Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 14:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

What would you think about a server with emulator?Read :)

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boOoO0oris View Post
theres not a single person on this forum, or for that regard in the whole sro scene, that has the intelligence and creativity to use legit files to create new content

the only person that can do that is me, as cocky as that sounds, thats the truth.

i spoke earlier, nobody listened, so now, stay in your AIDS infected **** pit that sro scene currently is.

p.s every single pserver client is infected with viruses, just so you know.
well i think u get by wrong what he said , he just explained that with emu u can do lot of new stuff , that with sv files u cant

Old   #17
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 5,847
Quote:
theres not a single person on this forum, or for that regard in the whole sro scene, that has the intelligence and creativity to use legit files to create new content

the only person that can do that is me, as cocky as that sounds, thats the truth.

i spoke earlier, nobody listened, so now, stay in your AIDS infected **** pit that sro scene currently is.

well, some months ago i heard of a reverse project over SRO server files
i was really rooting for it, but it seems it went dead
btw, as long as the ppl says that the scene is dead, it will keep dead
IMO SRO is NOT dead.
there are a lot of things left to do, i have seen other MMO die in a private scene. SRO is at least 1 year(3 steps of what i have seen) to die
also, dont feel unique in the world. There are several ppl on SRO that are capable of doing all this. However, they dont give a **** anymore

Thanks
1 User
Old   #18

Received Thanks: 2,006
An emulator is the perfect tool for a private server, especially for silkroad. For flexibility's sake, it's the perfect choice. However developing an emulator is a really long and difficult task, and while there are only a handful of people in the sro scene who can do it, it is kind of an impossible task at the moment.

There have been quite advanced emulators in the past (eg. Grindroad, Zelos, etc...) but all projects have failed, for obvious reasons. While now it may be the perfect time to run an emulator, it would take months before one would be finished to a state comparable to the current server files, and who knows, maybe by then the complete ksro source is released making an emulator useless. To put it simply, it is a really risky gamble.

If you can find enough manpower (especially skilled) to handle a task like this, which is going to be very, very, very hard in this section, we can discuss this subject further.

For now, the emulators will stay to the current public level of SSE and pax' other stuff, which, albeit working, is not -very- good (no offense). And a private level of zelos, which has been put into the fridge for a couple of months now and was dropped by the entire team. Maybe one day we will have a decent emulator...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #19

Quote:

people "started" getting infected 1 year ago (Sometime before or after prime launched) unless this isnt the same deal (If its not then wow you have at least 3+ "famous" people on here spreading infections, 1 of them is probably the most known guy in sro community, keep sucking the "big pro" peoples dicks on here, they need it cleaned from all the times they have ****** you all hard in the *** without you knowing it.)
First client release (first vsro client) should be clean.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #20
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 5,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaGsTeR? View Post
people "started" getting infected 1 year ago (Sometime before or after prime launched) unless this isnt the same deal (If its not then wow you have at least 3+ "famous" people on here spreading infections, 1 of them is probably the most known guy in sro community, keep sucking the "big pro" peoples dicks on here, they need it cleaned from all the times they have ****** you all hard in the *** without you knowing it.)
First client release (first vsro client) should be clean.
i recall primeSRO client being infected. is that the source or they really pulled it from other places

@client
yeah, default vSRO 1.188 is clean, i checked myself, i have the original files to be sure
Old   #21

Well excuse me for bumping the thread. I have ran a world of warcraft test server in my laptop with an emulator. From what i have seen; It is much better than silkroad server files for any cases. Let me list down a bit.

1. Stability; I have ran the laptop for 8 days without a hardware nor software restart. Cpu temperatures did not exceed over 45C degrees which are almost startup temperatures. And I have not had any crash issues or anything.

2. Hardware usage; The server only uses like 700mb of ram and %10 of the cpu if there are multiple raids running at a time. In wow, server automaticly creates multiple worlds for different users if they are not in a party and going to the same raid. The worlds i am talking about are much larger than silkroad maps. And the laptop i am talking about is a 7 years old HP 530 which only has an outdated Core Duo T2400 cpu. Can`t even run google chrome smoothly. But server runs very smooth.

3. Customization; Since it is a GNU(open source) software, you can always find your answers for any type of custom thing you want to create. It has a community with people who know what they are doing.

4. Less bugs; Not maybe for a wow server. Blizzard`s original servers have very few bugs like a boss being stuck or stuff. For the emulator around %95-98 of the original game features work very well. But to compare with silkroad`s test server files. It is far better. If there would be a good community for silkroad, there would be more functional emulators than test server files.

5. It is more legal; Yes it is far more legal than using Joymax created server files. Emulators are open source softwares. The company can not sue you for using some open source files. However it is still not %100 safe. They may still find a point to claim charge.

Overall i say the server files you folks use have a very bad coding. You can always read the code and rewrite your own with changes & fixes. Yet not an emulator for sro is better than the leaked files but it can be in future...