Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Poll]New Subsection : SRO Coding Corner

Discussion on [Poll]New Subsection : SRO Coding Corner within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Opening the Subsection?
Yes 226 88.63%
No 29 11.37%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,700
[Poll]New Subsection : SRO Coding Corner

Good Evening Dear Community,

since Silkroad is a game with tons of coders and currently suffers a lack of support for our coders in here, I got the Idea of opening a subsection for the coders out there.
No matter how experienced you are, you can even ask the most simple questions, you should just be focusing on Silkroad Projects.
With this project, I'm hoping to revive the SRO related Coding in this forum.
If the results are positive , Lowfyr is going to do it, otherwise not.
I don't know what you think about it, but i think it would bring lots of advantages to the Silkroad Scene.

Thx for your vote,

Yo123
Thanks
10 Users
Old 09/30/2010, 23:37   #2

elite*gold: 0
yes
Old 09/30/2010, 23:43   #3

Received Thanks: 2,823
Obviously YES.
Really good idea,I'm suprised that it wasn't done before ^^
Old 10/01/2010, 00:30   #4

I agree with yes. Although you should make it a private section to proven coders, where they arent interupted by spam, and then once they have something done they could post it in an open section
Old 10/01/2010, 00:44   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentgunner View Post
I agree with yes. Although you should make it a private section to proven coders, where they arent interupted by spam, and then once they have something done they could post it in an open section
we got the sro underground therefore, but invi barely let's anyone in :P
this section is more considered as a section where people can actually learn something.
Old 10/01/2010, 00:54   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
I do not think this is a good idea, we all know, HOW the section will end up. Silkroad Emulator sources and noobs asking silly questions etc etc. I think the underground is good way it is, but it needs to be more expansive and allow more programmers into it, espicially ones that want to learn, if they do not contribute they are removed, needs to be well modded.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/01/2010, 01:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post
I do not think this is a good idea, we all know, HOW the section will end up. Silkroad Emulator sources and noobs asking silly questions etc etc. I think the underground is good way it is, but it needs to be more expansive and allow more programmers into it, espicially ones that want to learn, if they do not contribute they are removed, needs to be well modded.
i think everyone knows that the part about the underground will not happen.
and i think with a good eye on that new subsection it could be working out
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/01/2010, 01:17   #8

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 5,228
I voted yes, but agreeing with Eckoro.

It needs to be well moderated and "restricted" to trusted coders and members who are motivated to learn coding and not to annoying members, asking non sro-coding related questions and contributing to the section with useless sourcecodes and stuffs.

The future of this subsection is all in moderators hands.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/01/2010, 07:06   #9

Received Thanks: 1,517
Yes.
Although I don't think it will become very popular.
Old 10/01/2010, 11:57   #10

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
The Silkroad section does have some experienced coders, some amateurs, and those that want to start out but aren't all that sure where to start.
I think the section may help the ones that are just starting out, but i don't think the rest will use the section as help since the amount of posts (how do i make a multi client, clientless tool) etc.
Experienced coders will avoid the section due to this nature, it would not become an advanced coders section, in my opinion.

I'm neutral on this, for now.
Old 10/01/2010, 12:46   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneofgod View Post
The Silkroad section does have some experienced coders, some amateurs, and those that want to start out but aren't all that sure where to start.
I think the section may help the ones that are just starting out, but i don't think the rest will use the section as help since the amount of posts (how do i make a multi client, clientless tool) etc.
Experienced coders will avoid the section due to this nature, it would not become an advanced coders section, in my opinion.

I'm neutral on this, for now.
I'd take of the section, so those problems you mentioned may not occur.
I'd rather spend my time creating a few tutorials and answering questions about it, than just taking care of a hundred more or less needed requests!
If questions do appear, people could just use the existing threads instead of creating new ones, which is going to ease our work a lot!
All in all I do think, that we do have nothing left to lose, if it fails we could just remove that section, but still in my opinion it will be a huge advantage for all those who are into the coding scene, or want to be a part of it.
And Hey, maybe the experienced coders start some interesting topics as well!
So this might be the "Beginner's Underground"
Old 10/01/2010, 13:51   #12

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717
+1
I would agree to this.
It should be a Subtopic like the "Foreign SRO Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits"-Topic, only without the [no questions]
Old 10/01/2010, 15:01   #13

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,635
yes
Old 10/01/2010, 15:33   #14

ofc yes ^_^
Old 10/01/2010, 16:13   #15

elite*gold: 19
Received Thanks: 1,800
i vote yes, sounds good =P
Closed Thread