Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Retail-Like servers?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Retail-Like servers?

I want to experience the old days of retail SRO, Pre eu, 1x (or very low) rates, hopefully no bots allowed, not massive p2w, nice population...?

Any servers like this? Seems like private SRO servers are full of high rates run by fans, no real professional attempts like other games have.

Hopefully theres a server out there for me because i really enjoyed playing SRO even though it was plagued with bots and stuff, if there was a nice low rate server out there with a stable pop that wasn't going to disappear soon i would love to play on it.

All i can find are servers with owners flaming people in topics and high rate servers with only facebook pages, lol.

Old 06/04/2017, 19:25   #2

elite*gold: 0
It is a different story, if you have a pServer where no one else owns the files - you can decide running them on low rates, or having a high massive population of those files, where everyone tries to make a pServer of the modern age, which means, high rates, faster item obtaining, better item chances, more players at the higher caps due to high rates, and so on without paying for every single bit of the actual stuff getting to those content parts. Or the other part, where everyone tries to get max profit while trying to better than other pServer providers.

Dragonica, Silkroad, WoW, Perfect World, Linage 2, Aion - all of them where distributed quite a lot, ergo everyone tries to attract most of the players due to higher and better rates.
Blade&Soul, Eden Eternal, ... on the other hand are quite private, there are less than 5 private hosted servers online, even Eden Eternal has just 1 single pServer. They can and will run on low rates, aiming for profit, people buying stuff at their itemshops and co., just making other things more comfortable to other players (be it whatever the providers or players like, just not too much).

If you personally want an oldschool server experience, try the new official 90's cap server of JoyMax. I have no sources, someone else posted about it. So, you have to go with that or do a research on your own.

« [French] Une coalition SRO-franšaise. | looking for designer to join my team »