Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PayPal Losted :S

Discussion on PayPal Losted :S within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 01/18/2018, 14:48   #16

elite*gold: 35
Hello, It seems like joymax finally started fighting back, It's about time. And what i really like is, They know how to hit this greedy ridiculous community, Right in the wallet.
You can fight back and probably get your account back, If you managed to prove that you are NOT selling. And your money is all about donations.
Old 01/18/2018, 15:08   #17

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
You can not prove something that is not the case. Replacing the "buy silk" button with "donation" does not mean that this really is a donation. Simply because you get a compensation.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/18/2018, 16:47   #18

elite*gold: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1Q View Post
private dedicated has ISP
ISP is a company that provides internet
call ISP send them the IP
no more internet connection

they still cant have control over your dedicated even if it's hosted on OVH or some other company
they will terminate the server but your data will not be lost until this issue is settled (i've dealt with copyright issues before)

"everyone's effort" of stealing and or editing files that does not belong to them while thinking "oh joymax aren't doing anything so no legal action will be taken in the future let me open a new server to milk some money" some of them don't even know what a lawsuit is.

"they will find a gap in the lawsuit" yeah sure bud
they will find a gap in a copyright infringement lawsuit.

when push comes to shove, joymax will hire a few GOOD lawyers(not daizunba obv) to take care of all of their legal stuff and bb ur servers
Read more about torrent sites.
Old 01/19/2018, 13:04   #19

elite*gold: 0
That's why you should:

1. Not use your real name/Identification when registering for a dedicated server/domain/Facebook page.
2. Host your servers in a country that couldn't care less about copyright violations, such as China and Russia. You can host in European countries, but refer to point #1.
3. Use a payment processor like PW and SR instead of receiving money directly on your personal account(s). Some people might think of it as some sort of money laundering for a fee, and they're not wrong.
4. Not use any copyrighted materials related to the game you're trying to host a private server for, such as graphics and/or weapon and skill names on your website.
5. Not host the game client on your servers or your personal Google Drive/cloud server.
6. Set up a DMCA page on your website receiving complaints about copyright infringement, and you'll be the first one to know if they have found something they don't like about your website.
7. Remain Anonymous, and don't let anything connect back to you. Hell, you can even claim to be somebody else from a different country and it will work, I've seen this.

P.S. All the "use the word donation" crap will simply not work, because a donation typically doesn't require getting something in return. So, legally speaking, you're making a purchase no matter how you phrase it on your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ɗoc View Post
You can fight back and probably get your account back, If you managed to prove that you are NOT selling. And your money is all about donations.
You can't prove that. You have an obvious "purchase" page set up, giving people virtual currency in exchange for money. That's NOT donation.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/19/2018, 14:13   #20

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
That's why you should:

1. Not use your real name/Identification when registering for a dedicated server/domain/Facebook page.
2. Host your servers in a country that couldn't care less about copyright violations, such as China and Russia. You can host in European countries, but refer to point #1.
3. Use a payment processor like PW and SR instead of receiving money directly on your personal account(s). Some people might think of it as some sort of money laundering for a fee, and they're not wrong.
a few friends of mine got their superrewards accounts terminated
and i just lost my paypal yesterday :OMEGALUL:

NOTE: paypal will email you instructions on how to receive your money after 6 months (180 days)
Old 01/20/2018, 02:45   #21

not trued

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Thats why I am talking about noob servers. Hosted by idiots who do not even do anything by themself.

Nevertheless everyone should know that hosting a private SRO server is a copyright violation. In other words: There has always been the risk of getting shut down. People should be happy that Joymax only shuts down Facebook pages and Payments. In theory the could sue the shit out of every pServer hoster.
since the moment they sold their files to public is no longer available a law sue i beth this stragedy is to try to recover players to there shity service of scamms and over use Farm botter to make money on the side we all know that out 3000 player in ISRO 2700 WERE FARM BOTTS FROM JOYMAX TO FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY SILK AND USE PREM FCK THEM

Quote:
Hello, It seems like joymax finally started fighting back, It's about time. And what i really like is, They know how to hit this greedy ridiculous community, Right in the wallet.
EASY TO PROVE THAT
Old 01/20/2018, 02:49   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by buso68 View Post
since the moment they sold their files to public
Joymax never "sold" their files to the public.
They got stolen by other people. These people released the files to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buso68 View Post
EASY TO PROVE THAT
You can no prove something that clearly is not the case.
Old 01/20/2018, 03:13   #23

Received Thanks: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Joymax never "sold" their files to the public.
They got stolen by other people. These people released the files to the public.
They did. he means vsro, csro and other versions of silkroad. they got sold by joymax for a fair amount of money and a yearly % of their income.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/20/2018, 04:05   #24

If they are doing this because they are preparing to release the arabian race i will be so glad :LUL:
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/20/2018, 10:53   #25

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 5,306
Quote:
Way too late to fight back honestly.
Old 01/20/2018, 11:41   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhab* View Post
They did. he means vsro, csro and other versions of silkroad. they got sold by joymax for a fair amount of money and a yearly % of their income.
Nope.
Joymax never sold these files. Not even to the hoster of cSRO, vSRO and so on.
Sure these versions are official. These companies always rent the license to use the files and the trademark. Nothing more. Nothing less. Joymax still owns the files and the international trademark of Silkroad. Thats why Joymax can do everything they want with these versions. Remember when Joymax decided to shut down rSRO, because they lost interest in supporting that version? Would not have been possible when the rSRO hoster bought the files.
Besides that Joymax did not allow the foreign-publishers to modify the local versions in any way. I do not know how it is today. But back in the day e.g. cSRO always had EXP/SP events running. Simply because CIMO was not allowed to change the EXP rate in the files. I do not know who they handle this today. Anyway, should be clear what I mean

Thats also the reason why they can switch the local publisher of a SRO version so easily.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/22/2018, 16:37   #27

Received Thanks: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx* View Post
If they are doing this because they are preparing to release the arabian race i will be so glad :LUL:
No way, They have nothing done regarding the Arabian race.
Old 01/22/2018, 16:59   #28

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,428
Quote:
What I might be really interested on is a new skill mechanics and new dungeons, and am not speaking of the current cloned areas that Joymax call them dungeons, because that is what private servers do, not an official game.
Old 01/25/2018, 19:52   #29

Quote:
if it's not the arabian race it's a big update or change.. their stock started to rise since january.. there's an obvious plan made if they start to report private servers.. they could've done it years ago.

why now?
Old 01/25/2018, 20:08   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfortunateevent View Post
if it's not the arabian race it's a big update or change.. their stock started to rise since january.. there's an obvious plan made if they start to report private servers.. they could've done it years ago.

why now?
Because they are desperate? Like always?