Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail!

Discussion on Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 05/09/2014, 15:52   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFox​ View Post
Marketing > BETA Phase > Marketing > Excellent Protection > Server Start > Manual Events > ETC.

I'm pretty sure Skalidor's first events were automatic (to test the [BOT])
Was just an example. You cannot deny the fact that the Skalidor Owner did something right that majority of Owners are not doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xX View Post
One more thing,
I don't know if you've noticed, But even the Server owners that want to hear the community- I think they're doing it in the wrong way.
Most of them ask "What extra features do you want to see in my server?"
I think, the question should be: "Why do you love Silkroad Online?".
I think successful private server should first fix the basics attributes of Sro (According to logic and according to what the players want and love), And only then you should add extra features that would make the gameplay more special.

I thought about it for some time when I stopped playing private servers last summer (Cuz of school) , And if i had the extra money and extra time i would have gathered my own team, and would open a private server.
But being a Server owner is a lot of commitment and hard work, and i don't want to disapoint myself and the players.

"Why do you love Silkroad Online?"
~ An excellent question.

Even having basic features on a server is good enough in my books.

Its just whether the admins can create a good enough atmosphere for the players to immerse themselves in the process itself.

^
Old 05/09/2014, 16:09   #17

Quote:
One more thing,
I don't know if you've noticed, But even the Server owners that want to hear the community- I think they're doing it in the wrong way.
Most of them ask "What extra features do you want to see in my server?"
I think, the question should be: "Why do you love Silkroad Online?".
I think successful private server should first fix the basics attributes of Sro (According to logic and according to what the players want and love), And only then you should add extra features that would make the gameplay more special.

I thought about it for some time when I stopped playing private servers last summer (Cuz of school) , And if i had the extra money and extra time i would have gathered my own team, and would open a private server.
But being a Server owner is a lot of commitment and hard work, and i don't want to disapoint myself and the players.
This sounds like eliminate hunger from the world if you know what I mean.

The real problem about this point is that sro community, expecially p-sro scene, is too flawed with all these features and wants everything easily but at the same time people get bored after few days.

You'll never be able to listen to everyone's voice and this is obvious of course.
The problem is that most of the people that play sro are a bunch of sheeps that if the first jumps off a cliff everyone will follow her. So if someone doesn't like a server ( becouse he can't be the strongest or couse of any other reason that can come up to your mind) and start to flout and insult it, lots of people will simply think that he's right and they quit.

That's why nowadays most of the owners are trying to bring as much as possible features.

Sadly the more you have the less you appreciate it.
Old 05/09/2014, 16:19   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ḟreaķỷ View Post
In one word;EGYPTIANS.
If we get rid of these, then we're golden.
Old 05/09/2014, 16:34   #19

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiledsun View Post

The real problem about this point is that sro community, expecially p-sro scene, is too flawed with all these features and wants everything easily but at the same time people get bored after few days.

You'll never be able to listen to everyone's voice and this is obvious of course.
The problem is that most of the people that play sro are a bunch of sheeps that if the first jumps off a cliff everyone will follow her. So if someone doesn't like a server ( becouse he can't be the strongest or couse of any other reason that can come up to your mind) and start to flout and insult it, lots of people will simply think that he's right and they quit.

That's why nowadays most of the owners are trying to bring as much as possible features.

Its definately hard to find the right Position between adding features players suggest and find a way to keep players excited without having everything they want (without getting boring)

So.. Its not just opening a server and let it run.. Those will fail with a Chance of 99.8%
Old 05/09/2014, 16:57   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNhaLaToR View Post
Its definately hard to find the right Position between adding features players suggest and find a way to keep players excited without having everything they want (without getting boring)

So.. Its not just opening a server and let it run.. Those will fail with a Chance of 99.8%
Indeed, plus every person wants something different from another one and noone of 'em seems to have intention of making any compromise.
Old 05/09/2014, 17:49   #21

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Indeed, plus every person wants something different from another one and noone of 'em seems to have intention of making any compromise.
I agree with u guys.
But!
I was talking about the perfect scenerio, Which probably won't happen.
I think that the Server's team should know how to make compromises.
You can't please everyone - You don't have to, All you need to do is make compromises in such way that even the people that disagree with a certain decision won't totally suffer from it.

Another thing to point out is that in my opinion there is a hidden potential in the "Vanilla" sro - i'm really surprised that not even a single server owner noticed it, For example:
*The quest system (Which is quite useless now, it can be improved to benefit the players and make the server less "afk bot farming") .
* Even the Job system doesn't have it's full potential (although some servers tried to do something about it).

As i'm writing this, it makes me a bit upset.
I came back here hoping that something changed, that i would find a good server to start in fresh.
:/
Old 05/09/2014, 18:16   #22

Quote:
I agree with u guys.
But!
I was talking about the perfect scenerio, Which probably won't happen.
I think that the Server's team should know how to make compromises.
You can't please everyone - You don't have to, All you need to do is make compromises in such way that even the people that disagree with a certain decision won't totally suffer from it.

Another thing to point out is that in my opinion there is a hidden potential in the "Vanilla" sro - i'm really surprised that not even a single server owner noticed it, For example:
*The quest system (Which is quite useless now, it can be improved to benefit the players and make the server less "afk bot farming") .
* Even the Job system doesn't have it's full potential (although some servers tried to do something about it).
Mhmhmh but the problem still, the owners can also do some compromises but people will complain tho and in the end they will leave becouse, as I said, most of them are sheeps and they follow each others.

How many time did you see did scenario?

First global from a strong guild member: " Meh, I'm out I failed all my items ( ' Real reason: couldn't take the FW') so shitty server, failed, corrupted ...bla..bla!"

Guild members thoughts:" He's leaving, let's leave all!" and starting to make events for items and so on. (A lot of guild are like small clans or, to call them with a word from my lenguage: Mafia)

Normal people (Sheeps):" Oh look all are leaving, no point to stay!" (50 people out of 1k players that are leaving is not a good reason to leave a server imo.)

Server gets empty, newcomers are scared to start, server is used to fail soon.

About the second part of your post. Usually the simpliest things are the better one that's why I agree with you. There're too few servers that are trying to get out all the potential from the basical features that SRO has in itself.

Quest part it's totally useless also in Isro becouse of they're absurd requests that take ages to be done just to have some point of exp or skill points.
Actually Venture made a good system based on quest but the no-bot policy killed the server himself. Now there's another server that took the Venture eredity and imo it's a good choice but I'm a bit skeptical about how many people will join a server where bottting or donating won't make you strong faster or easier. But hey, hope is totally free and everyone is allowed to dream.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2014, 18:49   #23

Quote:
Mhmhmh but the problem still, the owners can also do some compromises but people will complain tho and in the end they will leave becouse, as I said, most of them are sheeps and they follow each others.

How many time did you see did scenario?

First global from a strong guild member: " Meh, I'm out I failed all my items ( ' Real reason: couldn't take the FW') so shitty server, failed, corrupted ...bla..bla!"

Guild members thoughts:" He's leaving, let's leave all!" and starting to make events for items and so on. (A lot of guild are like small clans or, to call them with a word from my lenguage: Mafia)

Normal people (Sheeps):" Oh look all are leaving, no point to stay!" (50 people out of 1k players that are leaving is not a good reason to leave a server imo.)

Server gets empty, newcomers are scared to start, server is used to fail soon.

About the second part of your post. Usually the simpliest things are the better one that's why I agree with you. There're too few servers that are trying to get out all the potential from the basical features that SRO has in itself.

Quest part it's totally useless also in Isro becouse of they're absurd requests that take ages to be done just to have some point of exp or skill points.
Actually Venture made a good system based on quest but the no-bot policy killed the server himself. Now there's another server that took the Venture eredity and imo it's a good choice but I'm a bit skeptical about how many people will join a server where bottting or donating won't make you strong faster or easier. But hey, hope is totally free and everyone is allowed to dream.
And what's the name of the server you've talked about ?
Would like to try it out.
Old 05/09/2014, 23:44   #24

elite*gold: 122
Someone should do a server without bots, that would bring only real fans of silkroad.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/10/2014, 00:15   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xardoo View Post
Someone should do a server without bots, that would bring only real fans of silkroad.
I would totally play in a server without bots.
But no 1 else will play. 20 people in a server isn't much fun.
Old 05/10/2014, 02:09   #26

Quote:
just wait a few weeks
Old 05/10/2014, 02:28   #27

Quote:
That just can't be happen, even venture server has done that before. And what were the results? People started to quit, they've felt boredom and the server is closed eventually. The idea itself is amazing but as they said, playing around with 20 Members ain't fun at all.
Old 05/10/2014, 03:00   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustin1337 View Post
That just can't be happen, even venture server has done that before. And what were the results? People started to quit, they've felt boredom and the server is closed eventually. The idea itself is amazing but as they said, playing around with 20 Members ain't fun at all.
Mine is running since 2012..
Old 05/10/2014, 10:07   #29

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Mine is running since 2012..
102 players on a saturday, and working bots, I don't see the corelation (there is a big difference between not having a functional mbot crack for you server and blocking every single bots)
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2014, 10:45   #30

elite*gold: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustin1337 View Post
If someone are smart, n he can do some new things, which aren't comes to psro scene, like survival arena, server without bots can keep players.
Also I played more than 2 years ago on server 125cap, it was Dreamworld Online..
Daily 400+...
It can be happen, if somebody will find a clever head master.
but a really awesome game master on silkroad not even born yet, so **** it 8)