Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Windows 10 incompatibility DirectX 9.0c

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Windows 10 incompatibility DirectX 9.0c

Just short and sweet:

A clean fresh Windows 10 install. I know the incompatibility about Windows 10 with older software, frameworks, runtimes.
I knew that doing this step, instead of leaving that Win7->Win10 upgrade, will cause some issues, but that kind of unbearable ones are just annoying.

Anyone figured out how to fix this?

Update:
This gets ridiculous. Just figured out, that the arabia regions (the desert grid) will be bugging insanely. And I thought, I were missing some kind of second layer/pattern, since I started to notice a double-ground-texture layer around jangan, that this was an issue on the arabian content. (And yes, I am aware of the missing sand_texture_01 on this video. I am just setting up a redux arabian patch folder with only the necessary files, keeping client size as low as possible.)

Update

I love Windows 10 for it's "new futuristic" behavior, by completely shutting off directX 9 compatibility.
And yes, I've tried it with a NVidia card (GTX 980 ti) and an AMD card (R9 290X). With my modified graphic libraries and the stock joymax ones. Same results by latest driver standards.

Old 04/21/2016, 11:10   #2

did you tryed install DX 9 redistributable full package ??

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

If this din´t help, problem is on VGA driver side. You can try make some application profile in youre driver utility, but that is all what you can do.

Old 04/21/2016, 16:53   #3

Yea, I tried it with the package installer, not the usual "webinstaller" of the DirectX series. The respective 41 and 43 .dlls are located in Sys32 and SysWOW64.
Tweaked and tuned my AMD Catalyst driver as well, but it seems like nothing specific "AMD Optimized" affects the render qualty of the game itself.

If you, or anyone else, is using AMD, and has that specific setting, which won't affect it, just leave a comment here with the options, as well, if you guys are using MSI Afterburner and Riva.
Old 04/21/2016, 17:16   #4

Then you should try graphics enhancer made for Silkroad Europe i think it works with all Vsro versions. Link:

Or search for Silkroad graphics enhancer on forums, maybe some will work for you and fix bugs. :-)

Old 04/21/2016, 17:39   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by janicka View Post
Then you should try graphics enhancer made for Silkroad Europe i think it works with all Vsro versions. Link:

Or search for Silkroad graphics enhancer on forums, maybe some will work for you and fix bugs. :-)
Might be a good idea for every kind of silkroad client out there, but not mine. I recoded the graphical engine not allowing any kind of hooking to the client
Old 04/22/2016, 10:07   #6

then im out of ideas :-)
Old 05/01/2016, 23:10   #7

Okay, it's official. Win 10 is annoying for old games.

« Icrease Thief NPC spawn | VGA Issue »