Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 13:46

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


Daziunda started to close the hosts!!

Reply
 
Old 03/06/2018, 17:54   #31
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 561
Received Thanks: 148
What about energy costs?



qqdev is offline  
Old 03/07/2018, 21:03   #32


 
elite*gold: 102
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,593
Received Thanks: 2,016
Daziunda started to take actions on YouTube now aswell. I would suggest to not upload sro related videos to be on the safe side.


.Xen is offline  
Old 03/07/2018, 22:21   #33
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,193
Received Thanks: 530
Kinda 95% p-servers deserve to be reported/closed, I'm really thankfull to those who are doing this, keep up the thing.
Why?
- Simply, mostly of them are just doing reborns to make some money and close servers, and screw our wasted time & money, and coming later on with lame excuses.

#YouDon'tDeserveBetterGetClosed, kthanksbai
Katara* is offline  
Old 03/08/2018, 04:25   #34
Chat Killer In Duty

 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,436
Received Thanks: 5,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Xen View Post
Daziunda started to take actions on YouTube now aswell. I would suggest to not upload sro related videos to be on the safe side.
videos on youtube may be disputed but contacting youtube will solve it

also, youtube does not take down servers due to copyright if they already restored the, so Daziunda will get rekt on that side


can you link me to a video that got closed by them? I really want to see that case


PortalDark is offline  
Old 03/08/2018, 07:12   #35


 
elite*gold: 102
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,593
Received Thanks: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
videos on youtube may be disputed but contacting youtube will solve it

also, youtube does not take down servers due to copyright if they already restored the, so Daziunda will get rekt on that side


can you link me to a video that got closed by them? I really want to see that case
My channel got deleted completely, w1nt0rs channel has been banned aswell.

As far as I know, w1nt0r had licensed music so did I. It had to been deleted by someone with higher priorities then a normal user report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
videos on youtube may be disputed but contacting youtube will solve it

also, youtube does not take down servers due to copyright if they already restored the, so Daziunda will get rekt on that side


can you link me to a video that got closed by them? I really want to see that case
#added: Also contacting YouTube regarding deletion of channel is simply impossible. They provide reporting if a video got deleted but its hard aswell, and they wont give a shit these days.. I mean they used to warn u, now they just delete as they like.
.Xen is offline  
Old 03/08/2018, 10:50   #36
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Received Thanks: 68


link to wiNt's channel


link to one of wiNt's videos
xaron123 is offline  
Old 03/08/2018, 11:56   #37
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 411
Received Thanks: 171
Such a shame to see all of those great videos gone. I really hope he has backups.
rares495 is offline  
Old 03/16/2018, 23:13   #38
 
elite*gold: 106
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,595
Received Thanks: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
Although I sure as hell agree that the more you pay the stronger you get, and that the people that are strong pay a lot to jcplanet/joymax. I disagree that they WASTE the money. For example I have probably top 5-10 char in Hestia and I didn't really waste much at all considering I sell gold for $. In the end I'll either make a decent profit or I'll play dead even.
In theory every cent you invest in a dead game (which SRO clearly is) is a waste of money. Even if you sell ingame gold to reinvest it ingame. Why not using this cash to buy some other stuff in RL. Why reinvesting it in a dead game. Besides that you should also include your electricity costs for your PC in that calculation. Of course I get it that spending money in a game is nothing really bad. At least until a certain point. There are a lot of people out there (not only in SRO) who absolutely lost control over their "shopping behavior".
Maybe I should give you an example.
Back in the days when JCP released Cap 100 on Aeolus we had 2 or 3 +15 weapons on the server. Some other players always tried to get +15 aswell. Thanks to the notification system you were able to see when they fcked up (yea they were pimping really often). Sooner or later some other players were able to get a high plus on their weapon (~>+12). But at one point a guy called "Yata" went into the alchemy game without wasting more than 10$. At that point he really was more like a noname on the server. But he was the first guy who was able to get his weapon to +16. You do not believe how people freaked out. The dude who spend a ton of money on his +15 weapons also tried +16 a few days later. Of course he failed both weapons. But Yata was not finished here. He was able to get his weapon to +18 and if I remember right he also managed to get his spear to +19 without any alchemy event going on. Later he got +20 if I am right thanks to an alchemy event. But as I mentioned earlier. People really freaked about because he was so lucky. Especially because these people, who got angry, spend really much money to get to +12 or stuff like that. Guess what. The other people thought it was a challenge and started plussing the hell out of their weapons. Of course without any success.
I still remember one dude on the server who already spend tons of money to effort DG 10 weapon elixirs while Aeolus had Cap 90. He was always plussing his stuff. He always bought our DG 10 weapon elixirs for 50m - 80m gold per unit. I really do not want to know how much money this dude spend in order to get that much gold. He always sold revers and globals in order to get that gold.
Maybe a last example: What will happen a few weeks after Joymax starts an alchemy event? Yes. A new cap where the old weapons become useless and worthless. But guess what. People still do not see that behaviour. Even "normal" players throw their money out of the window just to get a +10 or +12 weapon. Shortly after Joymax/JCP announce a new cap and most people think: "great. I wasted my money on a +12 weapon which is useless in 3 days".

And here you have your perfect examples. In all three cases people were not able to see the "point of no return". All of them throw out their money for nothing. And thats what I call "wasting money". I does not matter if these player lose money or if they were able to compensate it with gold sales or stuff like that. Even if they are millionaires or billionaires they wasted their money. Simply because they got nothing out of it. Thats the point.

And there are tons of other ways to do the same. "Yea lets use all of my ATK/DEF/HP/MP Scrolls at FTW, I will kill all of them!!!". Fortress War starts and the attackers starting to notice that it does not make any sense to continue attacking the Fortress against all the P2W-players. Shortly after they leave and the guy who just spend money on the scrolls is standing there without any opponent and the timer on his scrolls is running down. Great investment!

I could continue listing some other "money-wasting-methods" in SRO. But I am not in the mood for that. The text is long enough by now.

__________

I was wondering if they were done fighting against the pServers. Have not heard about any closing for a few weeks now. But I am surprised to hear that they are fighting against YouTube channels now. So much to the point that "they are not able to take down videos" (We had the discussion in another thread a while ago where people would not believe that the publisher is allowed to take videos of their game offline).
fenster3000 is online now  
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/17/2018, 00:21   #39
 
elite*gold: 106
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,595
Received Thanks: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
So what you say is that using €0 of your own money, but having money invested in the game by selling gold is a waste? Our opinions differ then
Someone has to pay your electricity bill. 24/7 botting costs money.
Thats one point where you lose cash.
And yes. IMHO it is a waste since there are much better ways to invest your money in. But thats not my business.

Besides that I do not really believe that you are able to sell that much gold which allows you to effort VIP Plat/VIP VIP and all the other stuff every month.
We are talking about >500€ every single month if you want VIP Platinum (which is needed if you want to be one of the best).

Just a small overview:
Premium Plus: 290 Silk = 29€
Astral/Immortal: 20 - 40 Silk = 1€ - 2€ per unit (at least 18 stones if everything is going to +15 first try)
Wheel of Fortune: 100 Silk/10 units = 10€ (how much you need depents your luck)
Wheel of Fate: 50 Silk/10 units = 5€ (how much you need depents your luck)
Devil Spirit S: Requires (Premium) Magic Pop Cards (10 - 25 Silk per unite; also depents on luck).
Pickpet-Clock/DS-Clock = 50 Silk each = 5€
VIP INT/STR Scrolls: 30 Silk = 3€ each
HP/MP + 200: 25 Silk = 2,50€/11 units

As soon as DG 12 will be out the alchemy expenditures will reach a new level anyway.


According to my experience this are uasually the expenditures every player has if he wants to be one of the top players on a server. Sure it does not look that much. But do not forget that the whole alchemy Bullshit is totally random. With bad RNG (which will be the case most of the time) you will easily need to spend 500€. Of course you can argue that the equipment is a "one time investment". But in reality this is not the case. As soon as another player gets a better plus on his set players will usually start plussing again (look at my example in my other post). And then everything starts again. Besides that Jomax/JCP are going to release a new cap when they notice that people do not buy that much alchemy items anymore.
fenster3000 is online now  
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/17/2018, 09:24   #40
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 135
Received Thanks: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
Such a shame to see all of those great videos gone. I really hope he has backups.
Basically...
w1nt0r is offline  
Old 03/17/2018, 11:28   #41
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 262
Received Thanks: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
In theory every cent you invest in a dead game (which SRO clearly is) is a waste of money. Even if you sell ingame gold to reinvest it ingame. Why not using this cash to buy some other stuff in RL. Why reinvesting it in a dead game. Besides that you should also include your electricity costs for your PC in that calculation. Of course I get it that spending money in a game is nothing really bad. At least until a certain point. There are a lot of people out there (not only in SRO) who absolutely lost control over their "shopping behavior".
Maybe I should give you an example.
Back in the days when JCP released Cap 100 on Aeolus we had 2 or 3 +15 weapons on the server. Some other players always tried to get +15 aswell. Thanks to the notification system you were able to see when they fcked up (yea they were pimping really often). Sooner or later some other players were able to get a high plus on their weapon (~>+12). But at one point a guy called "Yata" went into the alchemy game without wasting more than 10$. At that point he really was more like a noname on the server. But he was the first guy who was able to get his weapon to +16. You do not believe how people freaked out. The dude who spend a ton of money on his +15 weapons also tried +16 a few days later. Of course he failed both weapons. But Yata was not finished here. He was able to get his weapon to +18 and if I remember right he also managed to get his spear to +19 without any alchemy event going on. Later he got +20 if I am right thanks to an alchemy event. But as I mentioned earlier. People really freaked about because he was so lucky. Especially because these people, who got angry, spend really much money to get to +12 or stuff like that. Guess what. The other people thought it was a challenge and started plussing the hell out of their weapons. Of course without any success.
I still remember one dude on the server who already spend tons of money to effort DG 10 weapon elixirs while Aeolus had Cap 90. He was always plussing his stuff. He always bought our DG 10 weapon elixirs for 50m - 80m gold per unit. I really do not want to know how much money this dude spend in order to get that much gold. He always sold revers and globals in order to get that gold.
Maybe a last example: What will happen a few weeks after Joymax starts an alchemy event? Yes. A new cap where the old weapons become useless and worthless. But guess what. People still do not see that behaviour. Even "normal" players throw their money out of the window just to get a +10 or +12 weapon. Shortly after Joymax/JCP announce a new cap and most people think: "great. I wasted my money on a +12 weapon which is useless in 3 days".

And here you have your perfect examples. In all three cases people were not able to see the "point of no return". All of them throw out their money for nothing. And thats what I call "wasting money". I does not matter if these player lose money or if they were able to compensate it with gold sales or stuff like that. Even if they are millionaires or billionaires they wasted their money. Simply because they got nothing out of it. Thats the point.

And there are tons of other ways to do the same. "Yea lets use all of my ATK/DEF/HP/MP Scrolls at FTW, I will kill all of them!!!". Fortress War starts and the attackers starting to notice that it does not make any sense to continue attacking the Fortress against all the P2W-players. Shortly after they leave and the guy who just spend money on the scrolls is standing there without any opponent and the timer on his scrolls is running down. Great investment!

I could continue listing some other "money-wasting-methods" in SRO. But I am not in the mood for that. The text is long enough by now.

__________

I was wondering if they were done fighting against the pServers. Have not heard about any closing for a few weeks now. But I am surprised to hear that they are fighting against YouTube channels now. So much to the point that "they are not able to take down videos" (We had the discussion in another thread a while ago where people would not believe that the publisher is allowed to take videos of their game offline).

This is so true ! I enjoy reading that, you speak the truth without sugarcoating it. You deserve more thanks and I was sad to see the wall of text was short.

I know this is not related, but let's take, for example the game Jade Dynasty.

NoIdeaForAName is offline  
Old 03/18/2018, 11:10   #42
 
elite*gold: 106
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,595
Received Thanks: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
IMHO it is just sad. On the one hand you are trying to defend your spending sprees. But on the other hand you are kind enough to show to the world how JM/JCP "earning their money".
I mean yea. It is your money and you are allowed to do what ever you want.
But dude. 600+$...IMHO this is not normal. I mean it is great for you if you always sell enough gold to refinance your hobby. But dude 600+$ for a 13 year old game. This a a crazy amount of money. But sure. I know people who spent more than 1000$ into the game. Comparing to that your amount looks pretty small. I am also not really sure if you really mentioned everything in your calculation. Especially you have not mentioned the costs you are investing for alchemy and stuff (or maybe I have overseen it?). Fixed costs are never that much of a deal comparing to variable costs. But I do not even want to know it. So it is fine.

Let's assume you are right and you really are one of the few people who spend a whole lot of money and still does not make a loss at the end of the month. Whats with all the other guys who purchase your gold? It does not look like they make a whole lot of gold to sell it. Otherwise they would not buy your gold. Whats with the guys who spend even more money into the game? Do they also sell enough gold to refinance their hobby? Who are those people who spend that much money on gold? There are obviously a lot of players who need to sell gold in order get real life money back. Do people even buy gold in these days? Have not heard of anyone buying gold when I was playing on Aeolus. All of them sold silk items in order to get gold.

Whats your plan with the inflation. Now you are selling 100m for 10$. But the time will come where you have to sell 500m to get 10$. Will you stop playing in that case? Or will you connect even more chars to the server in order to get even more gold per day (= Servers are getting even more crowded = More Cash for JM/JCP)?

The only two "people" in the chain who benefit from these people, who spend that much money ingame are Joymax and JCP. Neither people who spend hunderets/thousands of dollars nor the "normal" players have any benifit from these circumstances.

And yea. I still think you (and all the other players who are doing the same) are wasting their money. But if you are fine spending >600$ in a game it is fine.
fenster3000 is online now  
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/19/2018, 05:45   #43
 
elite*gold: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,524
Received Thanks: 1,240
Since when do you ******* care what someone does with their money? For all he cares, mighty outlewd can buy drugs and hoes on top of what he spends on what he finds fun for him.
WickedNite. is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/19/2018, 10:39   #44
 
elite*gold: 106
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,595
Received Thanks: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
Since when do you fucking care what someone does with their money? For all he cares, mighty outlewd can buy drugs and hoes on top of what he spends on what he finds fun for him.
I do not really care what a single person does with his money.
But there is no doubt about that people who spend that much money in SRO are one of the biggest reason why Joymax/JCP never changed anything. At the end they made everything even worse with adding that stupid P2W-Shit like >DG 12, Devil Spirit S, VIP and so one. And thats the point where I care (and where everything else should care). At least if you really like the game. Yep, sure I stopped playing SRO back in 2012 and only played on Aeolus for like 6 month. But the game itself is still a part of my childhood. Although it sounds stupid. But thats the reason why I "still care". At least a little bit.

If people simply would stop buying this shit there is a high chance that Joymax would change stuff like that. Maybe they never would have added stuff like that. If you do not believe that games can have an impact on buisness decisions like that take a look at Star Wars Battlefront II. It is the perfect example.
If you are not familiar with that topic:







But one big problem the SRO community always had (and still have) is that they never stood togher in cases like that. There has always been shit going on that kept people from "joing together" to make a change. For example: If a new server opens why not make an agreement between all players that no one buys Silk/Coins or at least no P2W items like wheels, immortal and stuff like that. Sure it would not work with everyone. Simply because there will always be some people who need to show how big their virtual balls are.

In the end everyone would profit from something like that. Nowadays people have to write globals in order to find someone for PVP. Even stuff like fortress war is boring as fuck.
And one of the biggest reasons here is the P2W stuff. If you see someone who has a VIP Gold, Platinum or VIP VIP badget you know right away that it is not worth attacking him or doing PVP with him because he would win all the time. Whats happen while Fortress War in these cases: Players would teleport outside to try another teleporter in order to get into the fortress.
In the beginning something like that is funny for the person who would win all the time. But the point in time will come where no one wants to do PVP and stuff. Isn't it awesome if a guild holds Hotan Fortress for months because no one gives a fuck because they know they do not have a chance? Where is the fun? Sure the guild who owns the fortress will get gold all the time. But SRO is still a game that is meant to be played.

Edit: I forgot to mention something. There was one moment in the history of Silkroad where people stood together. And that was last year when Joymax thought they should start banning all bots. Guess what happened. Players got banned and spammed their support. The servers where empty as fuck because no one was able to connect 1000 characters (Fun fact: Servers would probably look like that all the time if players would not connect 1000 chars in order to farm gold). And most importantly: No one bought silk during that period. But a few weeks later Joymax changed everything again. And JCPlanet officially allowed players to use bots on their servers.


And guess what. They do not even bann clientless bots.


#FullOfftopic
fenster3000 is online now  
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/19/2018, 14:48   #45
 
elite*gold: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,524
Received Thanks: 1,240
Tl;dr

You care what others do with NOT your money.All that a company has to think is "why fix if it aint broken" aka their income.


WickedNite. is offline  
Reply



« D8 or D9 pserver? | Trojans everywhere - infected server files »

Similar Threads
Daziunda (Joymax) Taking Down Private Servers Facebook Pages
02/01/2018 - SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions - 121 Replies
Hello Silkroad Community, Today I was logging in to check one the Facebook pages that I manage for a Silkroad Private Server and surprisingly it got a strike and it got taken off even though it had more than 10k followers and likes. I've been in...
Close close
03/15/2014 - Trading - 0 Replies
close :)
//CLOSE //CLOSE //CLOSE //CLOSE //CLOSE //CLOSE
10/27/2013 - elite*gold Trading - 1 Replies
//ERSTMAL CLOSED!



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:46.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.