Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Daziunda (Joymax) Taking Down Private Servers Facebook Pages

Discussion on Daziunda (Joymax) Taking Down Private Servers Facebook Pages within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 01/13/2018, 11:28   #31

elite*gold: 8
Our Facebook page got shutted down too
Old 01/13/2018, 11:47   #32

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
we will go back to hamachi servers
Old 01/13/2018, 12:36   #33

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,044
Well well..

Okay, this is a problem for everybody now and it's happening way too fast. I am pretty sure every game-owner is worried about his/her page as much as we do because we all invested quite a lot of money for the advertisements for months / years.

Thankfully we have a lawyer guy in our team and he recommended us a few things ''for now''. I will share it with you just so it might help.

1. Delete EVERY POST on your page included such texts :

- joymax
- ****** /> - private ****** /> - private silkroad
- silkroad
- private server

2. Also change your page url / name if it contain the words given above.

3. Unpublish your page. (Settings > General > Unpublish)

This way, you might save your page for now ''IF'' your page has not been reported by that agency yet. You might want to publish it later on.

Please update us with the notifications you get from Facebook if you get your page shut down so we can look into that closer and also help you to save your page.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/13/2018, 13:14   #34

Received Thanks: 1,886
They will just **** off, eventualy . Like JoyMax did ...
Old 01/13/2018, 14:01   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0x! View Post
Well well..

Okay, this is a problem for everybody now and it's happening way too fast. I am pretty sure every game-owner is worried about his/her page as much as I do because we all invested quite a lot of money for advertisements for months / years.

Thankfully we have a lawyer guy in our team and he recommended us a few things ''for now''. I will share it with you just so it might help.

- joymax
- silkroad
- private server

This way, you might save your page for now ''IF'' your page has not been reported by that agency yet. You might want to publish it later on.

Please update us with the notifications you get from Facebook if you get your page shut down so we can look into that closer and also help you to save your page.

i did it and i have my page
Old 01/13/2018, 16:14   #36

elite*gold: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Dejo View Post
i think they can't block all Sites so fast
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2018, 17:16   #37

Old 01/13/2018, 17:20   #38

elite*gold: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0x! View Post
Well well..

Okay, this is a problem for everybody now and it's happening way too fast. I am pretty sure every game-owner is worried about his/her page as much as we do because we all invested quite a lot of money for the advertisements for months / years.

- joymax
- silkroad
- private server

You talked about the texts but you forgot about the pictures that related to sro.

Also I think @ can help us in that, Please tell us Mr.Lawyer, What can we do in this case?
Old 01/13/2018, 17:34   #39
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow* View Post
I doubt that they will file a lawsuit

According to Google 100M WON is 94.4k USD

But, as we all know that JOYMAX greed is unique they might use Daziunda's free services

there's a catch on this

Indie companies meet a certain requirements. For example, Indie devs cannot be associated to big companies. They can work under a large company but only in terms of affiliation, not being part of them

Also, Indie devs identify for their income records, which Joymax obviously has/had. I doubt they are impersonating an indie company because that third party company cannot risk doing free legal stuff for a company that doesnt qualify on their ToS
Old 01/13/2018, 18:01   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Dejo View Post
Sure this won't work.
I was with this all carreful, my server name is New Evolust, this don't has post with that words and i lost it.
Old 01/13/2018, 18:10   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZΞDStorm View Post
You talked about the texts but you forgot about the pictures that related to sro.

Also I think @ can help us in that, Please tell us Mr.Lawyer, What can we do in this case?
In game pictures are related to sro, but they arent subjected to copyright except the pictures which were posted by joymax. Because they were made by the user, not by the company. Thats how it works on videos on youtube and twitch which are monetized content.

EDIT:
FB Pages should be the least problem you all should rather focus on website, and your server hoster.
Old 01/13/2018, 18:20   #42

elite*gold: 118
This is going really fast right now I've heard that people can report any private servers they see around so this can also go even worse. I'm aware of the things like removing the keywords related to Silkroad and private servers in general from the pages or groups but do you think pictures or screenshots won't be a problem too ?. I mean I dont really know how far is this going but are they only going after servers with those common keywords or they are maybe checking the forums out here. And what about the pages that offers certain services, like i've seen pages promoting doing development and editing stuff , and what about Fan Pages ? are they considered a threat to them too ?

Its a lot to think and talk about but nothing is clear till this moment as this Daziunda doesn't look a professional company in any matter.

And what about Website and Hosts ? I know its not that easy as Facebook but yes they could reach to the hosting companies and practically any SRO server is illegal so nothing would happen but that your host will be taken down due to copyright claims.

@ , I see Electus's page is down too , did they take it down or you unpublished it ?
Old 01/13/2018, 18:20   #43

So there trying to wipe out all of the pservers at once, eh?
Old 01/13/2018, 19:08   #44

elite*gold: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZΞDStorm View Post

well , Egypt Local law codes Do not resist since there is no legal papers like **official private servers (With Names, Data inside)**

and you all face Facebook policy like that one youtube got , or any other social media website (Specially Twitter ) .. so just follow Pr0x! Comment and delete any keyword for sro / silkroad / joymax
Old 01/13/2018, 19:20   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
This is going really fast right now I've heard that people can report any private servers they see around so this can also go even worse. I'm aware of the things like removing the keywords related to Silkroad and private servers in general from the pages or groups but do you think pictures or screenshots won't be a problem too ?. I mean I dont really know how far is this going but are they only going after servers with those common keywords or they are maybe checking the forums out here. And what about the pages that offers certain services, like i've seen pages promoting doing development and editing stuff , and what about Fan Pages ? are they considered a threat to them too ?

Its a lot to think and talk about but nothing is clear till this moment as this Daziunda doesn't look a professional company in any matter.

And what about Website and Hosts ? I know its not that easy as Facebook but yes they could reach to the hosting companies and practically any SRO server is illegal so nothing would happen but that your host will be taken down due to copyright claims.

@ , I see Electus's page is down too , did they take it down or you unpublished it ?
Facebook pages can indeed be taken down easily which is probably where they are starting.
Thing is, next would be the server websites and them the servers themselfs but this would be a very hard process since some servers are hosted at companies that do not give a single damn about DMCA complaints. They would have to use the scare tactics like Joymax did in 2014 with the C&D letters/emails, we all know what happened... Nothing.

This company however is moving fast in regards of the social pages. I remember Z8 games doing the same with Crossfire, within 3 days of publishing a page they had it taken down and Zyain page was also once taken down but somehow got reinstated.

So far the biggest pages seem to have vanished like Electus, Emerald etc... However Ruby is still up and Rigid is still too, the thing you see at Ruby is that they aren't using much Silkroad artwork and Rigid does so I wonder if they'll crack that down too.