Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Brand new server!

Discussion on Brand new server! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Brand new server!

Hi there! So im about to start a SRO private server. NON DONATE ( Makes it fair for all)
But first of all im curious if anyone even wanna play a non donate server? If so, i have to ask.
What Degree do you guys want?
What system, also also what gap? Im open for suggestions. Updates will come
Old 01/03/2019, 22:42   #2

I think the most server try to find a solution for the SOX problem to keep players on the server once they have collected their final gears and rule the server until it is dead by bored people leaving.

I would like to see
- a cap80 server (good old times yeah!)
- CH only!
- low EXP rates x5 to x8 (cap80 doesn't need high EXP)
- Auto equip to attract the server for the lazy ones but normal gear +3 with 40% blue
- silk/h
- any kind of coins removed
- removed alchemy drops
- stone drops only
- IP limit ~ 4
- drop astral and imortal with low rates on mobs OR as reward for trades
- all SOX dropped by Monster with ISRO rates (read below why)
- Item mall drops on Uniques
- max plus 10
- disable adv. elix

And now, to solve the SOX issue with long term players:
- all SOM and SOSUN drop have a durability of i.e. 1500% or 5000% or whatever but most important is to make them worth enough to hunt them but they need to be temporarily to keep the final gear hunt alive.

I have not seen a server with this kind of end game but I think it might be very interesting to have a recuring work on alchemy and collecting items to be the bling bling king of the server.

All about focus on PLUS and alchemy that never stops
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/04/2019, 09:53   #3

There are enough CH only servers or 80 cap servers
Old 01/05/2019, 20:23   #4

But I want to understand Xi how to be without a donation and what is the return to the owner of the game or will pay money to operate for free for all?

Or did I understand wrong?
Old 01/10/2019, 17:16   #5

Checkout how Pearl did it. They were somewhat successful.
Old 01/12/2019, 04:14   #6

im the guy you need pm later, check this ideas
i dont want to make money just have fun like in the old days

we dont need to program something crazy is to much work . just improve what already the game has like this

unique hunting
current system : they make a mediocre wizzard( full normal item +7) and kill tiger girl from 1 meteor with zerk...
and they even find it funny and is not. it is waiting 20 minutes until it spaws and then kill it in 1 second no strategy no risk no loot soo this is my fix

introducing UNIQUE HUNTING TEAMS
buff all uniques by degrees(some uniques for starter players some for intermediate playersfull nova +7 other ones for harcore playersfull nova +14 80% stats and one for godlike playersfull egy nova +14)
for starters tigergirl lvl 100 big damage low hp so...
you need a tanks, a healers and a damage dealer
you calculate the unique damage so a tank cant hold 2 hits
so the party has to rotate bless spell, the damage dealer has only the time that bless spell is buying to kill the unique because when the bless spell runs out the party is dead
so every one needs to atack to help the damager to make it in time
loot will be "faster upgrade" .
in the current system you leave the bot 1h return see the drops and leave again until you have something to sell or use and this generates an afk server and thats not fun

a faster upgrade is give 2 hours of bot worth in loot so people preffer play by hand(you need it to rotate the bless) insted of bot
for example:
if you leave bot 2 hours you get 1.5 lvls up 200k sps 30m on gold and 2 rares
so is way better kill an unique in 20 minutes and have the same loot than leave 2h bot
and is funnier

you start lvl 100 with som 9d+7 100% stats gear so in parties everyone will be accepted because everyone has the same gear so you unite players dont divide them
there are some things that need more explaining but i first whant to see if you are interesed
Old 01/12/2019, 19:02   #7

make it working on c-sro file cap 125 or 130 F2P and maybe instant lvl 100 after that we should lvl up but high rate exp as theres no bot working
Old 01/13/2019, 19:20   #8

Are there any private servers around anymore that dont skip past collecting elements to make stones, and dont rush everyone to max cap? A server where we can actually play from lvl 1, gets sox drops at all levels? have pvp & guild wars at various levels. Basically is there any pserver where we dont skip to the end right away and only worry about jobbing? o_0
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/14/2019, 15:03   #9

Old 01/14/2019, 21:39   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisklarborg View Post
Hi there! So im about to start a SRO private server. NON DONATE ( Makes it fair for all)
But first of all im curious if anyone even wanna play a non donate server? If so, i have to ask.
What Degree do you guys want?
What system, also also what gap? Im open for suggestions. Updates will come
I can sponsor the root server 16 core and 128gb ram for that project
Old 01/23/2019, 16:46   #11

In my opinion, only a private server with low rates (2x - 3x) can work well. High rates server are really boring, you get some days to reach the maximum level and after another week or maybe two you have the best Stuff and quit. There are only high rates to give the owner max. profit in short time, by people who donats to be the best.

There should be a server with start cap ~90, that could get adjusted to a higher cap.

The donation system is the worst thing, i ever saw. Of course the owner need some cash to cover his costs and motivate him to work for updates. But if you are able to buy 500 Silks for ~10 €, there will be ever the same problem called pay2win. Maybe it will be better to take a abo, like 5 € per month. No owner will do it for nothing, that should be clear.

Also ther should be no start SP, Silk per h (1s /h is enough) and you shouldn`t get start equip. All those factors otherwsie accelerate the maximum level and the result: bored people will leave and server closed - it is always the same.

I don`t know why there is nobody, see the potential of such a idea. There are still so much ppl, who would like to play SRO. The right team with serious intentions could earn a lot of money by long-term. Much more smarter then getting some money for 1-2 week, I think.
Thanks
1 User