Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 01:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

The right way to make a successful advertising thread, bringing more players

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The right way to make a successful advertising thread, bringing more players

I know that there is already a thread called [Guide] Make an Advertising thread, but there you can see the rules, creating thread against getting your thread deleted. Im not sure where i should post that thread so im posting it here.

Nobody is perfect but ive tried to give some experience to unexperienced newbie server's owners.
I see that the only connection between players and your server is the advertising thread, which should be perfect cuz more players depends on it.

Well, I think that all the details in your advertising thread are important and usually is a way to show the server's unprofessionalism.
There is no elitepvpers users who care about your server after they see your bad thread, the first look is the most important thing here. The better thread will bring you more players ingame.

We will start with the first look. Let me show you what i see when im opening a new server advertising thread:

OK here we see 3 things: advertising thread title , the thread owner's avatar and his ID.

1.Advertising thread title: Your server's name shouldnt include SRO. In the early time when the servers files just got released every single server was with that word in the name. Well now that word became a way, showing you unprofessionalism. The thread title should include your most important server edits which makes your server better than the others around here. You can use sentences like Amazing Features! or etc.

2.The thread owner's avatar: Your avatar giving so much information. If you are kid or turk, try to hide that. Well there are much turks in silkroad but most of them are kids. The elitepvpers users wont stay here to read your thread if they already see who is managing this server.

3.Your elitepvpers ID: Well, your Id is not so important but if you used to be a noob with this ID the players may see that when they click Find all threads/posts started by your ID.

After we see your avatar, id and title the next thing what we must see is the server's logo. Some text showing that ur server is better than the others will be good too. Maybe smth like that : We spent months of coding to bring you amazing gameplay and make one of the best servers. The opening date is required.

You shouldnt use big font sizes or caps lock. You must make scheme of the things, that your thread will include. After the logo and text you must have link for you webpage(maybe your skype or e-mail too). All the time you must use perfect english(thats the easiest way to see if you are not good enough to be server's owner). Will be good if you use spoilers when you post screenshots. Also you must choose good text color. This is an example of bad text color:

Now i will show you how to plan successfuly what to wrtie in your thread(every single point should have title):

Before you start you can make site map, using this code[*][ANCHOR LINK="General"]General features[/ANCHOR LINK] (When you click General features it will move you to a part of your thread.)
Then you must post that [ANCHOR ]General[/ANCHOR ] to set up the place where you will be moved by pressing General features.
Delete the spaces between ANCHOR and LINK and ANCHOR and ] to get it working.

1. As first you must write your general details.

Exp, sp gold rate
Avalable races
Mastery limit
Ip limit
Alchemy rates

2. As 2nd you must write the things you have changed in your server.

Skill edits
Fortress war time
etc

3. As 3rd you must write the things you have added in your server(systems).
IF you have silk by hour system this is the place where u should add that.

4. As 4rd you must write the events(Well some servers dont have GMs ingame, which makes the friendship of donators and GMs impossible, which is good tactic too).

5. Now you can post the "To do list". Everyone will like to see a server with a future.

6. Then you can post the server's team. If you are the server owner be careful. Your team ingame names should not show where they are from. Same nationality players will try to speak they own language with the Gms, trying to to create friendship with them and push them to corruption.

7. If you have server's trailer you can post it here.

As the end you must give thanks to the elitepvp users who spent time for reading this thread(like im gonna do).

After we read the whole thread the thing what we see is the creator signature. Well there you should not have things that show you are kid or turk too, better put there advertisement which links to the thread or the webpage.
After you finish your thread you will post comments or you will answer comments. You must write them like you are speaking from the name of a company. Trolling or joking comments dont speak good about you as game owner.

Ive made that thread cuz i have enough time for shits. Nobody is perfect but ive tried to give some experience to unexperienced newbie server's owners.
I see that the only connection between players and your server is the advertising thread, which should be perfect cuz more players depends on it.

I was planing to add screenshots in this thread but it took too much time. Anyway I have the strange feeling that no1 will spent time to read my thread.
Well if you spent the time Thanks for reading !

Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/30/2013, 15:29   #2

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,423
This thread should be closed.

Old 06/30/2013, 15:39   #3

Ops i miss smth. If you want to have a professional webpage look buy the template from Phoenix 1337
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/30/2013, 16:04   #4

#Request to be sticked

Old 06/30/2013, 19:29   #5
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 5,905

also, wrong section
#closed

Thanks