Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

My thoughts on all the current private servers, and what is wrong with them.

Discussion on My thoughts on all the current private servers, and what is wrong with them. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 61
Received Thanks: 1,972
My thoughts on all the current private servers, and what is wrong with them.

Hello guys, I am [GM]Sun from InfinityRoad ( we closed months ago ). I have played Silkroad Online from 60 to 120 cap.
And I have checked out a lot of the current private servers and I have come to a conclusion.

PvE - Servers

PvP- Servers

Conclusion

Thank you , and greetings E*Pvpers ^_^

PS: Let me know if you think the same, or what for you has ruined the nostalgia feeling in a private server!
Old 07/28/2014, 21:23   #2

elite*gold: 0
I agree with the whole new dresses and 700m+ for 1 item in 80 cap server, but that's just because there's a stupid coin system of course. I'd like to see an 80 cap server with eu and chn (with the op skills adjusted to balance out the gameplay of course) and not a single edit other than editing the sox stats and what not and lowering their chance of being dropped or just like make sun only dropped by LY or smth. Oh and active jobbing!
Old 07/28/2014, 21:43   #3

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
You can't really win nowadays. If private-servers never existed, people wouldn't need to cry about "low" or "too high" rates. Back in the ISRO days, nobody complained about 1x rates because that's all they knew. Nowadays, if a rate is 0.1% too high, people will exploit and cry about it until it's adjusted to their needs. Now that the scene has come too far (with over 10 servers being released daily) there's no going back.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/28/2014, 21:45   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
You can't really win nowadays. If private-servers never existed, people wouldn't need to cry about "low" or "too high" rates. Back in the ISRO days, nobody complained about 1x rates because that's all they knew. Nowadays, if a rate is 0.1% too high, people will exploit and cry about it until it's adjusted to their needs. Now that the scene has come too far (with over 10 servers being released daily) there's no going back.
I know, you can never ever have the feeling of achieving something when you are leveling up, that was when the powerleveling didn't exist, that's why I think that all pSRO should be instant highest level cap.
Old 07/28/2014, 21:49   #5

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooby pls View Post
I know, you can never ever have the feeling of achieving something when you are leveling up, that was when the powerleveling didn't exist, that's why I think that all pSRO should be instant highest level cap.
If there's one type of server I will NEVER (personally) play, it's instant cap ones. You get no feeling of achievement whatsoever, and people just run around with +18 **** no matter what the rates are.
Old 07/28/2014, 22:06   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
If there's one type of server I will NEVER (personally) play, it's instant cap ones. You get no feeling of achievement whatsoever, and people just run around with +18 **** no matter what the rates are.
Nah, +18 means the admins are doing stupid **** with their alchemy rates, when I had my server nobody would run around with + 18, it was impossible.
I organized weekly events and battle arena and people could get their gear that way. Gold didn't play a role as we didn't incluede it.
Old 07/30/2014, 13:54   #7

Dear, thread starter : you can't force everyone to have same thoughts as you, just make something by yourself? That's why is called private server, because is private.
Old 07/30/2014, 14:40   #8

elite*gold: 275
Received Thanks: 1,156
Thoughts are different on each server owner and each player. Server are made by owners idea by thinking what is better for him (60% = $) and for his players (40%) and that's one of the main reasons which pServer fail. You and nobody can't change someones thoughts just by telling him because he will think that you will want to harm or to make his server look poor and weak which you will receive as an reply an insult.

Thanks.
Old 07/30/2014, 23:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaMixE View Post
Dear, thread starter : you can't force everyone to have same thoughts as you, just make something by yourself? That's why is called private server, because is private.
I don't think you understand what the thread is saying nor what "private server" means. =D , no it doesn't mean it's private in that way. =D
Old 07/30/2014, 23:36   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ►™SuperE™◄ View Post
I don't think you understand what the thread is saying nor what "private server" means. =D , no it doesn't mean it's private in that way. =D
Oh, not like that, I was talking about privately administration, that's all.
Old 07/31/2014, 10:10   #11

Just remove the ******* coin system from your server.
Old 07/31/2014, 14:26   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooby pls View Post
Nah, +18 means the admins are doing stupid **** with their alchemy rates, when I had my server nobody would run around with + 18, it was impossible.
I organized weekly events and battle arena and people could get their gear that way. Gold didn't play a role as we didn't incluede it.
That's not sro... That's not what people want (Maybe the 12y old ).
I think people forgot WHAT is Silkroad Online...
Back in the good old days, There was no Weekly events/Unique events/Other ****** stuff.
People got their equipment throught hard work (Whenever they had bot or not)... No one had +18 nor +11 weapons, cuz it was difficult and dangerous. And because of that, the Silkroad Economy was great. Everything had value and even new players who had 0 money could work things out with: Jobbing, Collecting and making of alchemic ingerians. I remember i made my first 1 Mil with my lvl 34 player back there in 2007 when i went (with a HUGE risk) to collect alchemy ingrediants from high level people in Taklamakan. And when i got my first 1M, it felt incredible (Spent it on Wolf pet, and i'm still not sorry for that ).

When people get a server when it's easy to do everything (Including leveling up), they get no satisffection, and that's why they demend more (Silk per Hour/GM events/ other stuped ****).

BRING BACK REAL OLDSCHOOL SRO.

(that's my opinion tho, i respect others' as well)
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/31/2014, 15:39   #13

elite*gold: 20
Bringing back iSRO experience is impossible. The main reason is that it used to be a new experience back then. It will never be new for us anymore.

Having said that, I realized that we don't miss the game,but we miss the communication instead.
- We miss the unfair guy from the rival guild cos we could do flame wars,
- We miss the senseless global wars we were following while standing by hotan center doing nothing,
- We miss to give false directions to players who were searching for Tiger girl
- or spy for high level players in the guild on ferry region for the traders/thieves etc..

If you ask me, we even don't need FW to enjoy SRO. We just need people who are able to communicate. So we actually miss the community. Which is marked as "the worst community ever" nowadays. If the community could be revived, believe me it doesn't matter if you have +18 weps , silk mall, instant cap, or 1x rates.. it will succeed only then.

Yet,I admit it is not possible to revive it anymore. The best try will give you zombiez.. So you will have 20 well minded people, and around 30-50 kiddos if you did everything right with your server +bots (only fw time will give you max online number). And it will be dead by next month.

And that will be due to the losing union(s) on FW as they will decide that the server is **** and unfair to ppl or they will blame server owner or gm team that they are supporting the winning union and stuff.. And many of the players will come up with this bullshit play2win pay2win argument as well. So many will quit .. It is irreversible unless one server team comes to the scene with a complete FREE server.. But after all, what could be the motive of such team? LoVe is not sufficient to keep a team alive if not for a single person (Love for SRO)...

That is the dilemma we are all having here.. It is a dead game , dead community yet we are all like necrophiliacs =)

thanks for reading
Tychus
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/02/2014, 00:08   #14

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
Bringing back iSRO experience is impossible. The main reason is that it used to be a new experience back then. It will never be new for us anymore.

Having said that, I realized that we don't miss the game,but we miss the communication instead.
- We miss the senseless global wars we were following while standing by hotan center doing nothing,
- or spy for high level players in the guild on ferry region for the traders/thieves etc..

If you ask me, we even don't need FW to enjoy SRO. We just need people who are able to communicate. So we actually miss the community. Which is marked as "the worst community ever" nowadays. If the community could be revived, believe me it doesn't matter if you have +18 weps , silk mall, instant cap, or 1x rates.. it will succeed only then.

Yet,I admit it is not possible to revive it anymore. The best try will give you zombiez.. So you will have 20 well minded people, and around 30-50 kiddos if you did everything right with your server +bots (only fw time will give you max online number). And it will be dead by next month.

And that will be due to the losing union(s) on FW as they will decide that the server is shit and unfair to ppl or they will blame server owner or gm team that they are supporting the winning union and stuff.. And many of the players will come up with this bullshit play2win pay2win argument as well. So many will quit .. It is irreversible unless one server team comes to the scene with a complete FREE server.. But after all, what could be the motive of such team? LoVe is not sufficient to keep a team alive if not for a single person (Love for SRO)...

That is the dilemma we are all having here.. It is a dead game , dead community yet we are all like necrophiliacs =)

thanks for reading
Tychus
First person other than me in 2 years to get it.
Old 08/06/2014, 22:24   #15

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post

And that will be due to the losing union(s) on FW as they will decide that the server is shit and unfair to ppl or they will blame server owner or gm team that they are supporting the winning union and stuff.. And many of the players will come up with this bullshit play2win pay2win argument as well. So many will quit .. It is irreversible unless one server team comes to the scene with a complete FREE server.. But after all, what could be the motive of such team? LoVe is not sufficient to keep a team alive if not for a single person (Love for SRO)...

thanks for reading
Tychus
Finally, Someone has spoken. You are completely right with every single word you have said. BUT YET, Online games especially the one with more capacity in its community will never die. 100 People decide to quit, 20 decide to start playing, SO YES, It's all about the private server owners and the way they manage and improve their servers. Other stupid owners like those Mofos around please burn in hell you make the community more worse with your childish acts, immaturity and unprofessionally.

Cheers, Tustin.
Thanks
2 Users