Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is there any point in old servers returning?

Discussion on Is there any point in old servers returning? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,765
Is there any point in old servers returning?

Yup, that's right it's Saturday, I've got my beers, and I thought I'd do my usual discussion thread

Is there really any point in old gold private servers such as ECSRO, SJSRO and even MHTC returning any more, since there are so many other competitors out there now? In my opinion, not being bias, but yes, there is a point. Why? Because even though there may be 300,000 other servers, players would still join there just to reminisce of the old times.

What's your thoughts & opinions?
Old 05/04/2013, 20:52   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,560
Nope, these servers wouldn't stand a chance. They were popular because these were the only alternative to the official servers.

Take ZSZC Aurora, or whatever their name was for an example. When vSRO files were released, Ocean's vSRO server was almost dead, and it was opened relatively soon after these files were released.
Old 05/04/2013, 20:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
Nope, these servers wouldn't stand a chance. They were popular because these were the only alternative to the official servers.
But then again, if you had a different mind state, it doesn't matter if they had "10000x XP" or "FREE SILK".. Wouldn't it still be good to visit ex-veteran players and what not?
Old 05/04/2013, 21:05   #4

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
But then again, if you had a different mind state, it doesn't matter if they had "10000x XP" or "FREE SILK".. Wouldn't it still be good to visit ex-veteran players and what not?
If youd pull the ZSZC database a couple of days after it was launched, could be interesting, but then again who the hell remembers their login details from a server they played 3 years ago.

The most important thing that would bring it back is monopoly.
Old 05/04/2013, 21:14   #5
Chat Killer In Duty

Received Thanks: 6,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
If youd pull the ZSZC database a couple of days after it was launched, could be interesting, but then again who the hell remembers their login details from a server they played 3 years ago.

The most important thing that would bring it back is monopoly.
I do remember mine but stupid gonefishin banned me cuz i bought Silks($20) and he never gave me them, I told him where they where? and he just kicked me and banned me. Reason: annoying
Old 05/04/2013, 21:15   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
I do remember mine but stupid gonefishin banned me cuz i bought Silks($20) and he never gave me them, I told him where they where? and he just kicked me and banned me. Reason: annoying
He had an eye for people moaning about missing items
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/04/2013, 21:22   #7

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 5,306
Quote:
i got banned for selling an item over priced

OT:
No it wont worth it
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2013, 21:27   #8
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _HouseMusicx3 View Post
i got banned for selling an item over priced

OT:
No it wont worth it
I remember a case of he banning people because they got a SoX item and since he didnt want to create a GM log of creating them and selling, he demanded to give the SoX items to sell them
Old 05/04/2013, 21:34   #9

Received Thanks: 1,455
No, if any of those server get back it will not stand for one week

What was special about MHTC,Ecsro,sjsro,esro is that they was the only servers out there and players had no choices ..so they considered as beast servers
but now with hundreds of servers that available with better features .. NO.
Old 05/04/2013, 21:35   #10

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,560
GoneFishin was a ***** abusing his powers. Hate that ***.
Old 05/04/2013, 21:38   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
GoneFishin was a ***** abusing his powers. Hate that ***.
Well, being the GM/admins of 1 of the 3 SRO networks on that time was alot of responsabilty, specially if he was a ****
Old 05/04/2013, 21:59   #12

Quote:
Well, being the GM/admins of 1 of the 3 SRO networks on that time was alot of responsabilty, specially if he was a ****
Yeye
Old 05/05/2013, 00:44   #13

Quote:
Being a GM in those times was like being a GM on isro
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/08/2013, 18:17   #14

Of course working 14 hours a day at the time to answer so many questions in all sorts of languages, Loading the ZSP and items that were sold, trying to keep the egyption scammers at bay on all of my servers, dealing with religious issues from turkish and non turkish, Constant full servers. None of this means anything to any of you. None of you can imagine having all of your servers full constantly. I did the best I could considering.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/08/2013, 20:34   #15

I think people are bored of useless grinding and that servers will be full of bots.
There is no difference between current servers, it's just a matter of botting xD

TheMule you say "working 14 hours a day" so it's work and you get revenue, you can't complain about work if you don't like it you change it. If you don't have another alternative you just continue to do it.
It's not like you do it for fun