Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 15:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

My thoughts on all the current private servers, and what is wrong with them.

Old 08/08/2014, 23:53   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
Bringing back iSRO experience is impossible. The main reason is that it used to be a new experience back then. It will never be new for us anymore.

Having said that, I realized that we don't miss the game,but we miss the communication instead.
- We miss the unfair guy from the rival guild cos we could do flame wars,
- We miss the senseless global wars we were following while standing by hotan center doing nothing,
- We miss to give false directions to players who were searching for Tiger girl
- or spy for high level players in the guild on ferry region for the traders/thieves etc..

If you ask me, we even don't need FW to enjoy SRO. We just need people who are able to communicate. So we actually miss the community. Which is marked as "the worst community ever" nowadays. If the community could be revived, believe me it doesn't matter if you have +18 weps , silk mall, instant cap, or 1x rates.. it will succeed only then.

Yet,I admit it is not possible to revive it anymore. The best try will give you zombiez.. So you will have 20 well minded people, and around 30-50 kiddos if you did everything right with your server +bots (only fw time will give you max online number). And it will be dead by next month.

And that will be due to the losing union(s) on FW as they will decide that the server is shit and unfair to ppl or they will blame server owner or gm team that they are supporting the winning union and stuff.. And many of the players will come up with this bullshit play2win pay2win argument as well. So many will quit .. It is irreversible unless one server team comes to the scene with a complete FREE server.. But after all, what could be the motive of such team? LoVe is not sufficient to keep a team alive if not for a single person (Love for SRO)...

That is the dilemma we are all having here.. It is a dead game , dead community yet we are all like necrophiliacs =)

thanks for reading
Tychus
I don't agree with you, all though you have some really valid points which i do agree upon.

I think a big part that plays 2, is the unknown.
If we could start an iSRO server like back in 2006 it wouldn't be same experience as we had in 2006.
Simply because we know too much.
Back then we had to go trough trial & error.
Now we don't. We know what to do, Buy a bot , let it bot 24/7, we know what build is the best, we know how to get certain items and how to get there the quickest as possible.

Back in the days we didn't and that made it even more fun.
I used to look up to high levels, now on a private server it's the most normal thing to reach the maximum level.
I would kill to bring back those times.
Silkroad meant alot to me, it describes a huge part of my childhood.

And i think i'm not the only one with the curse of playing/quiting silkroad each year, just in hope to find that one server that could bring back those almighty oldschool times. But we all know that's not gonna happen (yet)...

As far as i came to the conclusion, VSRO files = never gonna bring back the real oldskool.
The files are just too new to do that, doesn't matter what you do, play on Blackrogue files and you'll feel the difference.
I'm still skeptic on BR files 2, but they get closer than VSRO ever will.

I think the best bet would be some iSRO/ECSRO/ZSZC/MHTC file, but those are far 2 bugged.
I have no experience with this at all, but maybe it's fixable with a professional/dedicated team.
Who knows...

But for now, i have no faith in the silkroad ''community'' anymore.
It's all about making a quick buck, with some lame ass arena coin based system.
Instead of a party with 8 man, on a mysterious spot doing pandora boxes.

God i miss those times..

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2014, 13:01   #17

elite*gold: 20
@eendje: From what I read in your message , you seem to agree my opinion. Considering MHTC kinda files, I am currently working on them and they are fixable and some features could be easily disabled.

Honestly, if someone comes up with a stable server with oldschool files*mhtc etc,, and if they make it for free *so no item mall, no silk, no weapon selling no nutting nunca nada... Then we can get as close as possible to the old times.. They can still put a donation button on website which is a real donation. So if people like it they would pay tiny amounts not to let it go as donation(nothing in return,just the server they like is going to stay online) so that server could look after itself.

I hope finally someone will come up with such a perspective.

Honestly, I am still learning codecaving and it is really hard to actually succeed in it. Otherwise, I want to really realize such a project tomorrow.

EDIT:Eendje you seem to be Dutch,, I also live in AMS,NL. If you want to meet for a beer when you are around share your details via pm. It is nice to talk to someone who has similar passion with silkroad. It also means a lot to me..

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2014, 16:45   #18

Quote:
@eendje: From what I read in your message , you seem to agree my opinion. Considering MHTC kinda files, I am currently working on them and they are fixable and some features could be easily disabled.

Honestly, if someone comes up with a stable server with oldschool files*mhtc etc,, and if they make it for free *so no item mall, no silk, no weapon selling no nutting nunca nada... Then we can get as close as possible to the old times.. They can still put a donation button on website which is a real donation. So if people like it they would pay tiny amounts not to let it go as donation(nothing in return,just the server they like is going to stay online) so that server could look after itself.

Honestly, I am still learning codecaving and it is really hard to actually succeed in it. Otherwise, I want to really realize such a project tomorrow.

EDIT:Eendje you seem to be Dutch,, I also live in AMS,NL. If you want to meet for a beer when you are around share your details via pm. It is nice to talk to someone who has similar passion with silkroad. It also means a lot to me..
Hey bud, yes i am dutch, and of course i'd be down to do a beer some time.
Hows the progress going with the MHTC files? feel free to inbox me with your skype adress.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2014, 22:13   #19

Received Thanks: 1,046
Quote:

You had your mind right and you jump back into the herd of sheep immediately. Its not the files, its the community.

It doesnt matter if you start a server with perfectly working MHTC or ECSRO files, there just isnt enough people interested in that.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/10/2014, 12:05   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
You had your mind right and you jump back into the herd of sheep immediately. Its not the files, its the community.

It doesnt matter if you start a server with perfectly working MHTC or ECSRO files, there just isnt enough people interested in that.
I am blinded by luv!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2014, 06:58   #21

Quote:

Best of luck my friend!

Quote:

It is about the community pehaps, but you're looking at it in the wrong way.
I went to another forum after I read your comment(Forum from my country which i know closely). The forum has a large community of oldschool players (i know 15+- people from there who played with me in in caps 70-100 in Babel in iSro). And asked them, would they consider coming back to Sro if a decent Private sro server would come out, A Server which goes back to the roots.
I got 22 answers, and 19/22 said - Yes.
Most of them said that the server should be cap 100, but it has to have all the oldschool features, without all the new crappy features (Leveling should be hard, no coin system, etc...).

My point is that, if such a server will come up, most of the quality people will return. You also should remember, that Sro always had community full of unmature kids.. Nothing has changed except the server's managament (i'll explain). In iSro, or in every other oldschool private server (Swsro,Sjsro,Ecsro) the server managament had almost 0 contact with the community. In this period of time, those "trashy community memebers" (which has always been) feel they can influence and push around the GM's/Owners - So they begin to cry and complain. They also know the fact that if they quit playing on server X, they can easily find another server that has the similar features, and they can do the same over there.

Hope i made my point clear.
Have a great week friends!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/12/2014, 13:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xX View Post
Best of luck my friend!

It is about the community pehaps, but you're looking at it in the wrong way.
I went to another forum after I read your comment(Forum from my country which i know closely). The forum has a large community of oldschool players (i know 15+- people from there who played with me in in caps 70-100 in Babel in iSro). And asked them, would they consider coming back to Sro if a decent Private sro server would come out, A Server which goes back to the roots.
I got 22 answers, and 19/22 said - Yes.
Most of them said that the server should be cap 100, but it has to have all the oldschool features, without all the new crappy features (Leveling should be hard, no coin system, etc...).

My point is that, if such a server will come up, most of the quality people will return. You also should remember, that Sro always had community full of unmature kids.. Nothing has changed except the server's managament (i'll explain). In iSro, or in every other oldschool private server (Swsro,Sjsro,Ecsro) the server managament had almost 0 contact with the community. In this period of time, those "trashy community memebers" (which has always been) feel they can influence and push around the GM's/Owners - So they begin to cry and complain. They also know the fact that if they quit playing on server X, they can easily find another server that has the similar features, and they can do the same over there.

Hope i made my point clear.
Have a great week friends!
Opening vanilla files is the easiest **** ever, why would people play on that server?
Old 08/12/2014, 14:35   #23

Quote:
Opening vanilla files is the easiest **** ever, why would people play on that server?
Because it's not ****.
But "Newschool" stuff are **** (AKA: Coin system, new job system... etc).
Old 08/12/2014, 16:38   #24

Opening vanilla files is easy according to you. But you need to find the files(the working db especially) in the very first place. Nearly all of the mentioned links are either down or pointing to an incomplete set.

If you found the files, then you know you need to fix the exploits. If you don't know which exploits are present then you need to find them out first. Checking bullshit threads is a must in this case and you will never be sure if you covered them all or not.

You will also need to fix couple of essentials such as auto update , simply a crucial thing for the server.

Of course if you have the set as complete and already patched/fixed the only thing you need to do is to restore the dbs, edit a couple of ini files and click on the executables more or less.

After all, please don't tell me it is like nothing to set it up properly.
Old 08/12/2014, 17:34   #25

Quote:
Opening vanilla files is easy according to you. But you need to find the files(the working db especially) in the very first place. Nearly all of the mentioned links are either down or pointing to an incomplete set.

If you found the files, then you know you need to fix the exploits. If you don't know which exploits are present then you need to find them out first. Checking bullshit threads is a must in this case and you will never be sure if you covered them all or not.

You will also need to fix couple of essentials such as auto update , simply a crucial thing for the server.

Of course if you have the set as complete and already patched/fixed the only thing you need to do is to restore the dbs, edit a couple of ini files and click on the executables more or less.

After all, please don't tell me it is like nothing to set it up properly.
If it was worth it, it would have been done already.

Why would I play on your server when theres 30 other ones out there just like yours?
Old 08/12/2014, 21:17   #26

Show me one server which doesnt sell anything with cash. That makes a huge difference if not for the features.

P.S My intention is not about opening a new server. I am rather into AI development. I can't afford to dedicate so much time on any server development project as there is no tech. skill gain from it for me. But developing bot AI (not like a grinding bot that mmorpg scene has but more like an intelligent one such as Unreal,Quake3 means much.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2014, 21:19   #27

thats the issue, server must establish a community, with at least few months of smooth gameplay, before openning donations, we need some rich guy who can pay for the host and doesnt care for short term income, for the sake of future long term income.

problem that every server that opens first thing they want is our money. and it shows.
setting a server to be low rates, and making donation disabled, for first months, or only available if youre max level. would make much more sense. and attract more serious players into playing and putting effort in it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/15/2014, 01:05   #28

elite*gold: 2
id just like to state a point here. don't you guys remember the ecsro/swsro/zszc times? i mean WTF are you guys thinking about, seriously sro is like a ****** golddiggin *****; whenever you give them something, they just start whining about it and want more and more, is it SO hard just to content yourself with what you got in hand?
Old 08/15/2014, 15:18   #29

Yeah but the thing is player/server ratio is almost 1:1 . And that's a huge issue.

-Also the story below is a huge server killer-
I have 20 players in my guild. I join the server. We all reach to max lvl in 2 days most. 3rd day we have got all gear pimped thx to the bots n stuff. We join the FW if we win, we stay and if we lose we quit. Startover in another server globalling all **** about the current one and inviting ppl to join the next one.
Another 40 joins the hype since they also lose the FW and server becomes more silent.And stuff....

« which is the most alive silkroad private server ? | Waiting Elamidas? »