Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How do I make sure that psro servers are safe?

Discussion on How do I make sure that psro servers are safe? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How do I make sure that psro servers are safe?

I don't feel safe when I play psro servers ......
All exe / dll files could be injected,infected or f*** packed by trojans or viruses like what Goofie was doing lol .
Please post your useful comments to help all the community .
Old 02/15/2017, 02:59   #2

If your AV keeps alerting you, just don't attempt any further processing, rule No. #1. Btw. do yourself a favor and get Kaspersky internet security 2017.

Screw that "false positive" comment. If people do hide and obfuscate their applications, this doesn't always mean "I am protecting my source code". Chernobyl did this over years, Goofie kept doing the same thing. So what does this teach one? Just don't trust anyone. Period.
Old 02/15/2017, 11:27   #3

elite*gold: 20
as player, you are quite safe I'd say in case of silkroad since noone is modifying the client files that much. As soon as you don't play any ****** new server that closes anyways after 1 week you should be alright.

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk
Old 02/15/2017, 21:46   #4

Easy, you can't. Play in Virtual machine if you're paranoid, like me (VMWare or Virtualbox).
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/16/2017, 23:06   #5

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushipu View Post
Easy, you can't. Play in Virtual machine if you're paranoid, like me (VMWare or Virtualbox).
^Pretty much this for the average user. For some, tracking network, disk amd registry could be an option. A client doesn't need to access directories. A dll should only check a few registers and shouldn't have any kind of outgoing data since it all does through silkroad security. So kinda unless you're familiar with all that there's nothing you can do. AV usually tracks all that for you anyway.