Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What you think is the future of private silkroad servers

Discussion on What you think is the future of private silkroad servers within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 03/13/2013, 21:39   #31

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAmStiel View Post
Why did you even comment on the quotes, you simply repeated everything I've said, haha. I already knew that you're running rapidly out of words but this time you seriously outdone yourself.

YOU are spreading the false information that we had to leave due to our lack of money to pay the bills even tho there wasn't ever an agreement to that. Why would the developers pay the bills for someone that barely manages a "network" - your assumptions are truly hilarious.
YOU are the "project starter" as you pointed it out in your silly network invitation brief - you even pointed out in it that "There's a lot of money so don't worry" and especially that you've earned thousands of dollar thru GlorySRO and OverLimit. If you keep talking unfunded nonsense I'll be indeed willing to post some quotes and screenshots of it, and keep in mind that I'm not the only one who knows about it.

Now make up your own arguments goddamnit, we're not in a recycling factory.

@OT: Some servers are already quite nice and well-organized, also concerning to player care, yet they lack of players.
Post the quotes so the idiots who keep going to his servers realize that he will just close and reopen another just to make $$$. I remember when overlimit (now something else) server opened he denied with passion about being involved with glorysro when it was so obvious.
Old 03/13/2013, 22:00   #32

Received Thanks: 1,320
Based on the venture trailer, I honestly see nothing special at all. He kills one trader and few mobs, like we havn't done that before.
What I need in order to join a silkroad private server:
- Active party matching (Many active eu parties, unique hunting and more).
- Nice community & Active (No goldbots, no 5x bots/player).
- Acceptable rates, should not take to fast to reach max level.
- Active endgame content.
- No over edits.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/13/2013, 22:04   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushipu View Post
Yes and Yes, SRO will be the next Mu online with spots for wizz.
Reborn system is the most retarded thing ever introduced to SRO (even more retarded than ADV elixirs +4). The game is already unbalanced enough, and the reborn system only makes it worse. Wizard can be made viable by different means. Wizards were viable on Salvation. Almost every build there was balanced (exception were warriors and rogues, but they were less OP than they are on the other servers).

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty* View Post
- No over edits.
These two things kinda contradict each other. You have to edit a lot of things to have a lot of endgame content.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2013, 12:47   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartic View Post
Reborn system is the most retarded thing ever introduced to SRO (even more retarded than ADV elixirs +4). The game is already unbalanced enough, and the reborn system only makes it worse. Wizard can be made viable by different means. Wizards were viable on Salvation. Almost every build there was balanced (exception were warriors and rogues, but they were less OP than they are on the other servers).

Edit:

These two things kinda contradict each other. You have to edit a lot of things to have a lot of endgame content.
Endgame content;
Active PvP (Battle arena, pvp outside towns, fortress war).
Triangle system (Hunters, Traders vs Thieves) High level thieves shouldn't be able to attack low level traders, hunters and vice versa.
Map bosses (Very hard bosses which drops nice items).

Then ofcourse you could add something like Quest chains which are hard to complete and takes alot of time, and at the end you will get a nice reward (Title, Special pots or whatever). Content just to keep players busy and preventing them from quitting.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2013, 12:58   #35

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Based on the venture trailer, I honestly see nothing special at all. He kills one trader and few mobs, like we havn't done that before.
- No over edits.
Yeah, I didnt show anything, I never made a trailer for Venture, yet.

Even though on the things you just said, will be funny to see you running over here.

@up

oh good lord now I even got a better feeling about it lol
Old 03/14/2013, 15:45   #36

Same **** as now.
New servers will come, and within a month or 2 they'll be down.
Old 03/14/2013, 15:55   #37

Quote:
Endgame content;
Active PvP (Battle arena, pvp outside towns, fortress war).
Triangle system (Hunters, Traders vs Thieves) High level thieves shouldn't be able to attack low level traders, hunters and vice versa.
Map bosses (Very hard bosses which drops nice items).

Then ofcourse you could add something like Quest chains which are hard to complete and takes alot of time, and at the end you will get a nice reward (Title, Special pots or whatever). Content just to keep players busy and preventing them from quitting.
PvP part - I agree with you.
Active jobbing - The only server that had really (and I mean really) active jobbing was Salvation, as far as I know. I've heard that jobbing is active on Revelation SRO (jSRO files server, I believe).
Map bosses - Again, I totally agree with you.
The problem is, 90% of the community wants to get the best gear and everything as soon as possible, and they don't even think that they'll be bored when they get everything they can.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2013, 16:38   #38

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
- No over edits.
excuse the words of my colleague, he seems a little bit too eager on spreading the word

Either way, you should keep in mind that a trailer is simply a trailer, you can see it more like a teaser showing some of the work we're currently doing to the rest of the world.

Our aim is completely focused on making SRO how we would enjoy to play it. For me personally, I think the triangular conflict system is what makes silkroad, well, silkroad.

There are a couple of ways to make an enjoyable sro server, and what you listed is close to what we believe is one of these.

About over edits, I personally almost puke when I see some of the edits done by the pservers lately (no offense of course, I guess it's just a matter of taste) and I do not really like editing the silkroad mechanics, because I love it how it currently is, but it's a fact that you can't really have endgame content, when there is no endgame content in the original silkroad, this is quite obvious. So I do believe that edits are the way to go, but of course like you should do with anything, by not overdoing it.
Old 03/14/2013, 16:50   #39

My opinion on the trailer wasn't supposted to offend or harass anyone.
I'd like to know more about the server tho. But you'll see me at the server time, hopefully
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2013, 17:01   #40

Quote:
- No over edits.
I completely agree with this 110%. And this is exactly what I am trying to do. I dont have very good marketing on my side, but I have a couple dedicated hosts (not VPS either) and a couple rigs of my own at home if need be.

Im trying to build a decent community and have been open for about a month now. Once we grow, and I hope we do there is plenty of end game content. The only problem is I am basically operating by myself. Money is always an issue, there are server costs of course. But this is not my only job and can certainly finance it. Its disappointing to me to see, like you all say, such a massive amount of servers out there. Not to mention the servers with the larger populations offering absolutely ridiculous features like rebirth and 13/14D on 120 cap.

My goal is to have two servers running balanced and fun, 80 and 110 cap ( voted most popular ). Anything can be accomplished in game for free, with patience. Donation is simple a boost.
Old 03/14/2013, 20:28   #41

Received Thanks: 1,455
To the successful server must be those things:
* High quality members that if you pm them asking for anything they reply you
* a staff that know how to deal with a server and how to make update etc
* A friendly staff that always listen to player requests, their problems, and other things.

But servers nowadays are only focus on how to get a player but not to keep it,
Like: They open a server, and post the server on epvp, they get a players, but after some time they realize that they cant handle them,(And after 1-2 months server is closed for some reason).

The future i believe is not by vsro files or blackrouge files etc.. But the future is an emulator,But the problems that there no resources for a beast emulator.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/14/2013, 23:05   #42

There was something special in this game that kept me playing even goldbots, crowded server and low rates didn't take away the fun i had in this game. There were not many things to do in ''end game''.

I don't find that special thing in any sro version.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2013, 23:13   #43

Future of private sro servers are in the grave. Some things belong to the past, and traditional sro are one of those things. Private sro servers are based on compiled files that makes serious mods impossible. Without source you can't make interesting quests and deep game changes which are needed.

Thats what you guys actually trying to do :

As you can see it wont work...

So...
SILKROAD? It's dead, Jim.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/15/2013, 00:06   #44

p-servers will keep growing up with updates and more new items etc ... and the hackers will **** them more and more , thats the future
Old 03/15/2013, 17:46   #45

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
Future of private sro servers are in the grave. Some things belong to the past, and traditional sro are one of those things. Private sro servers are based on compiled files that makes serious mods impossible. Without source you can't make interesting quests and deep game changes which are needed.

Thats what you guys actually trying to do :

As you can see it wont work...

So...
SILKROAD? It's dead, Jim.
Youre the guy with the emulator. Its sad to see such potential go to waste. You have the coding capabilities but you got 0 imagination, sorry.