I believe I can find, exploit, and create applications to exploit all of my findings with only moderate guidance to get up to speed.
Sorry for the long list of questions, I hope that I won't be patronized for being a noob or leecher.
I fully intend to find all my offsets myself, and even share my exploits with the community (I have released several when I used to be more involved in the game hacking scene)

Thanks
-gthm

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
yes u could use virtual machine to load XP

yes they do still detect hacking even though u wont get kicked out or anything they will ban ur account after some time (guess they just need time to check as there is so many players)

i think they purposefully left the hack protection off for now as they generally slow the servers down a lot and this is an important time for them to keep the servers stable, and u would be removed instantly if it was working - likely not banned instantly though, that would follow after im sure.

the rest is for some1 better then me to answer