Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VSRO Files and How it will change the community

Discussion on VSRO Files and How it will change the community within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
VSRO Files and How it will change the community

I know some people are mad because the files were released today. Some people are happy because they can finally create a server for friends. In the long run, the release of the files is the best thing to happen to the private server community. Why? Let me explain:

Without the files being released

As you know, we have a few servers. ESRO, ZSZC, etc. The admins were either corrupt with money, or they charged ridiculous prices for silk and didn't care about the players.

Then along came Bloody and Diamond to make us feel special again. Diamond, for example, showed that with good customer service, active GM's, events, and double XP weekends, that you can win players over. Not to mention the cheap silk prices. So the pros and cons of files not being released:

Good
- Very few servers
- Lot of players in each server, never empty.
- Stability (most servers are always online)

Bad
- Corrupt/greedy admins
- Poor customer service (in some servers)
- Limited selection of servers

With the files being released

Now that the files are public, we can expect to see the community rebuild from the ground up. People will fight, and it will be hell for the first few months. I saw the same thing when I played World of Warcraft. Everyone thought it would doom the pServers forever. But in the end, it worked out because small groups of people came together as a community to develop better servers that separate them from others.

Once we get past this "rebuilding" phase, I'm sure we will see some "Top25" websites dedicated to advertising the best private servers for Silkroad. These would be the servers people want to play on, because the GM's are active, it's a good enviroment, and they aren't greedy money hungry bastards. Pros and cons:

Good
- Huge selection of servers
- Ability to host your own server with friends, and keep the public out.
- A "universal" client to play on almost all pservers... you would only need an updated pk2 to switch servers, or a launcher.

Bad
- First few months will be flooded with new servers that nobody plays on
- Constant questions asking "How to setup..."
- Players on current private servers will feel like they leveled for nothing

What we can do to make this community better

This will not happen overnight. But work together to make this place more enjoyable by helping others out, sharing tips, configs, etc. You don't have to respect someone to be nice to them. Trolls will be trolls... but in the end they will be the ones playing on other peoples servers.

Stop with all the hating, griping, complaining, and fighting. It's already forced one person out, and he's the one who everyone "loves" now because he held true to his word and released the damn thing.

Overall, I'm excited about the opportunity to play on new servers. I would love to see ESRO go down when people stop buying silk there.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 09/12/2011, 01:19   #2

Good and bad's are almost right 1 thing tho NO ONE WILL PLAY ON A SERVER WHIT 30 PLAYERS that's what makes public server's future safe
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/12/2011, 01:19   #3

changes:
noobs will cry for how to set up server
Chernobyl will be spammed to ****

good people will develop a proper server possibly and show their thirst for money in time and corruption might kick in later
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/12/2011, 01:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbloom View Post
changes:
chernybyl will be spammed to ****

good people will develope a proper server possibly and show their thirst for money in time and corruption might kick in later
But that's what is different, now that the files are public, you don't have to play on a server with a corrupt money hungry admin. You can just go to a new server with better GM's.
Old 09/12/2011, 01:22   #5

Threadstarter:cool story broo
Threadstarter:to much ti read
Old 09/12/2011, 01:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colb View Post
But that's what is different, now that the files are public, you don't have to play on a server with a corrupt money hungry admin. You can just go to a new server with better GM's.
why bother with psro with the time you waste there u can play on any 1x server with max char i only hang out on psro's to trolololo for fun
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/12/2011, 01:23   #7

Quote:
Threadstarter:cool story broo
Threadstarter:to much ti read
Trolls will be trolls. My exact point. Didn't want to take the time to read, but he took the time to hit reply and type out a jackass response. GOOD JOB.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/12/2011, 01:24   #8

Quote:
Trolls will be trolls. My exact point. Didn't want to take the time to read, but he took the time to hit reply and type out a jackass response. GOOD JOB.
edit :nvm
Old 09/12/2011, 01:26   #9

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you.

Love your sig, btw.
Old 09/12/2011, 01:31   #10

Only thing is you can change is jack ****, wanna be kids to have servers will exist in all emulated mmorpgs, so to change something is imposible to get yourself a server that its recognized and popular its hard, but not imposible.
Old 09/12/2011, 01:33   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbloom View Post
changes:
chernybyl will be spammed to ****

good people will develope a proper server possibly and show their thirst for money in time and corruption might kick in later
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelShade View Post
Only thing is you can change is jack ****, wanna be kids to have servers will exist in all emulated mmorpgs, so to change something is imposible to get yourself a server that its recognized and popular its hard, but not imposible.
What? That didn't make any sense. English fail.

Anyway, look at World of Warcraft. Seems to be doing just fine now. It was hell when the private servers first started coming out (kind of like SRO). But once more people had access to hosting, it balanced out. The only way I will play WoW is on pservers now. Just like SRO
Old 09/12/2011, 01:40   #12

Quote:
What? That didn't make any sense. English fail.

Anyway, look at World of Warcraft. Seems to be doing just fine now. It was hell when the private servers first started coming out (kind of like SRO). But once more people had access to hosting, it balanced out. The only way I will play WoW is on pservers now. Just like SRO
what do i have to do in that quote lolollololo?
Old 09/12/2011, 01:47   #13

Accident. Forum fail!
Old 09/12/2011, 03:21   #14

lool