Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I want to increase the server Capacity more than 1000 I will pay to you if you want

Discussion on I want to increase the server Capacity more than 1000 I will pay to you if you want within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I want to increase the server Capacity more than 1000 I will pay to you if you want

Hello

I want to increase my server capacity more than 1000 I tried to increase it from the srShard.ini which in certification folder but it's increased in SMC like that 0/1500 but when the online players reached to 1000/1500 it's maxed player that's mean the max players is still 1000 players online only so could anyone here help to increase the server capacity to 1500 or 2000 and I will pay to him.

Regards
Old 12/04/2016, 16:04   #2

Credits : pushedx from :

Quote:
To run 1 shard (i.e. a named server, like Xian, Troy, etc...) to achieve 3000 slots would require:

1 Gateway Server [> 4GB Total Ram]
- high traffic server
- requires good ddos protection, physical firewall (unless you think you can get by on 1gbit lines + firewall)
- Server could also host the GlobalManager, FarmManager, Certification
- MSSQL as well if you had 2-3 GB reserved for it

3 - 4 Agent/Game Server [ > 4GB Total Ram Each]
- high traffic server
- requires good ddos protection, physical firewall (unless you think you can get by on 1gbit lines + firewall)
- Server can also host the GameServer if you had 3 GB reserved for it

1 Download Server (optional)
- high traffic server (if you patch a lot)
- high disk IO server

+ A correctly configured certification file to connect everything together. Based on the leaked JSRO configuration and how ISRO agent IPs are given out, it's safe to say to you need a 1:1 ratio of Agent and Game servers to maintain an efficient system. You might be able to get by with something slightly different though, but it requires a lot of testing.

However, it would be a good idea to have 1 server only for MSSQL that you can isolate from the rest of the public access to help secure it. Likewise the same is true of hosting the Global, Farm, and Cert on different machines with no public access.

The GameServer needs at last 2-3 GB for the process itself reserved. This setup requires hosting different regions of the Silkroad world on different machines. For example, you could put China (jangan), West China (DW) on one server, Europe (Cons + Sama) on a second server, then the rest of the regular regions like Alex and Roc on a third, then spread out the instances, events, and special areas across equally.

For servers that plan on running really high drop rates or hosting a lot of events where spawning tons of mobs is frequent, you definitely want to be on the side of having too much power rather than not enough. You need many physical machines for the best performance or you can consider virtualization options if you are experienced with it.

The host you mentioned has servers in Germany, so no, that would not be a good machine to use. You need to host in Russia, Netherlands, or some other country that will not forward you DMCA complaints and where the copyright laws are not the same as USA, Europe, etc.... The hard drives on that machine are also a joke, 5400 sata 2? A CPU of an AMD Athlon II? You need to get real server hardware. Before considering buying anything, you have to do more research on dedicated servers that run MMOs.

The only way to run server files on one decent server machine is to limit the number of slots to less than 1,000 and disable a good portion of the world to prevent too many objects from spawning. The key to running SRO servers is horizontal scaling, not vertical. As a result, actually trying to setup a decent server with a lot of slots takes a significant investment both server and security wise.

The only other option is to get a really high end machine and run VMs, but that in itself involves significant overhead unless you have things setup the best way. While running OS based VMs does work, I think the overhead will be too high for a real server of that size.
Old 12/04/2016, 22:13   #3

contact me via epvp pm, i can help you via "Team Viewer"
Old 12/05/2016, 18:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTeach+- View Post
contact me via epvp pm, i can help you via "Team Viewer"
I did , I have sent a private message to you.

Regards