Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

psremu, ideas?

Discussion on psremu, ideas? within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old 05/14/2010, 14:38   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciupka View Post
JMerlin search for idiots who will make emu for him and collect packets ..
He didnt forced anyone to help him / colect him packets or whatsoever.
Its just a thread opened for ideas and you are free to do whatever you want.
Old 05/14/2010, 14:38   #17

Kinda fail... I think you should stick with your emu because we all know that it will die in time >.> (SREMU)
Old 05/14/2010, 14:39   #18

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
Quote:
JMerlin search for idiots who will make emu for him and collect packets ..
1. Create base of private emulator.
2. Make it more basic and release source code to public.
3. Collect packets from people contributing to public source.
4. Implement packets into private emulator.
5. Public project dies.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/14/2010, 16:17   #19

Who said anything about releasing the source to it?

The problem with that, as you see here with SEA, is these guys are more than willing to host a server with a really terrible bit of software with a user limit of like 50-100, and even a bad base I write would do that no problem.

It would be binary only. If you want to contribute packets via wiki, then fine, it'll speed things up, if not, fine also.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/14/2010, 16:58   #20

Received Thanks: 1,609
Quote:
Ur a retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jM3 View Post
Just another retarded member of this community. I create a project wherein I develop the core functionality of an emulator and you want it to be handed to you with no work, so you can do whatever with it (probably make $$). I ask that people contribute packets to a PUBLIC wiki where anyone who wants to write an emulator can freely get all the information they need, and you bitch and whine and complain about it.

Anything contributed publicly will remain public. That work is not benefiting just me, it's benefiting the entire community, and that includes anyone else who's making an emulator. You are incredibly short sighted and ignorant.

I'd suggest that a mod remove your posts because they're OT and nothing but flame and bashing attempts. If you don't like it, you can quite literally go fuck yourself, I've done nothing but give to this community, so go eat shit and die.
Yap :P I knew it!
Old 05/14/2010, 17:07   #21

Parsing packets and publicly posting informationz isn't gonna hurt anybody duh .

Plus, I back up my DB, so no crashes. But cls still likes men and derps to mudkipz so he won't help.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/14/2010, 17:09   #22

Received Thanks: 1,886
Quote:
Get a life
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/14/2010, 18:21   #23

jmerlin , you should make a thread on how to corectly sniff packets , and upload it to you're wiki , i mean sniff packets you're way or watever , kinda like a tutorial on how to

iam sure people will help you, at least i would , got a lot of free time , and pretty bored atm, so if i could help , its no problem , i don't care if you keep you're emu for you're self , i wouldn't even have pc to host a server so its best to play on someones else, so just post a how to thread , and let's start working !
Old 05/14/2010, 19:11   #24

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,700
Come on everybody, calm down.
It's a nice idea jmerlin, hope this will have some great success.
About sea emu.
Sea Emu wasn't bad, it has been pretty advanced, so i have to admit that i liked it, although some missing stuff was really disturbing me...
I think you should stop complaining about other people's project, because at least they're trying to provide something.
Even pax's work was honorable, he did a lot for improving the emulator level, although he requested money for it.

so every project may have it's pros and cons, but just be kind enough to respect other ppls work.
Old 05/14/2010, 20:32   #25

Received Thanks: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Soul View Post
jmerlin , you should make a thread on how to corectly sniff packets , and upload it to you're wiki , i mean sniff packets you're way or watever , kinda like a tutorial on how to

iam sure people will help you, at least i would , got a lot of free time , and pretty bored atm, so if i could help , its no problem , i don't care if you keep you're emu for you're self , i wouldn't even have pc to host a server so its best to play on someones else, so just post a how to thread , and let's start working !
I cannot remember him sniffing any packets or reversing them, just gets other people to do it, as in his words if I remember "Sniffing is like cleaning out sperm tank".

He just needs packets to finish his new private emulator he has been working on, which he has only done the base to and has been begging other developers for their packets, as he cant be arsed to do it himself, as it requires to much 'work', so this thread was option 2 I guess.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/14/2010, 20:37   #26

@ Above :

Amen!
Old 05/14/2010, 20:46   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post
I cannot remember him sniffing any packets or reversing them, just gets other people to do it, as in his words if I remember "Sniffing is like cleaning out sperm tank".

He just needs packets to finish his new private emulator he has been working on, which he has only done the base to and has been begging other developers for their packets, as he cant be arsed to do it himself, as it requires to much 'work', so this thread was option 2 I guess.
i don't care if he is useing us, if thats wat you're saying there, its for the greater good i guess and i would like to be a part of it

even esro could get some packets from there , its public it can help evryone , you guys should support him, i do but i still need on a tutorial at least,from him , on how to sniff packets , not only me ,the others aswell , people are willing to help if they know how !

i'm still waiting for jmerlin , and hist how to things
I see jmerlin as a good and working person with huge potential , i know him since sremu.org ..

He can't make it on his own , he needs our support , the community's support so let's help him ,to help our self!

PS: my english kinda sux xD sorry
Old 05/14/2010, 20:47   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post

I've sniffed packets and I've reversed packets, I just don't care to do it.

Someone cleans septic systems. Could you do that? Sure, you probably could. Do you really want to do it? Unlikely.

It just so happens that some people enjoy reversing packets, so why not let them do it rather than take all the fun from them? I could sit here and reverse every packet and publicly document them all but what fun is that?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/14/2010, 20:47   #29

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,700
what should esro want with isro packets?
ksro has afaik different packet structures. and totally different opcodes, and way more anyways
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/14/2010, 20:50   #30

Received Thanks: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by jM3 View Post
I've sniffed packets and I've reversed packets, I just don't care to do it.

Someone cleans septic systems. Could you do that? Sure, you probably could. Do you really want to do it? Unlikely.

It just so happens that some people enjoy reversing packets, so why not let them do it rather than take all the fun from them? I could sit here and reverse every packet and publicly document them all but what fun is that?
I agree. There's no fun in sniffing and reversing every single packet. LOL
But hey. Like they say: "No pain, no game"
Thanks
1 User