Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Congratulations! SilkRoad Online is officially dead.

Discussion on Congratulations! SilkRoad Online is officially dead. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/26/2016, 09:41   #106

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post
Blubb
True. Considering how old the Game is, the simple Engine is at fault, as you can't simply go beyond that even if you have the required Knowledge about it.

Re-Building the Game in current Game Engines won't work either, as nobody has the Time to do so and it wouldn't be worth in the end anyway.

Looking at World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV, well... those are different Games from different Companies.
Given the Fact, both of these also make use of the Subscription System, which is necessary to keep the Developement and Support up.

Pretty much if Silkroad had a Subscription based System the Quality of Content in Silkroad for sure would have been better and speaking of the Support aswell.

SRO lacks the standard of these Days MMORPG's such as :

Professional Crafting System
Casual / Midcore / Hardcore Dungeons / Bosses / Raids
Gathering System
Housing System
Interactive / Realtime Battle System
Gear Progression
Endgame Content / Low Game Content

When I compare the Crafting System of Silkroad Online, it is utter bullshit. A Company should not gate Crafting Materials behind a Payment Option, forcing People to pay for the best Materials.
There is absolutely no Way to Craft Weapon / Gear / Jewelry in Silkroad from Level 1 to 125. The Crafting System is bland and you just fuse Items with a RNG % Based Number. Horrible.

There is no Casual / Midcore / Hardcore Dungeons with no purpose. If we compare WoW or FFXIV, they have Objective such as progressing through a Dungeon until you meet the last Boss and slay that one.
Silkroad has literally a Zone with endless spawning Monsters and no Objectives. The only added Fact are the Uniques, yet... they lack Mechanics and can be even exploited / cheesed without effort.
You're not getting Rewarded in any Way of entering these Zones!

There is no Gathering System, given the Fact the Crafting System in its current Version of Silkroad is lackluster and really has not much to offer besides of Job Gear Enhancements.
In other MMORPGs you can raise Gatherers and Gather your own Materials (Self-Supplyment) and able to use those Materials to craft plenty of Items, sell them to other Players and keep the Economy alive.
This is nowhere present in Silkroad, sadly.

There is no Housing System, Plots, Apartments. Other MMORPGs have tons of Housing Areas offering up to a total of 7.650 Plots being available on a 20.000 Player Active Server.
You think it is impossible to put 7.650 Plots on a Server that has 20.000 Active Players at Peak Time? It definitely is not in these Times.
Crafters create Furniture --> Put on Marketboard --> People get that and set their House up. This is the common Setting for the Housing System.

Silkroad has a Great Party System, though, there is Standard Setups that literally will not cause any scratch to be done on these Groups. Hence Uniques offer no Challenge at all.
There is no Interactive System such as Avoiding AoEs or passing/failing Mechanics such as Tank/DPS/Heal Checks, hence a Unique can be slapped for Days without Enraging or going Mad.

The Game has a bland Gear Progression, all you literally do is killing Monster over and over and over and... You get the Point! This is not the case with Standard MMORPG's these Days.
Dungeon have Chests, Monsters, Bosses and they all Drop Loot / Gear / Item / whatsoever. If there is no variety in Gear Progression it becomes dull and pointless to an extend.

Silkroad lacks the offer of Endgame Content. It has two Catigories of Content : PvE and PvP, both are lackluster after a while.
Given the Fact once you hit the Cap and you have the Optimal Gear / Level / Build, all you are able to do is either doing pointless Jobbing or PvP'ing in a Zone!

The Nature of a MMORPG is to keep Players entertained, if a MMORPG doesn't fullfill it, it will loose Customers (us Players) and hence it will die out over time.
Keep the Players entertained with 3-Month / 6 Months Patch and it will stay alive.
Hence Privatservers of Silkroad Online will die out, the so called "Updates" are small modifications without any real new Content that add Entertainment!

Just compare Medusa (BeakYung if I recall it ... haven't played since Years, well... except once trying to play a Server but then I saw no Point as PvP only is no Endgame for me LOL) with Alexander Prime or Sophia.

Given the Fact... a Privatserver will never pull something amazing off, as it is even more limited than the official Silkroad Version.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 01/02/2017, 21:54   #107

This game is like metin2, old engine and people hope for new patches, or graphic modifications.
We still play it because is addictive.
Old 01/03/2017, 09:21   #108

elite*gold: 220
Well resurrecting a thread. Anyway let me tell you what SRO offers other than the rest of people it's competition but actually people never notice that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/04/2017, 21:37   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiCo* View Post
Well resurrecting a thread. Anyway let me tell you what SRO offers other than the rest of people it's competition but actually people never notice that.
Silkroad offers nothing anymore.
Game was great for its time, the smooth animations, skills, music bosses, fun, jobs, everything was amazing, but as for now, the engine is dated and all the late updates turned it into a mess. Just like WOW players enjoy Vanilla wow, and demand blizz to have earlier versions of the game, same about runecape, and same about silkroad, only silkroad "old" version didnt old well and its performance and gameplay leaves alot to be desired.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/04/2017, 23:47   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
If there was a new fresh server opening that's hosted in europe, regardless of the cap, i'd still join it, and i'm pretty sure most would.
I wish you'd get involved in pSRO projects, my dude

As others said, a lot of pSRO players come and go, but the game is far from dead.

It's not hard to understand what a server needs to have in order for it to be successful. I wonder why hardly anyone gets it, maybe it's lack of skill or just too much greed, I don't know.

Anyway, I still believe(and hope) at least one pSRO is to appear, which will be amongst the best servers we ever played. I mean, as I said, after playing so many servers, it's not hard to understand what a good server needs.

But then again, I've never been a server owner, I never got interested in .pk2 editing, messing around with vSro files or the database - I already code as a living, it ain't fun - so I can't really speak for myself, but I'm pretty sure that a decent team of English proficient people could still make a lotta cash from private servers.

Edit: @: I understand where you come from, and you're certainly right. For a game to be even close to being successful nowadays, it needs a lot more than Silkroad could ever imagine being able to offer. The only factor you did not mention is nostalgy and "afk-ability".

I am a kickstarter backer for two upcoming MMORPGs which, hopefully, will make me forget about Silkroad, WoW, Ultima Online, RuneScape, etc for good. But, since this hasn't happened yet, I always come back for some Silkroad fun times and the nostalgia. Hence why I believe there's still time for a new pSro server to appear, and still money to be made. Heck, I played the shit out of Nostalrius and it was just an absolute blast. I hope I'll still get the chance to play something as satisfying as Nostalrius in the Silkroad scene - having in mind the differences and audiences/community of WoW and Silkroad, obviously.
Old 01/14/2017, 13:52   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskete View Post
Edit: @: I understand where you come from, and you're certainly right. For a game to be even close to being successful nowadays, it needs a lot more than Silkroad could ever imagine being able to offer. The only factor you did not mention is nostalgy and "afk-ability".

I am a kickstarter backer for two upcoming MMORPGs which, hopefully, will make me forget about Silkroad, WoW, Ultima Online, RuneScape, etc for good. But, since this hasn't happened yet, I always come back for some Silkroad fun times and the nostalgia. Hence why I believe there's still time for a new pSro server to appear, and still money to be made. Heck, I played the shit out of Nostalrius and it was just an absolute blast. I hope I'll still get the chance to play something as satisfying as Nostalrius in the Silkroad scene - having in mind the differences and audiences/community of WoW and Silkroad, obviously.
Sure Nostalgia counts for a successful Privatserver, afterall it's how we remember the good old times.

But I don't think "AFK-Ability" or in short terms Botting is a good thing afterall to make a Gaming Community great and stick together in the end.
Afterall there needs to be a Reason to Bot and we all know for sure why.

A Game that offers boring and dull Grinding from Lv.1 until the last Level requiring tons of Billions Experience sure attracts Bots, given the Fact I was against Bots during the iSRO Times.

---

Today? I wouldn't lay my Fingers on a Server with 1-5x Rates, the Grinding in fact is really that dull ... seeing the EXP Bar raise by 00,01% each Hour is mindless and pointless in my Eyes. Silkroad does this wrong and offers only :

Solo Play (Chinese Race being Harrassed out of Party Groups)
Group Play (Obviously European Race as their Group Buffing sticks more out)

Uniques (It's obvious what Race gives the Advantage of raising their Group DPS which plays a lot in getting the Kill afterall)

Resulting in a Toxic Game Environment already and Dis-Balancing.

---

They did it 50% right and wrong in the 100/110 Cap, adding Instances with tons of Unique Monsters that should give the Advantage of raising the EXP Bar quickly and not by some small numbers.

Of course, even this has been butchered and has become a Grind in the end, so I really don't blame if People use Third Party Tools to avoid some certain aspects of the Game, afterall PvP or Group-PvP such as "The Triangulare Conflict" or "Capture the Flag" are enough to keep the Game alive for some Months.

We sure can all agree Joymax is even more so Money-Hungry compared to the standard 0815 (term for standard) Privatserver Owner by making the Rates and the Income of EXP/SP | Gold lower on their purpose so they could add "Pay2Win" Items in the end.

Not a good Factor for a succeeding Community, that in the end, Trolls and Curses everyone.

TL: DR : If the Root of the Problems is not fixed, you won't succeed in the end.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/15/2017, 03:20   #112

Agree completely. Once a new MMO I actually like pops up I'm probably leaving Silkroad for good haha...
Old 01/16/2017, 11:55   #113

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
I hear good things about Elder Scrolls Online so going to try it myself soon. I tried it at release and it wasn't up to scratch, although from what is said it has changed a significant amount. World of Warcraft took up too much of my time when doing serious raiding so I had to stop, but I do miss the MMO experience. I really encourage anyone to try either of these, as we keep saying, people are purely holding onto nostalgia with this outdated game.
Old 01/16/2017, 19:24   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskete View Post
Agree completely. Once a new MMO I actually like pops up I'm probably leaving Silkroad for good haha...
This wont help, trust me from experience.
You always come back, once the momories kick in and its been a while.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2017, 22:58   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRON- View Post
This wont help, trust me from experience.
You always come back, once the momories kick in and its been a while.
Strange, that's true but then I played for like 5 Minutes and stopped doing so.

Went back to my MMORPG and proceeded to stare at my Miqo'te.

The thing is if you have found your Game, you won't even look back and know what a mess SRO is.
Doesn't really stand a Chance against the MMO's these Days that are out there.

Let alone the Visuals of SRO, ugh, that doesn't bring me back at all... horrible.
Old 01/17/2017, 11:38   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolill0 View Post
Strange, that's true but then I played for like 5 Minutes and stopped doing so.

Went back to my MMORPG and proceeded to stare at my Miqo'te.

The thing is if you have found your Game, you won't even look back and know what a mess SRO is.
Doesn't really stand a Chance against the MMO's these Days that are out there.

Let alone the Visuals of SRO, ugh, that doesn't bring me back at all... horrible.
agree that the game is very basic compared to many other newer mmorpgs, and the worst part is the preformance. it stil runs on dx9 and gives me 15 fps in towns on high end machine. but sometimes the simplicity of the game just pulls you in for a month or so just to scratch the itch.
Old 01/19/2017, 08:27   #117

elite*gold: 2
the reason why people still play it is because:
a) the animations, the skills, the aesthetics of the game is beautiful
b) of the nostalgic memories people had, thus making it addictive
c) people dont have better things to do with their lives
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/24/2017, 15:59   #118

Received Thanks: 1,002
who has a better computer went to black desert. there u can trade, having open world pvp, node wars and so on you can literally do what u want there.. being a fisher, a crafter, an alchemist, chef, u can breeding horses.. and no goldbots
Old 01/26/2017, 01:38   #119

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,303
The whole thing with an "Old school" Server is kinda related to the new exploration sense of Silkroad online, when you didn't know the color of the +5 weapon, when people were overwhelmed with different builds, when people were starting to learn the game actually.

As time passed the game mechanics became very familiar to everyone, as of today every private server ends with 1 or 2 unions having full +9/+12 equipment full buffed and then leave the server out of boredom, it was never the case "back then".

It's actually pretty good for a game to be standing up for 14 years with some people still playing it.
I certainly do not believe any modification or even rigid security system will attract inactive players or people who had quit the game, it was always about first time encounter with the game itself, not how balanced or imbalanced it was.

The most active era of Silkroad was when it was severely imbalanced when the STR based characters popped any INT nuker within seconds from the start of a 1 vs 1 match back in 80 CAP with out snow shield add in. People didn't give a **** people were still trying out the game and admiring new levels and skill graphics and places.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/29/2017, 05:38   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreeak View Post
who has a better computer went to black desert. there u can trade, having open world pvp, node wars and so on you can literally do what u want there.. being a fisher, a crafter, an alchemist, chef, u can breeding horses.. and no goldbots
**** that game, same mindless grind for hours upon hours upon hours until your eyes bleed.
If there was even a simple grind bot it would be the best mmo but with only manual grind hell no.

Sure there is a lot of stuff that you can do but in the end you want to reach 58/59/60 and that requires massive amounts of grind which is just plain boring and rage inducing as every good and even semi-good spots are overwhelmed by people so not only you cannot properly grind you need to fight for your rotation....
Closed Thread