Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Silkroad PServers should do what this guy did

Discussion on Silkroad PServers should do what this guy did within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 01/02/2010, 17:28   #31

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
hmm why do all these threads always end up with flaming with topics not relevant like eSRO. Anyway I think this thread can be closed, since I, foulsoul and hagster were probably the only ones that answered to the subject matter, from these 3 pages.

#report to close
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/07/2010, 21:35   #32

elite*gold: 0
Hello everyone,

a friend of mine just sent me this thread and asked me to explain some things.
first of all: yes it is possible to do the things on other servers like swsro or ecsro if you know how.
most of these things just have to get edited in the database / pk2 files.
it is not necessary to change the server software.

If you want to know why other private server doesnt do that:
- no time
- no experienced team
- dont care about updates

also i could update my emulator to lv 110 skills / mobs etc but i stopped working on it. i dont really play silkroad anymore ;-)

about the image / minimap thing: you just have to update this in your pk2 files but i worked alone and was too lazy to import all files / change the coords etc.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/07/2010, 22:22   #33

finaly a good reply to this post...
too bad u don't play sro anymore...maybe some1 will be able to update (edit) the server files and we will get some real action!
Old 01/07/2010, 22:34   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeraPain View Post
Hello everyone,

a friend of mine just sent me this thread and asked me to explain some things.
first of all: yes it is possible to do the things on other servers like swsro or ecsro if you know how.
most of these things just have to get edited in the database / pk2 files.
it is not necessary to change the server software.

If you want to know why other private server doesnt do that:
- no time
- no experienced team
- dont care about updates

also i could update my emulator to lv 110 skills / mobs etc but i stopped working on it. i dont really play silkroad anymore ;-)

about the image / minimap thing: you just have to update this in your pk2 files but i worked alone and was too lazy to import all files / change the coords etc.
Here is a better explanation on it, yours is half true. In-experienced these teams are yes, but that is not main reason.

This is my reply to someone in another thread.
Quote:
I will explain some things as a lot of the people in this topic are unsure on a lot of things or providing you with little help at all.

So firstly there is only 4 Private Servers : swSRO, ecSRO, mySRO, sjSRO. They all are Server File based and these files are compiled, they do not have this source to the files nor does anyone in the community, other than the Official Versions themselves.

Obviously in the past someone managed to access the Server and obtain just these compiled files, at the version 1.091. Which was many years ago. That is why these Private Servers are considered to be poor gameplay as they are full of bugs and outdated things for example they have only 70 Cap Skills. Where as recent versions now reach up to 110 Cap Skills, there are also new areas, dungeons, items and maps not included.

Anything they can update is ONLY to the database which is very limited, you can update skills to the database to an extent and copy some lines into the PK2, so it is registered both ways. This leads to many bugged skills as they are not refered to in the Server Files.

All these Servers are owned by Chinese owners, which leads me to believe they are all connected in some way or possibly the same person, some believe Ocean owns both ecSRO and mySRO. But since no one can ever get into contact with him they do not know these kinds of things.

I offered £40 I think it was? for just some few tables from the database related to Quest, people have offered him money before for these files, but he believes in long run he will make more and does not want competetion.

You may think you are not competetion by only allowing French Players, but for example our community alone has managed to access Game Versions again that are restricted to specific countries, so IF YOU DID, keeping it to one country will be impossible and that is not questionable.
>
Go into the Private or Foreign Silkroad Section for example and check the Stickied Topics you will see that for pretty much every version, with IP Blocks, Captcha in Foreign Languages, Sites in Foreign Languages, that we have got into all of these and actively playing them untouched.

From concluding all this you can see it is really not worth bothering, like you said you have a development team no? why not re-replicate the Server Files for free? Possibly an Emulator rather than Server Files as you will be able to edit anything and much much more, than just working with a database and compiled files.

Again do not bother to try the email , I have had this email for around 2 years I have not seen him log on once, other people said they have but it is very remote. He does however have an ICQ which I contacted him via related to Tables of Quest. Everyone else in the team of ecSRO do not have any sort of power, only at GM status. He gets all money and does nothing, you can see why people hate him. Probably living in some Penthouse Flat...

If you read previous threads throughout these sections you will see all these Silkroad Projects on quests to obtain the Server Files or code Emulators, often enough they always turn to shambles. Really... in the Silkroad Community, nothing can be found or bought as people are too selfish to share. You have to do everything yourself if your going to get anywhere, which most people will probably agree with.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/07/2010, 22:50   #35

the guy that "stole" the files from JoyyMax (aKa GayMax) was a verry lucky man...too bad he doesent do anything about updating and about taking in more people to help him!
i bet that there are alot of good programers and packet analysts that could help and that would be happy to help in developing new files
Old 01/07/2010, 23:55   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dume_jr View Post
the guy that "stole" the files from JoyyMax (aKa GayMax) was a verry lucky man...too bad he doesent do anything about updating and about taking in more people to help him!
i bet that there are alot of good programers and packet analysts that could help and that would be happy to help in developing new files
There are several Projects doing that some past ones you may know as "SREmu", but they refer to these as Emulators. As they are replications of the Original to the best degree.
Old 01/08/2010, 00:40   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaGsTeR View Post
The other private servers as ECSRO / mysro etc Can't change anything in the server files they only have access to the DB, and i believe they need to code to get egypt / etc etc
im prutty sure about this

Edit : This emu would be prutty fun to play around with :P
Edit 2 : If i understood you correctly you asked why other pservers doesnt do like ZeraPain, Right?
OMFG, Stop saying "PRUTTY" its pretty not prutty
Old 01/08/2010, 01:04   #38

This topic is prutty funny (:
ZeraPain as long as your emu doesn't support multiplayer (eg: no crashes with atleast 10 ppl online) it's obviously useless to post fancy videos and make ppl belive that theres a 110cap working emu., whatever the purpose may be.

@Windrius
Calm down dude (:

Old 01/08/2010, 03:31   #39

well like i said in my description:
i just made this because i was bored.
i wont publish any server or anything like that.

right now i got other things to do so i wont continue (for now)
Old 01/08/2010, 13:14   #40

Received Thanks: 1,303
Eh...
#Closed.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread