Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[client]slow load

Discussion on [client]slow load within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[client]slow load

hey guys,
my game kinda slows slowly i thought at first it is because my computer needs an upgrade but. recently i download another p.servers and they all load fast well faster than my own game how to fix that please ?
Old 10/21/2015, 00:17   #2

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Maybe your client has larger resources. If you're using some released client with more Map/Data then it will probably take longer. Get a better hdd or maybe an ssd (fast ****).
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2015, 17:05   #3

let me guess you tried to add the latest things at \minimap and \minimap_d with arabia contents or something
yes i had your problem too and that was the reason so as Exo said taking large resource
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2015, 21:35   #4

iam using a released db it has alot of stuff is there a way to creat a new data & media pk2
with the only files it needs to run ?
Old 10/21/2015, 22:17   #5

yes you can extract the current media.pk2 and create a new one with joymax's tool after that you can delete any files you don't need or at least import the files you want only, and same way with data.pk2
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/22/2015, 13:05   #6

Received Thanks: 1,371
Probably to many items in one ItemData.txt or too much stuff in RefShopGoods etc.

If you want to add a lot of items you need to create new .txt files, because if you have 1 large one it will take longer to load it, tested it on vSRO before.

Also in ur .txt files only use items which is service 1, ignore items that is service 0 to make it load faster.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/22/2015, 15:38   #7

Received Thanks: 1,044
For a lighter client you will have to put some time there. So.. you have a server like 5th degree ? (example..) Delete all the items that are degree >5, from npcs, from drops, from everywhere.. including itemdata files and so on.. I've noticed that such big changes could cause many crashes in the client so be careful. Do only small edits at once, so once it goes wrong you can reverse and start over again until you find a solution on how to make it work. All the not needed stuff should be gone. Also Data.pk2/Media.pk2, once you build them (they have all the files you need inside) do this:

1. Fully extract the files, using a normal extractor ofcourse.
2. Create an Empty pk2 file using joymax tools
3. Import Data folder into the empty Data.pk2 (it should be 4KB while it's empty)
4. Import Media folder into the empty Media.pk2

This usually reduces size of the pk2 files, because importing too many times into these files sometimes increases their size and sometimes not (excuse me but on that question I am totally lost and can't explain why it happens )

Have fun
Thanks
1 User