Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 10:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Why are we still wasting time with Pservers?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why are we still wasting time with Pservers?

Just came here 1 year later and I checked my previous comments I made on several private servers last year. These are both most played and lesser played servers of that time. They are all gone. None of them are alive today. I went into one of the developers' profile and saw that he created 6 private servers in 3 years! What I asked myself is that why people are still giving chance to private servers in Silkroad Online and wasting their time for absolutely nothing. They are obviously not working and will never work.

Why don't you play in official servers?

Old   #2

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,347
Cuz official = pay 500$++++ or you're useless and in pservers you can actually play for ur ****.

Plus people just play for fun with friends / competetive vibe but they get bored after 1-3 months, resulting in people leaving a certain server which causes the server to die out. Then people take a break and they feel the sro vibes again and they want to play a server again -> Server owner plays on this feeling

Thanks
5 Users
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
Cuz official = pay 500$++++ or you're useless and in pservers you can actually play for ur ****.

Plus people just play for fun with friends / competetive vibe but they get bored after 1-3 months, resulting in people leaving a certain server which causes the server to die out. Then people take a break and they feel the sro vibes again and they want to play a server again -> Server owner plays on this feeling
I don't see much people taking a break. They just go to another server every 1-3 months.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4
CheeseBurger !!

elite*gold: 1751
Received Thanks: 3,009
Nostalgia should be your answer.

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #5

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
I don't see much people taking a break. They just go to another server every 1-3 months.
Be involved in the playerbase by being part of it and you'll notice it way more.
Old   #6

Players are what cause a server to stay alive or die out, so it's not always the owners' fault.
Old   #7

Players have turned to ****. All who remain now are 16-18 y/o kids who jump from server to server every few months and donate even before the server is open lol. How is one supposed to keep one's server alive and relevant when everyone leaves after a short while? It's no wonder that there hasn't been any large server that lasted for years. Also most server owners are egotistical ****** who wouldn't collaborate with others to make stuff happen.
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #8

Received Thanks: 3,612
Simple answer: I don't still waste time with servers. That way, you save time, and hassle!
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #9

becouse the official server Pay to play need more than 1000$ to come the king of server and need more time to be good so we play private
Old   #10

Why do people even care about public pServers? Create your own and enjoy the game, whenever you want!
Without a bot, obviously.
Old   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 5,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Why do people even care about public pServers? Create your own and enjoy the game, whenever you want!
I do agree one can have fun alone but MMO's are not to have fun alone. Sure, you can set up your own server and play alone, but it wont be long until you reach a point where you say "man, I wish someone else played along me"
Old   #12

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Thats one of the best ways to enjoy a pServer.
The best servers IMHO are servers who are using an invite system.
Players are only able to invite friends. These servers usually have a small amount of players. But at least people are acutally playing there. Not just botting 24/7 like on 99,99% of all other servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannicus~ View Post
Players are what cause a server to stay alive or die out, so it's not always the owners' fault.
Clearly not. At the end it is always the admin/host/team who make the decisions. And if these decisions are stupid the server will fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbalancedroad View Post
Just came here 1 year later and I checked my previous comments I made on several private servers last year. These are both most played and lesser played servers of that time. They are all gone. None of them are alive today. I went into one of the developers' profile and saw that he created 6 private servers in 3 years! What I asked myself is that why people are still giving chance to private servers in Silkroad Online and wasting their time for absolutely nothing. They are obviously not working and will never work.

Why don't you play in official servers?
At the end it does not matter where you play.
Official servers are stupid as f*ck with the whole Pay2Win shit.
And public pServer are not better. Best thing you can do is finding a pServer thats not open to the public. Playing there usually makes fun. Although these servers can fail aswell. But the reason behind this usually are the costs. Not a stupid admin who decides to close a server just to reopen it with another name two days later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
Nostalgia should be your answer.
Nostalgia? There really is no pServer that has anything to do with "nostalgia".
There really is no pServer who is able to bring back that feeling. Of course there are lots of pServers that claim to be "oldschool". But even these servers are far, far away from being oldschool. They either have some stupid arenas, "Auto Events", modified rates, crippled alchemy, new job system, modified stack-capabilities, modified uniques (Titan, modified level, spawn locations) and all that shit.
Everyone who feels "nostalgic" when he/she sees something like that never played SRO during the good old days. Probably not even in 2008/2009 when everything started to fail.

Just take a look at EPVPs advertising section. All these servers are a joke. They are an insult to everyone who really wants an "oldschool" feeling.

These stupid servers advertise oldschool feeling while they are promoting Pikachu, Charmander and uniques as a fcking pet. Something like that makes me (any many other players) sick.

I do not even see any sense behind all these PVP-Servers. PVP in SRO never was good. For chinese chars it has always been a Pot-Fight when players have a similar set (which is always the case on PVP Servers because they give away Sun+15 for free). And for Euro chars the only thing that counts are crits.

Silkroad has always been a game where the "atmosphere" was an essential part of the gameplay.
But Joymax ruined it. They removed one of the stand-out features (Trade-Hunter-Thief-Job System) and replaced it with that stupid bullshit we got now.
They added that stupid token System to stop corporate-goldbotting but in the same moment they removed every opportunity to earn gold while being a low-bob. Don't you know that feeling when you were level 19 and got a fcking Elixir drop that gave you 20k or makes your weapon glowing? Don't you remember the feeling when you got a DG 3 SOX Glaivie? Don't you remember the moment when you got to level 20 and finally had enough money to create a guild with your friends? Don't you remember the moment you went to Karakoram the first time? Never missed feeling when the Eastern Europe, Field, Jangan music or Karakoram Music started playing? These moments where one of the best moments I had. But they are all gone. And not a single server that exists now is able to deliver that experience.

Thanks
7 Users
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Don't you know that feeling when you were level 19 and got a fcking Elixir drop that gave you 20k or makes your weapon glowing? Don't you remember the feeling when you got a DG 3 SOX Glaivie? Don't you remember the moment when you got to level 20 and finally had enough money to create a guild with your friends? Don't you remember the moment you went to Karakoram the first time? Never missed feeling when the Eastern Europe, Field, Jangan music or Karakoram Music started playing? These moments where one of the best moments I had. But they are all gone. And not a single server that exists now is able to deliver that experience.
Especially the moments, where you were a newcomer to the game, had to learn everything and had no clue about the NPC and Mob variety ... getting to the young and regular Tigers, farming on them, using potions if not being too greedy and sitting down with friends to recover instead of healing via potion, having specced on STR-hybrid, while fully focusing on the force tree, getting killed the first time by a "Thief", which was a mob type of enemy and not a player and started to swear at that one! "F**KING THIEF NO PVP!!"
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #14

SRO became a mysterious philosophical question, lel.