Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What about a p2p pserver?

Discussion on What about a p2p pserver? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/03/2011, 20:28   #16

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,814
Thought this would actually be a good and clean dicussion, but always someone have to write something ******* idiotic (Referring to iRaQiMafia).

I think if some skilled and serious programmers would start work on an emulator and do it open source, it could actually go somewhere. I dont think that one or two persons can build an emulator, it takes to much time.
Or if the server files were leaked somehow and released in elitepvpers, you could make an emulator based on the server files.
but what do I think about an p2p server?
I think paying around 5$ for one account would be enough. But the server gotta be worth playing and up 2 date. Or even free 2 play since you can buy silks.
Old 06/03/2011, 20:35   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropdead* View Post
Thought this would actually be a good and clean dicussion, but always someone have to write something ******* idiotic (Referring to iRaQiMafia).

I think if some skilled and serious programmers would start work on an emulator and do it open source, it could actually go somewhere. I dont think that one or two persons can build an emulator, it takes to much time.
Or if the server files were leaked somehow and released in elitepvpers, you could make an emulator based on the server files.
but what do I think about an p2p server?
I think paying around 5$ for one account would be enough. But the server gotta be worth playing and up 2 date. Or even free 2 play since you can buy silks.
dude, i think u didn't understand what i mean?
that idiot wants from Elite Sro to be Free to play
well we're not gonna pay one cent for this free game..
its just sucks when you pay money for a free game just because some random idiots wants it to be P2P
just like what WorldDJ said.
Old 06/03/2011, 20:52   #18

@WorldDj - Believe me, I can totally understand that, and I accept your point of view.

@Dropdead - Thank you for the respect showing to the forum. Well, open source would be an alternative, probably functional also, but in that case we couldn't talk about a p2p pserver, since it's open source. In the other hand, talking about cash, keeping it closed source would not make us rich, just make some calculations:
- eg. 1$/month/1 server- I would not go any further with the price
- multiplied let's say with 1000 user
- would be divided between creators - at least 5-6
- plus server maintenance - being a paid server, can't keep it at "home", relying on local ISP

Good point, though, thanks.

@iRaQiMafia - and you didn't got my point, still, I got your's.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/03/2011, 20:57   #19

Received Thanks: 2,010
open source doesn't necesairily mean that you can't make money. there is enough open source software that is profitable. Besides, you shouldn't be sharing money between creators, rather try to pay your server costs ;P
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/03/2011, 21:08   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
open source doesn't necesairily mean that you can't make money. there is enough open source software that is profitable. Besides, you shouldn't be sharing money between creators, rather try to pay your server costs ;P
Actually you have right about the first part. If the world would be filled with more serious people, and the global financial situation would be better, we could even choose donationware kind payments (eg. LinuxMint - just take a look at their donation page - but than again, this is different kind of soft).

But about the creators, I would not agree with that. Work is work, and if it's done well, it is worth keep that people nearby, incentivating them by payment. At least, this is my point of view.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/03/2011, 21:26   #21

A server's income should be spent on the servers. Upgrade the security, Upgrade the software and hardware for the server. So 1$ would each month would be enough to keep an stable server running
But many owners of servers spends the money on themselves.
but the world is obsessed with money in my opinion.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/03/2011, 21:30   #22

If you are in it for the money, just give up. Nobody is going to pay YOU to play. They would pay to have a pleasant playing experience, by having frequent updates and server stability. If one doesn't have the funds to get a server up and running on their own then it is a waste of everyone's time.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/03/2011, 22:11   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacirema View Post
If you are in it for the money, just give up. Nobody is going to pay YOU to play. They would pay to have a pleasant playing experience, by having frequent updates and server stability. If one doesn't have the funds to get a server up and running on their own then it is a waste of everyone's time.
You got a point there. But I dont think the owner should pay everything himself, sure if he has alot of money he can. But at the beginning, a lot off people wont buy silk before they know how good and stable the server is. So one option is to charge 1$ (which is nothing) for one account to keep the server running the first month, or just use a ****** dedicated server which will make the server lagg and attract no players what so ever. We've seen elite sro when it opened with **** dedicated server so it lagged like hell, apparently the admin didnt think that well. So they put maximum players 1k, crowded directly and it was unplayable.
Old 06/03/2011, 22:44   #24

Received Thanks: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2221 View Post
@WorldDj - Believe me, I can totally understand that, and I accept your point of view.
Thing is, Silkroad online doesn't have what it takes to be a p2p game...the normal Isro...to make matters worse you want a p2p pserver...
Old 06/03/2011, 23:03   #25

Ok guys. I got the message. Better to drop the idea, even if I don't understand, if JoyMax asks us 30$ (300silk) to get IG (Premium) so we can log in withouth troubles and no DC, why it wouldn't be comfortable for 1$.. Thought after 300+ views, more players would have agreed with me.. Well, that's it.

Thanks for everyone.

@Mods - You can close the topic. Thanks.
Old 06/04/2011, 08:58   #26

Nothing is impossible..

I have to say tho, if you are going to do this, make sure you enjoy every second you spend on sro..
Old 06/04/2011, 13:09   #27

p2p , maybe u wouldn't agree with my opinion guys but spending the money that i can spend on beer or weed for a fking game? HELL NO NEVER EVER !
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/04/2011, 15:29   #28

If I got my hands on the server files by any means, I would invest a lot in it and then expect to take something out of it.
Old 06/04/2011, 16:55   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinleez View Post
If I got my hands on the server files by any means, I would invest a lot in it and then expect to take something out of it.
As do all the pservers, which you will then be hated by everyone because people will start accusing you of corruption.

Id rather sell the files with 1 key component missing and make bank off retarded noobs with huge wads of cash
Old 06/04/2011, 17:22   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaQiMafia View Post
dude, i think u didn't understand what i mean?
that idiot wants from Elite Sro to be Free to play
well we're not gonna pay one cent for this free game..
its just sucks when you pay money for a free game just because some random idiots wants it to be P2P
just like what WorldDJ said.
As long as people want to spend some bucks for an account it will exist.

If you don't wanna pay money for it you can't play on it.

"You can't eat your cake, and have it too"

Ont: If we had a REAL EDUCATED PROGRAMMER AVAILABLE and not a hobby programmer it would be possible to do this i'm 100% sure of that.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread