Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hosting an server for LAN

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hosting an server for LAN

Hey there, i just have a question.

Can i host a server which only for my LAN user to join ? Any kind ideas can be given ?

Thanks

Old 01/09/2016, 17:32   #2

Yes, it is easy doing so. You are owning a specific IP which your modem/router will hand out. The so called "IPv4". Usually it is a 192.168.***.***, e.g. 192.168.22.4 = PC Number 4, your PC.
People in your network just need to enter either the IP addresses 192.168.22.4 or 127.0.0.1 (should work, too) to the loader (or you inject it manually with the IPInput tools around here), you need to "Multiclient" hack your sro_client.exe (since, people hosting on the same network and trying to join the server on the same network won't work without the native multiclient hack) and give it a try without any portforwarding (since it's a local network, no inbound/outgoing connections).

The ini files of your server have to be set as 192.168.22.4 as well, same goes for the billingserver (asp files) and so on.

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/09/2016, 18:05   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Yes, it is easy doing so. You are owning a specific IP which your modem/router will hand out. The so called "IPv4". Usually it is a 192.168.***.***, e.g. 192.168.22.4 = PC Number 4, your PC.
People in your network just need to enter either the IP addresses 192.168.22.4 or 127.0.0.1 (should work, too) to the loader (or you inject it manually with the IPInput tools around here), you need to "Multiclient" hack your sro_client.exe (since, people hosting on the same network and trying to join the server on the same network won't work without the native multiclient hack) and give it a try without any portforwarding (since it's a local network, no inbound/outgoing connections).

The ini files of your server have to be set as 192.168.22.4 as well, same goes for the billingserver (asp files) and so on.

what DB/Client should i use? can i use SREMU ?>
Old 01/10/2016, 02:16   #4

Use Hamachi and any1 in ur network can join even if not ur lan
use vsro 1.88 cuz its the easiest though
you can find many guides aroung
and ready to use DB+Client+Server files
GOOD LUCK

Old 01/10/2016, 03:43   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skila2me View Post
what DB/Client should i use? can i use SREMU ?>
Why would you like to bother with an emulators (a coded program, mostly in java, which just simulates the original), while you can use the original files?

Go for vSRO 188. They are well documented, upgrade vise about increasing caps, restrictions, limitations, etc, adding new content with easy, it is stable, and not a fully **** mix loaded with ridiculous file clusters of differnt silkroad locals like the current cSRO-R files out there.

« Help in csro | Quest Rewards Complete Set?! »