Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] About what kind of servers succes and what kind of servers fail

Discussion on [Discussion] About what kind of servers succes and what kind of servers fail within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Discussion] About what kind of servers succes and what kind of servers fail

Yo guys, of course we all know after chernobyl released the vsro files, tons of servers were created, 90% of them failed and only 10% of them succeeded , its an open discussion about how to have a successful server, in ma opinion, the better management, the better the server is. For example, OverLimits sro got the most awesome things ever, a real job-based server with an anti-abuse system (dunn wanna talk anymore about it so it doesn't turn into an ad.) PlaySRO got nothing special at all, they only got a magnificent management, they really know how to manage a server and attract players to it. Thats why i say if the server got a proper management, it will rock.
Old 07/12/2012, 01:40   #2

for what this stupid thread did you got any server successed?
i think you are not the right person to make a trhead like this
and i dont think anyone here able to talk about fail or success.
Old 07/12/2012, 01:43   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,560
Nobody will really tell you on how to make a succesful server, why would he? It's a competition, you leak too many informations, you are the one who gets hurt.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/12/2012, 02:14   #4

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,351
Servers that opened just a few months after the release were the biggest, they had to keep the players, playsro did that if I'm right they were the only server that actually managed to d othis.
Old 07/12/2012, 02:31   #5

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717
Give the players new, selfmade, unique stuff.
Players love new, selfmade, unique stuff.

Glory
OverLimit
PlaySRO
EpicRoad
Creddy

Those servers added complete new features and got many players.
Don't just copy the mainstream. Show your creativity and people will start because they like to test out your new interesting stuff.
Old 07/12/2012, 02:50   #6

Epicroad and Overlimit didn't introduce anything new. It's was already introduced... just on less popular servers that nobody remembers. E*pvp isn't the only big source for private server advertisements, there are a LOT that you guys are missing.
Old 07/12/2012, 02:53   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Teka View Post
Give the players new, selfmade, unique stuff.
Players love new, selfmade, unique stuff.

Glory
OverLimit
PlaySRO
EpicRoad
Creddy

Those servers added complete new features and got many players.
Don't just copy the mainstream. Show your creativity and people will start because they like to test out your new interesting stuff.
You kinda said it all ,
but i really dunno whats special about EpicRoad if you except the management

For myself i think that serv's like EpicRoad or OverLimit (which i tested myself , and currently addicted to epicroad) just kickass ! It's awesome to see what can be done by editing few things , too bad that lately there are some fcktards around tryin to DDoS those great servers to get people to their , as i think not much special , server !

I personally would advise to try EpicRoad & OverLimit out , especially EpicRoad since they ordered more DDoS Protection and will prolly not have anymore dificulties
Old 07/12/2012, 03:18   #8

Wanna make a successful server ? don't make it a 110-120-130 cap pvp one.
but really try creating a server that's not overdone like a 100 cap pvp or a 90 cap pvp or a job based 80 cap server which is like based on anything but vsro files.
IMO ZSZC/ECSRO modified/bug free files are better than vsro w/ lots of edits.
EpicRoad 80 Cap PVP is great as an idea but u know 80 cap pvp is just not compatible with vsro files.
While their 90 cap PVE one is just epic w/ its edits and new features cause it suits the files.
on the other hand,Control Online *(80 cap pvp as well) which was a 1 day server but based on ZSZC/ECSRO files was great cause the files suits 80 cap.
My point is don't just open a server for the sake of doing it but instead innovate and create something new, something that attracts peoples attention.
Old 07/12/2012, 03:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadyi View Post
Wanna make a successful server ? don't make it a 110-120-130 cap pvp one.
but really try creating a server that's not overdone like a 100 cap pvp or a 90 cap pvp or a job based 80 cap server which is like based on anything but vsro files.
IMO ZSZC/ECSRO modified/bug free files are better than vsro w/ lots of edits.
EpicRoad 80 Cap PVP is great as an idea but u know 80 cap pvp is just not compatible with vsro files.
While their 90 cap PVE one is just epic w/ its edits and new features cause it suits the files.
on the other hand,Control Online *(80 cap pvp as well) which was a 1 day server but based on ZSZC/ECSRO files was great cause the files suits 80 cap.
My point is don't just open a server for the sake of doing it but instead innovate and create something new, something that attracts peoples attention.
There are no bug-free ECSRO/ZSZC/SWSRO files, at least not that most of people here got access to.
Old 07/12/2012, 03:48   #10
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
succesful server
  • Good community
  • Trusted Admins
  • Good features(not default ones)
  • 24/7 support
  • No hate between people

also, try to think about it
there are mainly 5-6 main servers
the rest are normally what we called Noob servers
this "noob servers" dont care about features, just want gm powers and free silks
i think sro isnt dead yet(if it was dead, only 1 server would e hosted with a max of 50 players online a day)
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/12/2012, 07:23   #11

elite*gold: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
succesful server
  • Good community
  • Trusted Admins
  • Good features(not default ones)
  • 24/7 support
  • No hate between people

also, try to think about it
there are mainly 5-6 main servers
the rest are normally what we called Noob servers
this "noob servers" dont care about features, just want gm powers and free silks
i think sro isnt dead yet(if it was dead, only 1 server would e hosted with a max of 50 players online a day)
All of those options were in purity sro , the important thing now is :
A GM WON'T DESTROY HIS SERVER AND GIVE ITEMS TO HIS PLAYERS.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/12/2012, 08:41   #12

honeslty,i think this is the #100 topic with this kind of idea. i wont even bother answering (every player has its own idea about a Cool server )
Old 07/12/2012, 09:33   #13

Received Thanks: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
Epicroad and Overlimit didn't introduce anything new. It's was already introduced... just on less popular servers that nobody remembers.
I would be grateful if you could refresh my memories

Did you bother to try them out by the way?
Old 07/12/2012, 10:22   #14

Received Thanks: 2,512
Meh... custom items, uniques is BULLSHIT! I want to play silkroad not some modified ****.
So I am playing playsro cap 80... but the server failed hard after they added ******* fellow pets...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/12/2012, 10:31   #15

In my opinion, its not about the features. Ofcouse it needs to have some stuff to competite with other servers, but the most important things are the Community and the Team(Management, Activity)