Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

For those hoping for European Xpansion on ECSRO

Discussion on For those hoping for European Xpansion on ECSRO within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
For those hoping for European Xpansion on ECSRO

Since this new private server looks possibly imminent, I would like to point out something. Anyone that has access to .pk editing programs can verify this.

If you look at the map.pk2 file in the private server (MTHC), and the one for ISRO, you will see there quite a few differences in the two. ISRO has a lot more map files (European map) than the MHTC (1.091 which ECSRO is based on). These files have to be loaded when the program is run. If you don't have them with the correct client/server, it will crash. There is no way to add the extra files to the client with a version of 1.091 because the server isn't looking for these files.

I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble here but just trying to point out a fact... Unless they have a team of crack programmers that can modify this version, client & server and include new server files, There will be no European update or Fortress wars with version 1.091.

Also for those that are going to buy silk. It's up to you what you do with your money but I need to point out this. Joymax currently holds a license in Germany (where ECSRO server is). When they start making money from silk, there will be a good possibility that Joymax will shut the server down. You will be out of your $$$ again. It's up to you if you want to take that risk of losing money.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2008, 10:11   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chernobyl View Post
Since this new private server looks possibly imminent, I would like to point out something. Anyone that has access to .pk editing programs can verify this.
If you look at the map.pk2 file in the private server (MTHC), and the one for ISRO, you will see there quite a few differences in the two. ISRO has a lot more map files (European map) than the MHTC (1.091 which ECSRO is based on). These files have to be loaded when the program is run. If you don't have them with the correct client/server, it will crash. There is no way to add the extra files to the server with a version of 1.091 because the server isn't looking for these files. I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble here but just trying to point out a fact... Unless they have a team of crack programmers that can modify this version, client & server.

Include new server files, There will be no European update or Fortress wars with version 1.091.

Also for those that are going to buy silk. It's up to you what you do with your money but I need to point out this. Joymax currently holds a license in Germany (where ECSRO server is). When they start making money from silk, there will be a good possibility that Joymax will shut the server down. You will be out of your $$$ again. It's up to you if you want to take that risk of losing money.
You could at least have seperated the text a little bit, would be easier to read
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/20/2008, 10:15   #3

Hope thats better
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2008, 10:46   #4

About the money - yeah you`d have to be pretty dumb to buy silk for server that has just been set up. The thing about private servers is - it can disappear at any moment.

And about the euro patch - have they announced or said anything about it ?
Old 04/20/2008, 10:49   #5

elite*gold: 10
yep.. ocean announced that the euro update will be on 15th May
Old 04/21/2008, 04:20   #6

Received Thanks: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by revenger888 View Post
yep.. ocean announced that the euro update will be on 15th May
the way things going probably the server open may15 instead of getting euro <.< just had to have delays shocking
Old 04/22/2008, 00:41   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjaggi View Post
the way things going probably the server open may15 instead of getting euro <.< just had to have delays shocking
Yea I think you are right cause they can't even open the server on the promise day. Plus now they are dragging out the opening day. I really do doubt that the europe update will have. Maybe the server won't happen either. Maybe their just waiting for MHTC to be opened again and then Ocean is going to tell us to just play on the MHTC server. I hope that I am wrong.
Old 04/22/2008, 02:48   #8

that's why i'm also wondering only about a month they will immediately add european update? why is that?
am sure they need another client for that just like in ISRO when they addd euro update coz its completely different they cant just add an update for it. i am also wondering until now they still haven't shown any screenshots of their server, even a single printscreen. i hope i am wrong.