Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The summary of all servers, i guess?

Discussion on The summary of all servers, i guess? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 12/01/2018, 11:09   #16

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
They call me mystic mac
Old 12/01/2018, 23:52   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theross View Post
Would someone even play on a "non modded" 120 cap server with low rates, which does NOT "Sell" (donate for silk) stuff?
When I take a look at the current player base, I only see people who want to grind with no effort and rule the world.
What about GM activity? All of the players want a Clown (aka GM) who entertains them with "events".

I really miss those old days where you were playing on a non-modded server, wehre there was absolutely no GM interference, and where was absolutely no "donate-to-get-[insert_something_valubale_here]". Maybe we can make that come true again. The base for this would be a dedi which existence is not depending on donations (got it).
What else? Ah.. player base.. well, that's the problem.

What grinds my gears:
Since about 4 years, I own a "little" dedi on the net. 16g ram, i7. The costs of it are about 25€ / Month. I run personal stuff on it as that was the main reason I rant it. I always thought about just putting a sro server there for the fun, as the server is being paid and used anyway - no matter if there is an empty or full sro server on it.
I was thinking of putting a basic sro server on there, and just let it run: no updates, no big events, no GM interaction, no donation possibilities, but enough ways for the player to get silk by playing. As said - no possibility to buy anythign with real money.
I had that dream in just hosting woithout having to log on the game every day (as I work quite a lot and don't want to "work" to clown-entertain other people). Because the most joy people had on SRO, was when they were on their own.
Anyway... taking a look at the player base, I think that it would just have been a waste of time setting up the server I guess.
4 Years long, the ressources on the server have been used for maybe 10%, yet I still have more or less the same ideology: "Why wasting the ressources of it, if it could bring joy to someone for free?"

Let me know if you already had experiences with "host-it-and-let-it-run-by-itself-without-interefering" aka "absolutely no-profit-hosting" servers and how they are doing. Maybe that would make my hopes up.

Last Words: before someone judges: don't come up telling me that nobody would spend money to offer something for free - In my case I need a machine, no matter if there is a SRO server running on it or not - I have the need of it and its costs are calculated in my fixed costs (like Credit payments, savings, gas, electricity, food, insurance etc..). I'm not financially dependent on 25€ more per month
Honestly, this is what I've been longing for for the past many many years.

I learned SRO from private servers (which makes me sad) and although the years have passed by so fast and I have no clear picture of what had happened since the files were released, I am still willing to play a "host-it-and-let-it-run-by-itself-without-interfering" kind of server.

There are so many players playing these big, heavily edited and whatnot servers and I wish there were only one server aside from the official. (do people even play this game anymore?)

I check back on the game from time to time, including this forum and Youtube videos on SRO official and holy hell it is horrible. All I see is zerk pvp, donors and fucking 135 cap or 140.

There's this latino server and it has thousands of players, I guess they're more united than we are.

All I could wish for is a progressive cap 80 server and after, I don't know, half a year, it would upgrade to 90 then to 100. But 90 cap is probably the perfect.
Also, to make it less ghastly and ghostly, some zones could be closed and removed from the map as well. As well as skill edits depending on the cap.
I don't like the feeling of every zone being open but nobody to be seen.

The bad part is that there will always be from script kiddies to legit smart guys ruining the server or just exploiting the game. (if they even care about sro anymore). Silk items boosting your character should be removed, but silk items shouldn't be free, at all.
Let's say a grab pet of a month is $10 on the official servers or whatever. It could be $5 here or less.
Gold/trade rates/item drop rates low since I personally hate that within a month people run around with billion of gold in a low rate server.

I know this breaks the rules, but the server should be slightly edited to balance the chinese race (just a tiny bit) and ever so slightly, perhaps, nerf the eu one. Or balance both of them. Then, focus and integrate both of the races to party up. Even reward them for doing so.
Like daily log in rewards, rewards for hunting in a party, lottos (no gold lottos).
Perhaps a lotto that you buy with 5 silk and it would give you random stuff that event npc would give you.
Like, buy a 5 silk lotto and you have a chance of winning str/int/exp scroll, balloons, mounts, 1 day clock, skillpoint scrolls but they would give you a low amount of SP. The scrolls seem unbalanced, but I totally forgot about this game.
Also, perhap crafting avatar pieces? So not everybody would run around having avatars?
Boosting and rewarding the players for crafting and doing all kinds of activities.

There is so much to say on this topic.
Since there ain't much to do end game here, people should be rewarded for doing anything other than botting.

I know I'm totally subjective, but I like the idea of old interface(not the buggy one), very old avatars (no metal/fancy wings/over the top particles avatars), no fellow crap pets, no fatigue bar, ip limit should be maybe 5? (one staller and 4 chars botting?) but that feels like too much. Also, no magic pop.

Botting should be allowed because this is a korean grindy botty game and don't even get me started by denying that. However, since players bot to level up/get seal of x weapon/gear part, maybe completely disable sox items from dropping then boost quests exp ?

Perhaps unique hunting, jobbing (ugh I never liked jobbing), instances, daily quests, whatever else is left in the game would actually give you material pieces to craft your own seal of star/moon weapon. (seal of sun sounds too overpowered and if it is enabled it should be so damn hard to get).

The game should be hard, but not too hard that people leave it. Easier than the official, but definitely harder than those 500x rate private servers and oh god they are so populated. I guess there's a scale : the less quality the more player it gets.

I guess my point wholly defeats your purpose and the purpose of an old school server but there's so much new stuff people do with the game itself that we could cherry pick an idea or two and use it without making the game heavily edited.

Perhaps the amount of silk you can buy should have a limit so you don't get everything at once?
Uhm, what about a drop event where mobs drop certain stuff then there's a npc in town to exchange this stuff for various items ? Ugh, this encourages botting

No advanced elixir, premium should be nerfed and max alchemy plus to be +10? Or lower?

I have so many ideas, I hope I didn't make a mess on this thread. You could message me for more I guess
Old 12/03/2018, 17:44   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
Perhaps the amount of silk you can buy should have a limit so you don't get everything at once?
silk+buying = profit oriented server with p2w flavor
Old 12/03/2018, 19:10   #19

Quote:
silk+buying = profit oriented server with p2w flavor
A server has to sustain itself somehow.
I wouldn't say it's pay to win if I charge 5 euros, buy a rabbit pet and sell it for 10 m gold. Gold which I can get by grinding
Old 12/03/2018, 19:21   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
A server has to sustain itself somehow.
I wouldn't say it's pay to win if I charge 5 euros, buy a rabbit pet and sell it for 10 m gold. Gold which I can get by grinding
as I stated in my post. I have a server which is needed, but its ressources are only 10% used. Yes I could put the stuff in AWS or Azure and reduce costs, but the machine costs barely 20€ / Month and I for example am paying it for about 5 years now. I wouldn't need to sell anything to get the machine paid. It's *** cheap, and everyone who has a normal job, can afford to "waste" 20€ and open-up a voluntary donation page where donators don't get any reward.

I hosted a dekaron server like that for quite a few months. I made a donation bar and a donation wall (for those who donated and wanted it to be publiced) and ran it completely transparent. People trusted me, people donated, there was nothing people could complain about.
Most important: I didn't clown-entertain the crowd like nowadays "GMs" do.
Remember ecsro? due to its monopoly and sinplicity, they didn't have to clown-entertain their users either. I actually find those repetitive "evens" annoying. When you repeat something over and over again, it stops being "an event". it rather becomes "obligatory"
Old 12/03/2018, 20:23   #21

Quote:
as I stated in my post. I have a server which is needed, but its ressources are only 10% used. Yes I could put the stuff in AWS or Azure and reduce costs, but the machine costs barely 20€ / Month and I for example am paying it for about 5 years now. I wouldn't need to sell anything to get the machine paid. It's *** cheap, and everyone who has a normal job, can afford to "waste" 20€ and open-up a voluntary donation page where donators don't get any reward.

I hosted a dekaron server like that for quite a few months. I made a donation bar and a donation wall (for those who donated and wanted it to be publiced) and ran it completely transparent. People trusted me, people donated, there was nothing people could complain about.
Most important: I didn't clown-entertain the crowd like nowadays "GMs" do.
Remember ecsro? due to its monopoly and sinplicity, they didn't have to clown-entertain their users either. I actually find those repetitive "evens" annoying. When you repeat something over and over again, it stops being "an event". it rather becomes "obligatory"

I understand, but that doesn't mean people should run around with free silk items.
Also, yeah, I understand now, your idea seems noble and genuine.
Old 12/06/2018, 14:57   #22

worst thing about silkroad is the performance. someone needs to remake sro in dx12. people enjoy early game but when the big fights of end game come into play, they all quit due to furstration of playing wiht 10 fps.