Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SR_Gameserver Error

Discussion on SR_Gameserver Error within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SR_Gameserver Error

Too long, not reading this: Attempted to add 13 Degree drops using this guide, got an overlap error (full error below) when adding 13 Degree IDs to table: _RefDropItemAssign

Hi, I'm fairly new to making vSRO servers.

I have a working database and client. I have managed to get everything running, I only have one problem...

Recently I had decided that I would try to add 13 Degree drops into monsters between the levels of 120 and 130. After searching the forums on a guide on how to do this, I ran across, this guide. I have managed to run both queries and successfully insert the _RefDropItemAssign IDs. The only problem arises when I attempt to launch my server, after starting the server in the usual order, starting with Certification and ending with SR_Gameserver, everything loads fine up until the end of Gameserver's launch.

I receive this error: local overlap job exception!! : CServerProcessOverlap

So I go back and remove the IDs I inserted into the table: _RefDropItemAssign and Gameserver launches up normally.

~

My question:

How do I insert the IDs for 13 Degree items into _RefDropItemAssign without getting this error?

My theory:

Please keep in mind that I am new to the whole private server thing so I don't know much about it, I'm just theorizing...

After reading a couple of threads and observing the database, it appears that the server organizes drops based on monster level and organizes the drops in three 'ProbGroups.'

From reading the guide I linked earlier, it appears that the reason I add the IDs in RefDropItemAssign is to assign the item IDs to certain probgroups. There are 36 probgroups in my database, the easiest number to divide this by that would make the most sense is 12, 3 probgroups for every degree. Unfortunately, this means that there is no probgroup for Degree 13, right? But then that leads me to question why the guide would insert the probability numbers in probgroups 34, 35, and 36.

So my theory is to eliminate a degree out of refdropitemassign such as degree 12, and replace it with degree 13. This would take some time (at least for me) and I want to know if I should attempt this method.

Please remember this is my theory and I am still new to private servers and am trying to learn.

Any thoughts? Solutions? Tips?

Thanks for reading this and thanks in advance for any help.

Update I thought that I should add in new coulumns to the table, probgroups 37, 38, and 39, for 13 degree, but the database doesn't automatically assign them to the new tables, so I suspect that gameserver is where the equipment is assigned to, I don't know for sure though, and I'm not 100% sure on how I'll go about editing gameserver.

I think I'd use OllyDbg to debug it, but I don't even know where to start looking...
Old 01/25/2014, 00:52   #2

elite*gold: 0
bump

Tags
cserverprocessoverlap, d13 drops, gameserver error