Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Silkroad Server In Real and Virtual Machine

Discussion on Silkroad Server In Real and Virtual Machine within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Silkroad Server In Real and Virtual Machine

Hello,

Today i try to run my second gameserver at a Virtual Box () but i failed.

At the moment i try with bridge connection and the basic configuration of a normal certification module.
I can open MachineManager in the virtualbox machine but it connects and disconnects every second.
I mean connect-disconnect-connect-disconnect- [...] (without crashing)

I search around elitepvpers and i didn´t find any post who says what we have to do to success.

So ... If somebody knows how to configure the virtual machine network and certification in the real machine, please share it or help us to find a correct configuration.

Thanks in advance,
T
Old 03/24/2013, 21:59   #2

Received Thanks: 2,010
did you assign a real ip to the virtual adaptor or are you using NAT?
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2013, 22:16   #3

I use NAT and bridge connection.
I have a second ip without use.
How can i configure it properly ?

Thanks for answer
Old 03/24/2013, 22:22   #4

Quote:
I can open MachineManager in the virtualbox machine but it connects and disconnects every second.
I mean connect-disconnect-connect-disconnect- [...] (without crashing)
I had this problem before, but I'm not sure how to fix it. It's a firewall related problem if I remember correctly. But you need to use bridged connection for sure.
I ran 3 servers on one dedicated a year agp, all 3 servers with 2 agent and 2 GS.

Disable the firewall on the dedicated and in the virtual machine for a second, and try it. I think it won't disconnect.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2013, 22:26   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A new hope View Post
I had this problem before, but I'm not sure how to fix it. It's a firewall related problem if I remember correctly. But you need to use bridged connection for sure.
I ran 3 servers on one dedicated a year agp, all 3 servers with 2 agent and 2 GS.
I already disable all the firewalls(virtual and real) for testing purpose and still the problem

What ip does you put in the certification for the second machine ? 10.0.X or the ip of the real machine ? Or do you add an extra ip ?

Thanks
Old 03/25/2013, 00:29   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazdingo7 View Post
What ip does you put in the certification for the second machine ? 10.0.X or the ip of the real machine ? Or do you add an extra ip ?
You need to buy extra IPs from the host, and assign it to the virtual machine in bridged mode. and put that IP in srnodetype.
Old 03/25/2013, 01:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by A new hope View Post
You need to buy extra IPs from the host, and assign it to the virtual machine in bridged mode. and put that IP in srnodetype.
I have an extra IP ready

And how i can assign it ?
I have to add the new ip in the same adapter of the original one and then add a bridge adapter in the config of virtual box ? I do that and still show the first IP (without internet connection)