Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Requirement for cap 100

Discussion on Requirement for cap 100 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 03/25/2014, 17:34   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,016
Endgame content just became that important because of all those crappy pservers with their rates. And the community, oh hell, they just became spoiled rabbits with that. Questing/grinding/leveling just became irrelevant or lets call it "botrelevant"...
So what to do with a spoiled rabbit?
You gotta give him the food and the comfort he needs...and what is the food/comfort compared to sro ?

He needs rates which will get him fastly to the endgame content...(yea, there we are again, the endgame content..)
He needs free stuff, you might said earlier that you wont add any free stuff, but it will break ur neck, it will make your server look like pay2play (no need to discuss about that topic 'pay2play' since it will end up in nothing). It is simply proved by other servers and this stupid community.
He needs special features which stings out from others.
You gotta give him the nostalgia feeling of the major attraction, the jobbing.

So, nowadays, the endgame content is the corn of a successful server. And how you gonna make it, is your recipe/your key of success.
Old 03/25/2014, 19:00   #17

If you plan on making it CHN-only, remove debuffs. If not, don't change anything. I mean, old is gold after all. And yes, that includes rates as well.
Old 03/25/2014, 19:30   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun4joke View Post
If you plan on making it CHN-only, remove debuffs. If not, don't change anything. I mean, old is gold after all. And yes, that includes rates as well.
Make sure to get the countless goldbots + 12-hour log-in times back then aswell.

Old is gold, right ; )

- You guys seem to have forgotten how the game REALLY was back then. It wasn't all that great, lol.
Old 03/25/2014, 21:44   #19

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Endgame content just became that important because of all those crappy pservers with their rates. And the community, oh hell, they just became spoiled rabbits with that. Questing/grinding/leveling just became irrelevant or lets call it "botrelevant"...
So what to do with a spoiled rabbit?
You gotta give him the food and the comfort he needs...and what is the food/comfort compared to sro ?

He needs rates which will get him fastly to the endgame content...(yea, there we are again, the endgame content..)
He needs free stuff, you might said earlier that you wont add any free stuff, but it will break ur neck, it will make your server look like pay2play (no need to discuss about that topic 'pay2play' since it will end up in nothing). It is simply proved by other servers and this stupid community.
He needs special features which stings out from others.
You gotta give him the nostalgia feeling of the major attraction, the jobbing.

So, nowadays, the endgame content is the corn of a successful server. And how you gonna make it, is your recipe/your key of success.
Not that way but it could be possibly achieved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun4joke View Post
No, it will be ch and eu (both races), also, Ive tried to balance the warrior, dagger and wizard with ch skills. bec they're truly overpowered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifillity View Post
Make sure to get the countless goldbots + 12-hour log-in times back then aswell.

Old is gold, right ; )

- You guys seem to have forgotten how the game REALLY was back then. It wasn't all that great, lol.
At least better than nowadays servers.

So, nothing new yet?
Old 03/26/2014, 19:31   #20

elite*gold: 10
Umm... my suggestion is:
1. Eu/chn - Both would be in.
2. Rate 1-5
3. No free silk
4. No coins, no other systems which weren`t in the game at that time
5. Maybe Teleport from jg to b4... maybe
6. Take Magic pop away
7. Trade/theif/hunter rate could be 5-10.
8. Dont add any idiotic glows, new items and so on...
9. Dont add sox or blue items to npc
10. Dont start with that "balancing cr*p" because if player can`t play anyway, than he/she will whine anyway.
11. Dont sell anything else except silks for $/€/£

The list would go on and on and on... But just leave the game as it is.... or as it was at 100 cap. Well.... Maybe the sun items could be removed and only sos/som would be left but its totally up to you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/26/2014, 21:31   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobu View Post
Umm... my suggestion is:
1. Eu/chn - Both would be in.
2. Rate 1-5
3. No free silk
4. No coins, no other systems which weren`t in the game at that time
5. Maybe Teleport from jg to b4... maybe
6. Take Magic pop away
7. Trade/theif/hunter rate could be 5-10.
8. Dont add any idiotic glows, new items and so on...
9. Dont add sox or blue items to npc
10. Dont start with that "balancing cr*p" because if player can`t play anyway, than he/she will whine anyway.
11. Dont sell anything else except silks for $/€/£

The list would go on and on and on... But just leave the game as it is.... or as it was at 100 cap. Well.... Maybe one sun items could be removed and only sos/som would be left but it totally up to you.
The bold items will be already applied.
About:-
4: The coins ****** wont be over used, just for making a good scenario in the gameplay.
7: Just for noticing you, it wont be that same xx rate, it will be a dynamic rate.
9: Must be added, but not for just gold.. it will require your old attire *FB* in order to get the new one.
10: ??
Old 03/27/2014, 19:14   #22

elite*gold: 10
I mean don`t take some skills away or make them less nor more powerful... also maybe remove adv. elixirs...
Old 03/27/2014, 19:43   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobu View Post
I mean don`t take some skills away or make them less nor more powerful... also maybe remove adv. elixirs...
We may remove adv. elixirs. It gives some super power to the weapon which will be useless and somehow will be overpowered.
Old 03/29/2014, 01:16   #24

So any new ****?
Old 03/29/2014, 13:25   #25

elite*gold: 185
Another head admin than you and the server might profit ^^. Advertisment, information flow, handling of problems... many things you ****** up in your last project.
Old 03/29/2014, 16:03   #26

Advertisement will be heck of big mass. also about *handling the problems* issue, we had a ****** up start so. it was totally ****** up anyway, the server will have enough supporters for mostly all of regions.

and I want to be specified, just wanna know some ideas to do in the server that actually work with cap 100. Ive done every single possible **** in my hand that actually makes the gameplay even more funnier and more epic than before. and at least, no one had our features @cap 80, and no one will have it @cap 100.
Old 04/01/2014, 06:29   #27

so, any new ****?
Old 04/01/2014, 06:45   #28

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Main Requirement: Elamidas being a different cap.... Not happening, well sucks eh?
Old 04/01/2014, 10:38   #29

Well some of what I'm about to say was already mentioned, but then again, I can't be helped

1)NO balance cr*p.Learn from Venture mistakes.I don't mind removing screen or black ress but anything that goes to editing skills DMG is a big NONO. And if you're still going to "balance" then keep your word and balance all builds. Don't you go "noo, wizzard is not for pvp" cause thats a double standard and you know it.
2)No coin system.
3)No SoX at all.If you add SoX then only weapon and make it to be like a quest.
4)Remove alchemy.Yes you heard me. Remove elixirs and stones completely.
Instead you set a max + and you put elixirs as a reward from certain quests. Same with the stones, say 40% will be earned from some kind of dungeon quest while 80% will be earned from some very hard dungeon. You can point out the cons of this system but let me point out the pros as I see them:
-gold botting will truly be useless
-no more alchemy farming
-players will build their set based on their skills/play time not on their luck/$

So gold will be useless? Pretty much since you don't have to buy 10k elixirs and bash you head against the keyboard everytime you fail.
But you could put in shops some kind of elements which can be used to grant your items a certain skin.
You can also add certain scrools like parry/attack rate/1-3% hp increase etc.
-Put last tier items hard to get and don't add SoX set/accs(only wep) cause who the hell wants to farm items all day long.

That would be all for now. I don't really search for a server cause pretty much all of them are a disgrace and are run by a herd of money hungry cockroaches that masquerade themselves as "oldschool" or "playtowin" but I just felt like I had to lay out my vision of a good sro pserver.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/01/2014, 14:34   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablaRoyal View Post
Main Requirement: Elamidas being a different cap.... Not happening, well sucks eh?
no.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayto100 View Post
Well some of what I'm about to say was already mentioned, but then again, I can't be helped

1)NO balance cr*p.Learn from Venture mistakes.I don't mind removing screen or black ress but anything that goes to editing skills DMG is a big NONO. And if you're still going to "balance" then keep your word and balance all builds. Don't you go "noo, wizzard is not for pvp" cause thats a double standard and you know it.
2)No coin system.
3)No SoX at all.If you add SoX then only weapon and make it to be like a quest.
4)Remove alchemy.Yes you heard me. Remove elixirs and stones completely.
Instead you set a max + and you put elixirs as a reward from certain quests. Same with the stones, say 40% will be earned from some kind of dungeon quest while 80% will be earned from some very hard dungeon. You can point out the cons of this system but let me point out the pros as I see them:
-gold botting will truly be useless
-no more alchemy farming
-players will build their set based on their skills/play time not on their luck/$

So gold will be useless? Pretty much since you don't have to buy 10k elixirs and bash you head against the keyboard everytime you fail.
But you could put in shops some kind of elements which can be used to grant your items a certain skin.
You can also add certain scrools like parry/attack rate/1-3% hp increase etc.
-Put last tier items hard to get and don't add SoX set/accs(only wep) cause who the hell wants to farm items all day long.

That would be all for now. I don't really search for a server cause pretty much all of them are a disgrace and are run by a herd of money hungry cockroaches that masquerade themselves as "oldschool" or "playtowin" but I just felt like I had to lay out my vision of a good sro pserver.
  1. I will just decrease the defense skills in europe a lil bit. like bless, etc.
  2. I will add *sos,moon* only for gear; *sos, moon, sun* for weapon. so we can ensure that someone will die after 1 min pvp. 'it pisses me off honestly' and for sure by a new type of quest
  3. Quite good idea.

Also if you / anybody have suggestion, you/they can write. for sro sake