Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ya'll whine bout pay2win

Discussion on Ya'll whine bout pay2win within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 01/06/2014, 00:33   #31

elite*gold: 0
My english not enough to understand this thread/comments im sorry , talk without me
Old 01/06/2014, 03:15   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyLgD View Post
Remove literally everything from item mall besides avatars.
Those reverses give advantage at server start for people that charge silk , same with grabpets as you dont have to pick **** by yourself , if the only thing you could buy in item mall was avatars it would barely end up in a pay2win, also make the prices of it higher , not too much but so you'd still keep getting enough money for server and its issues.
It would be something like LoL for example , you can mostly buy just skins here , no extra potions or inventory slots , no reverses , just a better look in game.

P.S This idea is not for people that want to pull out a ton of money from the server ,its for those that want to satisfy whole server , and cap is your decision ofcourse.
Thoughts?
Well it's kinda hard to get like 300-400€ with just Avatars. Since u'll need to pay Root and DDOS Protecting. So u'll may need to do it without ddos protect.
Old 01/11/2014, 12:53   #33

i really like how you thinking i maybe gonna use some of this ideas.
Old 01/11/2014, 19:38   #34

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by clericakar View Post
My english not enough to understand this thread/comments im sorry , talk without me
If all you'd say in every thread was that, i'd be so much happier.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/12/2014, 00:01   #35

You're not going to support a server with only avatar suites. On the other hand, you could still sell other items without it being pay-to-win. In fact, you could sell almost any item without it being pay-to-win(excluding armours and the likes, of course), as long as you have a legitimate way for free players to obtain the same items.

A good solution is to simply make them available in-game, but in a way that can't be botted. I'd think quest similar to inventory expansion and blue zerk work quite well, seeing as nobody likes to do them. The rewards should, of course, be bound to the character.

A better solution is a "silk-trader", allowing silks to be traded directly between players. This allows the game to be "truly-f2p", as even though people can pay for an advantage, any player can simply earn the gold to buy silks from those willing to spend the money. The one buying silks still has an advantage, but everyone has access to the same items.

I'm not sure if the technology already exist for such a system in Silkroad, but after seeing what some of the developers here are capable of(myth, skalidor), I'm quite sure it's possible.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2014, 11:15   #36

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by exe626 View Post
You're not going to support a server with only avatar suites. On the other hand, you could still sell other items without it being pay-to-win. In fact, you could sell almost any item without it being pay-to-win(excluding armours and the likes, of course), as long as you have a legitimate way for free players to obtain the same items.

A good solution is to simply make them available in-game, but in a way that can't be botted. I'd think quest similar to inventory expansion and blue zerk work quite well, seeing as nobody likes to do them. The rewards should, of course, be bound to the character.

A better solution is a "silk-trader", allowing silks to be traded directly between players. This allows the game to be "truly-f2p", as even though people can pay for an advantage, any player can simply earn the gold to buy silks from those willing to spend the money. The one buying silks still has an advantage, but everyone has access to the same items.

I'm not sure if the technology already exist for such a system in Silkroad, but after seeing what some of the developers here are capable of(myth, skalidor), I'm quite sure it's possible.
making silk(/silk items) tradeable is almost impossible, as this community is rotten beyond saving; people would simply charge silk, sell it, then chargeback and there is nothing you can do about it (unless you only accept cash payments or phone payments, which is not a realistic option).
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2014, 12:24   #37

I don't really get the problem though. People spending silk will get a small advantage - it should be like that, it's like that in almost every game. Keep the premium stats 5%, remove devil spirit and donators won't have a huge advantage over non-donators. You could add some ways to get those premiums/avatars through a quest system (anything really, uniques, some grindspots with buffed mobs), too, as stated above.

jkqwercqwlerjc I really don't get the problem, just don't join servers which sell sun+21341234 weapons and premiums with +666% to all stats.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2014, 14:08   #38

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifillity View Post
I don't really get the problem though. People spending silk will get a small advantage - it should be like that, it's like that in almost every game. Keep the premium stats 5%, remove devil spirit and donators won't have a huge advantage over non-donators. You could add some ways to get those premiums/avatars through a quest system (anything really, uniques, some grindspots with buffed mobs), too, as stated above.

jkqwercqwlerjc I really don't get the problem, just don't join servers which sell sun+21341234 weapons and premiums with +666% to all stats.
The advantage should be minimal (as you said) maybe a speed increase, parry increase and some other **** - Not buying silk -> making 15b from silk items -> buy OP set.. that's pay2win
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2014, 15:46   #39

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:

If theres no free avatars people complain that the 5/5% damage abs/inc is OP and server is pay2win.
People complain that free avatars look like ****.
argument invalid.
Old 01/12/2014, 15:54   #40

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
If theres no free avatars people complain that the 5/5% damage abs/inc is OP and server is pay2win.
People complain that free avatars look like ****.
argument invalid.
You forgot to mention they'll always say the owners are greedy if they let avatars be obtained only by donations.
Old 01/12/2014, 16:00   #41

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
You forgot to mention they'll always say the owners are greedy if they let avatars be obtained only by donations.
they'll always say the owners are greedy, even if you didn't accept donations
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2014, 16:34   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
they'll always say the owners are greedy, even if you didn't accept donations
cant pay for premium? you corrupted : S
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2014, 16:35   #43

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Someone killed a unique before you found it? Uniques are bugged :S
Old 01/12/2014, 16:53   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Someone killed a unique before you found it? Uniques are bugged :S
LOL +9 SPEAR HE HACKER :S fix exploit pls GM
Old 01/12/2014, 16:54   #45

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
>Global
im quit serw *** gm **** hack my acont fayled alchmi +8 imposebel **** moaider BB
>Commence ragequit bandwagon