Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

JoyMax will stop developing Silkroad?

Discussion on JoyMax will stop developing Silkroad? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
JoyMax will stop developing Silkroad?

As you know, and maybe some guys who do not know.Russian Silkroad is gonna close in a few days. Joymax won't support any more Russian Silkroad \ Update.

The answer to Russian Silkroad from JoyMax

Quote:
As you probably know, the smartphone market is growing very rapidly and the trend game industry in Korea focuses on mobile games. In this regard, and from that moment, the center of the development of SRO Joymax will be engaged in games for mobile devices, instead of continuing to produce content related to the SRO.
So..Joymax want to stop developing Silkroad?

Post from silkroad.ru

Quote:
Dear players!

The world of Silkroad Online has undergone many changes since the introduction of the game. Many change to please us, but some worry.
Today, unfortunately, we have to tell you the bad news. Company Joymax, which develops the game Silkroad Online, suspend work on the project in terms of production and adaptation of new updates, and stops supporting previously released updates for the Russian version of the game.

On our side, every effort was made to continue the renovation work and the support of the Russian version of the game Silkroad Online. Together with Joymax approved a plan of work for a year and almost everything was ready to release the first update this year. But, unfortunately, came the decision Joymax and we could not convince them to change anything. Solution to our foreign partners to stop work on the project is final.

We quoted from the official letter Joymax:

"As you probably know, the smartphone market is growing very rapidly and the trend game industry in Korea focuses on mobile games. In this regard, and from that moment, the center of the development of SRO Joymax will be engaged in games for mobile devices, instead of continuing to produce content related to the SRO. "

We hope for understanding and thank you for your support.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/09/2013, 14:52   #2

pservers ****** everything^^
Thanks
14 Users
Old 04/09/2013, 14:53   #3

elite*gold: 200
R.I.P Joymax.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2013, 15:39   #4

gg.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2013, 15:54   #5

Received Thanks: 1,455
R.I.P joymax
Anyway this will be better to pservers since all players may move to pservers
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/09/2013, 16:01   #6

Lol you guys misunderstand it.^^ RSRO won't get any new updates from now on, but it won't close. (Maybe it will close in a few months, because no new updates -> players leave.) ISRO, CSRO, KSRO, JSRO, TWSRO, VSRO will still get new updates and won't close.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2013, 16:02   #7

I don't think Pserver will have to suffer from this, they will just win. Only official players will be disappointed.

And nice move from Mail.ru who sold Russian Silkroad this January, they knew it lol.
Old 04/09/2013, 16:24   #8

Received Thanks: 2,330
I doubt RSRO will actually close.
Old 04/09/2013, 16:49   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lyka View Post
So..Joymax want to stop developing Silkroad?
Yes, it was nice game
Old 04/09/2013, 16:57   #10

Silkroad 2 for android is coming xD
Old 04/09/2013, 17:05   #11

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
We're ******

although, silkroad on mobile would be better & easier.
Old 04/09/2013, 17:16   #12

Received Thanks: 1,455
^
I really doubt that Silkroad for mobile will come in the near future.
Old 04/09/2013, 17:21   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ™Haxor™ View Post
^
I really doubt that Silkroad for mobile will come in the near future.
Grand theft auto its already made for android.
So why SRO shouldnt come out?
Just need someone who is able to code very good in android systems.
Old 04/09/2013, 17:49   #14
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by A new hope View Post
Lol you guys misunderstand it.^^ RSRO won't get any new updates from now on, but it won't close. (Maybe it will close in a few months, because no new updates -> players leave.) ISRO, CSRO, KSRO, JSRO, TWSRO, VSRO will still get new updates and won't close.
I reported this to JohnHeatz(an editor here)
he translated the rSRO notice and it is a contract rupture with rSRO ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSroFreak View Post
Grand theft auto its already made for android.
So why SRO shouldnt come out?
Just need someone who is able to code very good in android systems.
the problem is that everybody thinks mobile market is the future
Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo(and thrid party devs) have prove that this is not true
there must exist both markets, not just one
Old 04/09/2013, 18:22   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
I reported this to JohnHeatz(an editor here)
he translated the rSRO notice and it is a contract rupture with rSRO ONLY
Russia is a big part of the world, closing rsro for me clearly mean joymax is going to close silkroad at all, also why they would keep this game alife?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
the problem is that everybody thinks mobile market is the future
Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo(and thrid party devs) have prove that this is not true
there must exist both markets, not just one
They just follow easy money, but in long term they will lose more and more on that attitude, its already happen. They are losing money and they wont take in mind that they have to make innovative and good quality games to raise profits, they just keep looking for another ways to get some easy money(look at EA). That shit will end up soon because those idiots will bankrupt.

We have no really good games to play thats why we are sitting here whining about old sro game is dying.

Sony, microsoft, nintendo would be first to bankrupt if they wont invest in creative and innovative games. Refreshing 30 times same MARIO shit isnt a good way to survive dont you think?