Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reason why all private servers fail

Discussion on Reason why all private servers fail within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs down Reason why all private servers fail

Alright let me start by saying that I've had enough with these fools trying to make new servers every other day. They are ignorant, dim witted morons who haven't got a clue how to manage or lead a business even if their lives depended on it. I'm pretty sure I could train my dog to speak better English than most of these guys as well.

Lacking common sense, naivety, elitism, lack of vision and poor business planning are their traits and false advertising is their motto. Just spam "old school" in every sentence and there you have it a 2014 private SRO server. Whenever I read these google translated, atrocious spelling and grammar threads I seriously think about carving my eyes out and crawling in a cave to die. How do you expect somebody to manage an International server when they can't even speak the International language....

It also doesn't help that the community is filled with toxic money grubbing low lifers who just want to make a living out of a game, cheaters, robbers and bug exploiters. How do you solve that? You make a paid SRO server( I'm willing to pay and I'm sure some would be willing to pay for a better environment as well). It's a proven fact that free games have the most toxic communities out there. Or you simply know how to run a small business or you could also appoint a down's syndrome free human being(they seem to be much rarer than I thought) to do your work for you.

So is there a single North American server which isn't ran by a bunch of chimps? If so then please spam away because I've had just about enough with all these degenerate scumbags and their false promises.
Old 05/10/2014, 17:44   #2

What about posting your comment here: ?

A guy already tried to sort out which are the main problems that lead a p-server to fail. I think that doing multiple threads won't help anyone. What about trying to build up a good thread where people can share their opinions and, why not, future server owners can take some inspirations?

OT: I agree with the paid SRO idea but, how can you be sure that the server is worthing your money? I mean, everyone can set up a paid server, how do you recognize if it's a good one with a pro team or it's just another failed attempt?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2014, 17:46   #3

Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, that's not the way to show it/post it.
I'm sure you can express your opinion without flaming and cursing everyone around.
Old 05/10/2014, 17:55   #4

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNeoCortex View Post
Alright let me start by saying that I've had enough with these fools trying to make new servers every other day. They are ignorant, dim witted morons who haven't got a clue how to manage or lead a business even if their lives depended on it. I'm pretty sure I could train my dog to speak better English than most of these guys as well.

Lacking common sense, naivety, elitism, lack of vision and poor business planning are their traits and false advertising is their motto. Just spam "old school" in every sentence and there you have it a 2014 private SRO server. Whenever I read these google translated, atrocious spelling and grammar threads I seriously think about carving my eyes out and crawling in a cave to die. How do you expect somebody to manage an International server when they can't even speak the International language....

It also doesn't help that the community is filled with toxic money grubbing low lifers who just want to make a living out of a game, cheaters, robbers and bug exploiters. How do you solve that? You make a paid SRO server( I'm willing to pay and I'm sure some would be willing to pay for a better environment as well). It's a proven fact that free games have the most toxic communities out there. Or you simply know how to run a small business or you could also appoint a down's syndrome free human being(they seem to be much rarer than I thought) to do your work for you.

So is there a single North American server which isn't ran by a bunch of chimps? If so then please spam away because I've had just about enough with all these degenerate scumbags and their false promises.
Why would you want it to be a North American server? The majority of people that play silkroad are European, and I doubt there even is more than one developer that lives across the pond, if it's solely for English proficiency I'd suggest you look around, there are plenty of people in Europe that speak English comparable to or even exceeding a native speaker (excluding brits). However, there simply aren't enough players in the US or Canada to make a server hosted in North America a logical investment.

Either way, you'll always have to deal with degenerate scumbags and false promises, it's silkroad by nature
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2014, 18:10   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
Why would you want it to be a North American server? The majority of people that play silkroad are European, and I doubt there even is more than one developer that lives across the pond, if it's solely for English proficiency I'd suggest you look around, there are plenty of people in Europe that speak English comparable to or even exceeding a native speaker (excluding brits). However, there simply aren't enough players in the US or Canada to make a server hosted in North America a logical investment.

Either way, you'll always have to deal with degenerate scumbags and false promises, it's silkroad by nature
Exactly. The country where you born is not an indicator of your QI. For example: I'm from Italy and even if there are not so many Italian's players I rather prefer playing with foreign people. Why that? Simply becouse all my countrymates that I met where idiots and racist. There should be an IQ restriction to open a server and not a country-based and full of prejudices one.
Old 05/10/2014, 18:17   #6

elite*gold: 17
“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2014, 18:30   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media. View Post
“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”
Exactly. Actually there are quite a lot (!?) good server owners but most of them are too proud to work together. This would be the only way to create a real server with a long term life.

Internet was a really good invention even if it has some side effects. One of those effects is to make too many people have an easy access to some kind of things (in this case server files, machines and other things) and make them able to run a server without any clue and knowledge about it. Even I that, beside of some basical C# commands, dont know ***** about how to run a server and what is needed, I am able to set up a server just following some guides here and there.

Plus, as I said, probably becouse it is written deeply inside in our DNA, most of the humans are too proud of themselves and think that, hidden behind a monitor, they are a sort of new *** and all these things lead to the creation of this messy situation.
Old 05/10/2014, 18:55   #8

You also gotta remember that most of the Sro community are European.
Even American/Canadian server owners preffer to host their servers in EU, So people here won't lag.
Old 05/10/2014, 19:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiledsun View Post
What about posting your comment here: ?

A guy already tried to sort out which are the main problems that lead a p-server to fail. I think that doing multiple threads won't help anyone. What about trying to build up a good thread where people can share their opinions and, why not, future server owners can take some inspirations?

OT: I agree with the paid SRO idea but, how can you be sure that the server is worthing your money? I mean, everyone can set up a paid server, how do you recognize if it's a good one with a pro team or it's just another failed attempt?
I apologize I missed that thread completely. I'm glad I opened it though as it showed me there are some intelligent life forms still alive that I could have a logical discussion with.
Old 05/18/2014, 15:42   #10

It's because the n00b Egyptians who run a server everyday, the n00bs who buy exploits just to mess with others for no reason, the fail admins who run a server without having the ability to manage it and money!
Thanks
1 User

Tags
private game servers, silkroad, sro