Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 10:19

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


Is there any point in old servers returning?

Reply
 
Old   #1


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,065
Received Thanks: 3,626
Is there any point in old servers returning?

Yup, that's right it's Saturday, I've got my beers, and I thought I'd do my usual discussion thread


Is there really any point in old gold private servers such as ECSRO, SJSRO and even MHTC returning any more, since there are so many other competitors out there now? In my opinion, not being bias, but yes, there is a point. Why? Because even though there may be 300,000 other servers, players would still join there just to reminisce of the old times.

What's your thoughts & opinions?



Callum is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 20:52   #2
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,145
Received Thanks: 1,552
Nope, these servers wouldn't stand a chance. They were popular because these were the only alternative to the official servers.

Take ZSZC Aurora, or whatever their name was for an example. When vSRO files were released, Ocean's vSRO server was almost dead, and it was opened relatively soon after these files were released.


Haze* is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 20:54   #3


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,065
Received Thanks: 3,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
Nope, these servers wouldn't stand a chance. They were popular because these were the only alternative to the official servers.
But then again, if you had a different mind state, it doesn't matter if they had "10000x XP" or "FREE SILK".. Wouldn't it still be good to visit ex-veteran players and what not?
Callum is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 21:05   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,262
Received Thanks: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
But then again, if you had a different mind state, it doesn't matter if they had "10000x XP" or "FREE SILK".. Wouldn't it still be good to visit ex-veteran players and what not?
If youd pull the ZSZC database a couple of days after it was launched, could be interesting, but then again who the hell remembers their login details from a server they played 3 years ago.

The most important thing that would bring it back is monopoly.


Qynchou is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 21:14   #5
Chat Killer In Duty

 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,439
Received Thanks: 5,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
If youd pull the ZSZC database a couple of days after it was launched, could be interesting, but then again who the hell remembers their login details from a server they played 3 years ago.

The most important thing that would bring it back is monopoly.
I do remember mine but stupid gonefishin banned me cuz i bought Silks($20) and he never gave me them, I told him where they where? and he just kicked me and banned me. Reason: annoying
PortalDark is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 21:15   #6


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,065
Received Thanks: 3,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
I do remember mine but stupid gonefishin banned me cuz i bought Silks($20) and he never gave me them, I told him where they where? and he just kicked me and banned me. Reason: annoying
He had an eye for people moaning about missing items
Callum is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/04/2013, 21:22   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,216
Received Thanks: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
I do remember mine but stupid gonefishin banned me cuz i bought Silks($20) and he never gave me them, I told him where they where? and he just kicked me and banned me. Reason: annoying
i got banned for selling an item over priced

OT:
No it wont worth it
_HouseMusicx3 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2013, 21:27   #8
Chat Killer In Duty

 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,439
Received Thanks: 5,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by _HouseMusicx3 View Post
i got banned for selling an item over priced

OT:
No it wont worth it
I remember a case of he banning people because they got a SoX item and since he didnt want to create a GM log of creating them and selling, he demanded to give the SoX items to sell them
PortalDark is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 21:34   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,775
Received Thanks: 1,449
No, if any of those server get back it will not stand for one week

What was special about MHTC,Ecsro,sjsro,esro is that they was the only servers out there and players had no choices ..so they considered as beast servers
but now with hundreds of servers that available with better features .. NO.
Haxor is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 21:35   #10
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,145
Received Thanks: 1,552
GoneFishin was a ***** abusing his powers. Hate that ***.
Haze* is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 21:38   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,439
Received Thanks: 5,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
GoneFishin was a ***** abusing his powers. Hate that ***.
Well, being the GM/admins of 1 of the 3 SRO networks on that time was alot of responsabilty, specially if he was a ****
PortalDark is offline  
Old 05/04/2013, 21:59   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 407
Received Thanks: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
Well, being the GM/admins of 1 of the 3 SRO networks on that time was alot of responsabilty, specially if he was a ****
Yeye
DaSroFreak is offline  
Old 05/05/2013, 00:44   #13


 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,065
Received Thanks: 3,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
Well, being the GM/admins of 1 of the 3 SRO networks on that time was alot of responsabilty, specially if he was a ****
Being a GM in those times was like being a GM on isro
Callum is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/08/2013, 18:17   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 101
Received Thanks: 59
Of course working 14 hours a day at the time to answer so many questions in all sorts of languages, Loading the ZSP and items that were sold, trying to keep the egyption scammers at bay on all of my servers, dealing with religious issues from turkish and non turkish, Constant full servers. None of this means anything to any of you. None of you can imagine having all of your servers full constantly. I did the best I could considering.
TheMule is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/08/2013, 20:34   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 338
Received Thanks: 70
I think people are bored of useless grinding and that servers will be full of bots.
There is no difference between current servers, it's just a matter of botting xD

TheMule you say "working 14 hours a day" so it's work and you get revenue, you can't complain about work if you don't like it you change it. If you don't have another alternative you just continue to do it.
It's not like you do it for fun


pushipu is offline  
Reply



« Any one create ? | Any good 40-70cap server? »

Similar Threads
BlackPearl Online # 110-120 Cap Servers # New Skills # New Point System
07/04/2012 - SRO PServer Advertising - 90 Replies
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t438/GM_Shine/bp_logo.png Infinity(110 Cap) Server Information : ~Files : Old vSro Files ~Start Level : 100 ~Start Items : 10dg 100 lvl +7 set & 98+7 weapon (for easy leveling) ~Start SP : 2m ~Exp/SP Rate : 80x
[FS] FREESTYLE street Basketball 3 Point, Rebound, and 2 point Hack
06/11/2012 - General Gaming Discussion - 133 Replies
My cousin was just hired as product manager for levelup philippines, he says the team for freestyle philippines knows all the available hacks and cheats, including the: 1. 3 point hack 2. rebound hack 3. and he even told me theres a 2 point hack they need to know these hacks for them to solve it. i will share these hacks and cheats in a little while.



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:19.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.