Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dedicated server recommendations?

Discussion on Dedicated server recommendations? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 03/04/2014, 22:19   #16

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
OVH is decent, they got a datacenter 1h from my house but I'm still not using them

Hyperfilter is so popular because they cater towards the sro community, they actively add features for pserver owners like the ip spoofing files, some exploit fixes, etc...
Really?

Thats kinda cool that they do that... but could be problematic...
Old 03/05/2014, 11:03   #17

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlock View Post
Really?

Thats kinda cool that they do that... but could be problematic...
it's mildly disturbing
Old 03/05/2014, 16:38   #18

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
If you're a beginner, you shouldn't open a server.
With my full respect , you're not the one who decides decisions for me. I was trying to prove a point if the vps machines are quiet good enough for beginners or they are not.
Old 03/05/2014, 16:42   #19

My recommendation would not to go for OVH themself, but to go to another reseller for them, since OVH has very crappy support.

Best case scenario would be to get a German server(Not from Contabo) and buy a reverse proxy that has protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustin1337 View Post
With my full respect , you're not the one who decides decisions for me. I was trying to prove a point if the vps machines are quiet good enough for beginners or they are not.
VPS are *****, VDS are good to host servers.

VPS are shared on everything.
VDS are like a dedicated server but build to be hosted from another computer.
Old 03/05/2014, 17:13   #20

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by radde94 View Post
My recommendation would not to go for OVH themself, but to go to another reseller for them, since OVH has very crappy support.

Best case scenario would be to get a German server(Not from Contabo) and buy a reverse proxy that has protection.

VPS are *****, VDS are good to host servers.

VPS are shared on everything.
VDS are like a dedicated server but build to be hosted from another computer.
Why would you go with an ovh reseller? They will have worse support than ovh, do you think they actually have their own staff in the ovh datacenter? no, if you ask them to do something, they'll simply ask ovh themselves, thus it will only take longer...

Also, a vds is completely the same as a vps, it's just a marketing term...
Old 03/05/2014, 19:08   #21

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,130
Quote:
Let me rephrase that for him...

If your a begginer, dont open a public server unless you enjoy being hated and stressed.
Old 03/06/2014, 02:16   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlock View Post
Let me rephrase that for him...

If your a begginer, dont open a public server unless you enjoy being hated and stressed.
Thanks that was very helpful though. Now i wish both of you get my point of view I was trying to give some answers to lot of newbies around
Old 03/06/2014, 02:22   #23

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Quote:
Thanks that was very helpful though. Now i wish both of you get my point of view I was trying to give some answers to lot of newbies around
I apologize if you've misunderstood me. I didnt really mean what do you think! I only meant that opening such private server requires hours and hours of managing and developing. that's why I'm not alone in ma troy's team. also I don't think any old famous server was handled alone! [except few]
Old 03/06/2014, 02:24   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
I apologize if you've misunderstood me. I didnt really mean what do you think! I only meant that opening such private server requires hours and hours of managing and developing. that's why I'm not alone in ma troy's team. also I don't think any old famous server was handled alone! [except few]
Exactly , if you cant manage to keep your server online/protected then don't go for it. And Of course it requires more than one person to manage a game server in order to introduce a smoothing game-play.
Old 03/06/2014, 07:20   #25

Nope, you got that one wrong. One person is capable of delivering a stable server with an amazing gameplay if he knows what to do.