Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

md5

Discussion on md5 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 08/11/2012, 18:08   #16
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
md5 is 85 decrypt-able if you hold a database with hashes
that's what all those website do. Normally they have the encrypt and decrypt at the same time
if you encrypt a text, they will store that text and the hash on their database, then when you look for that hash, the website will make a select on their databases looking for that hash and will return the original text
also, remember that md5 hashes are not unique
you may find that some text holds the same md5 hash, this however, is very rare to happen(i can say 1 of 10000000 times)
Old 08/11/2012, 19:10   #17

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDarky View Post
thats true, i noticed that passwords that contains only numbers/only letters are hashed otherwise no, thats why my password is always a combination between random letters and numbers.
well, if you have a database with all possible combinations in the world, having numbers behind your password wouldn't really matter, nor would anything matter. But happily the point of hashing passwords is only as an extra safety meassure in case somebody gets access to your db, and fortunatly that's not always the case...